Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pelicans 2016 Off-Season Thread

Discuss the draft, free agency and potential trades for the Pelicans here.

I like the Heild pick a lot. He's a mature (23 year old) 6'4 shooter but he needs to work on other parts of his game from what I have read. Him Reke and Jrue should make a decent back court if he develops.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Holiday / Frazier
    Buddy / Evans
    QPon / Cunningham
    AD / Diallo
    Asik / Ajinca

Moving onto FA now #1 target should be a SF

Id prefer Ajinca to start over Asik with AD

Our main target has to be a SF but we could us another wing player, and another big.
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

I think the starting 5 of Jrue,Buddy,Evans,Davis,and Asik is a competitive roster. It's just the same old story as any New Orleans team. We are always able to put out a competitive starting 5. It's when they sit down where do we go. You have to have a bench or sign a better FA who can push one of our starters to the bench.

Have read we're interested in Mike Conley. Possible Jrue trade?

Holiday / Frazier
    Buddy / Evans
    Hill / Cunningham/QPon
    AD / Diallo
    Asik / Ajinca

This is a far better lineup already. If we could trade Asik and get a better C it would be a much better team lol!

E'twaun Moore signed

Moore is a Eric Gordon with out the injuries. And a little better defense. What do you guys think about Anthony Davis wanting Pels to sign Rondo?

Also couple of other rumors. We are looking at Thomas Robison. And we are in talks with Rockets for Terrance Jones for Asik trade.

Quote Originally Posted by nobreed504 View Post
    Also couple of other rumors. We are looking at Thomas Robison. And we are in talks with Rockets for Terrance Jones for Asik trade.
    I want no part of Jones on the Pels.

The Pels made some pretty damn awful signings. Soloman Hill getting 48mil. Really? Dude has no jumper. I am not sure what to think of the Moore signing. Seems like a lot of money to give guys that simply don't play much. I don't see any big FA's coming to New Orleans because its a small market and all players are doing are building super teams.

I did see an article that if Wade leaves Miami that the Heat will look to get Reke. For the right price everyone is available. I wonder what they would give up for Reke or if there is anything that we would want from them.
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Pels sign Langston Galloway, 2 year deal

Holiday / Galloway
    Buddy / Evans / Moore
    Hill / QPon / Cunningham
    AD / Diallo
    Asik / Ajinca

Definitely in need of a backup 4 now who can play if AD gets injured or as a 4 while AD plays center, and Frazier would be a handy plus.

Tyreke to Miami for space or for a player?

Shams Charania Verified account ‏@ShamsCharania 10h10 hours ago

Free agent forward Terrence Jones is nearing agreement on a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources tell The Vertical.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Holiday / Galloway
    Buddy / Evans / Moore
    Hill / QPon / Cunningham
    AD / Diallo
    Asik / Ajinca

Definitely in need of a backup 4 now who can play if AD gets injured or as a 4 while AD plays center, and Frazier would be a handy plus.

Tyreke to Miami for space or for a player?
    It was just something I read about. The article did mention that Miami may not have anything of interest to the Pels and a third team may need to be involved. Not saying that Reke is not expendable because I think anyone on the roster minus AD is available, but the Pels would need something of worth back.

Quote Originally Posted by aussie View Post
    Shams Charania Verified account ‏@ShamsCharania 10h10 hours ago

Free agent forward Terrence Jones is nearing agreement on a one-year deal with the New Orleans Pelicans, league sources tell The Vertical.
    I am not a fan of signing Jones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast