Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who is the best player in the world RIGHT NOW?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebron

71 58.20%
  • Curry

42 34.43%
  • Durant

5 4.10%
  • Other

4 3.28%
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    lol, just lol @ Westbrook not even being an option in the poll.

OP, seriously. Can't believe I had to vote other...

for this playoffs, it's between Westbrook and LeBron. I would give the nod to Westbrook, but it's not by much.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Westbrook voters setting themselves up for disappointment.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashBolt View Post
    Do you have a case for KD/Westbrook over LeBron? Pretty sure LeBron+Westbrook on the same team is unstoppable.
    A big case. KD is a far superior shooter. Westrbrook explosiveness trumps Lebrons overall game. They both have shown that they can take over a game at any moment and put the game out of reach, KD with lights out shooting and Russ with his pure relentlessness.

And I don't think Westbrook and Lebron would be lethal at all because Lebron doesn't have the outside shooting to balance it out. That's what makes that combo so deadly is KDs sniping, whereas you could pack the paint on Russ and just give Lebron the jumper.

Curry
    Lebron
    Durant
    Westbrook

Those are the top 4 in that order. But as I've said in the past, there isn't much separating these guys. It is virtually a 4 way tie, even though it is pretty clear that Curry had the best season out of the 4 this year and deserved the unanimous MVP.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    A big case. KD is a far superior shooter. Westrbrook explosiveness trumps Lebrons overall game. They both have shown that they can take over a game at any moment and put the game out of reach, KD with lights out shooting and Russ with his pure relentlessness.

And I don't think Westbrook and Lebron would be lethal at all because Lebron doesn't have the outside shooting to balance it out. That's what makes that combo so deadly is KDs sniping, whereas you could pack the paint on Russ and just give Lebron the jumper.
    Durant had a slightly better regular season than LeBron, but he is nowhere near LeBron in the playoffs this year when it comes to numbers. You talk about Durant's shooting, when in reality, LeBron is killing him in FG%, TS% and actually shooting the same 3% in the playoffs.....

LeBron rests during the regular season now. I don't think he is the LeBron of old by any means, but he is dominant in these playoffs. But I can also understand the argument that the Spurs/Warriors will probably lower anyones efficiency, so really I am just pointing it out. LeBron is vastly outplaying Durant in the playoffs, numbers wise.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Durant had a slightly better regular season than LeBron, but he is nowhere near LeBron in the playoffs this year when it comes to numbers. You talk about Durant's shooting, when in reality, LeBron is killing him in FG%, TS% and actually shooting the same 3% in the playoffs.....

LeBron rests during the regular season now. I don't think he is the LeBron of old by any means, but he is dominant in these playoffs. But I can also understand the argument that the Spurs/Warriors will probably lower anyones efficiency, so really I am just pointing it out. LeBron is vastly outplaying Durant in the playoffs, numbers wise.
    Yeah but one is shooting dunks and lay ups while the other is shooting pull 2s and 3s so do you really take the numbers that seriously?

What's Lebrons percentage from 3pt line? It was a horrible 30% for the season and a even worse 28% for the playoffs. Not to mention 64% from the line, while KD just hit something like 28 straight free throws. Meaning you can once again either back off Lebron and give him the shot or put him on the line.

So while Lebrons overall stats might look better right now he can't buy a 3 to save his life and he's a liability at the line. I'd like easily take KD any day!

Yeah but one is shooting dunks and lay ups while the other is shooting pull 2s and 3s so do you really take the numbers that seriously?

What's Lebrons percentage from 3pt line? It was a horrible 30% for the season and a even worse 28% for the playoffs. Not to mention 64% from the line, while KD just hit something like 28 straight free throws. Meaning you can once again either back off Lebron and give him the shot or put him on the line.

So while Lebrons overall stats might look better right now he can't buy a 3 to save his life and he's a liability at the line. I'd like easily take KD any day!
    I don't think Lebron should be given extra credit for resting in the regular season just to turn it up in the playoffs. I wonder what curry or KD would look like in the playoffs if they were able to rest through the regular season .

yep. Despite losing a step, and his shot bailing, LeBron is still more efficient. That matters.

Like I said, they are both shooting the same from 3, so Durant is actually not shooting any better. In these playoffs, LeBron is clearly the superior player.

Really, the ONLY argument that brings them closer is level of competition they have/are facing.

Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    I don't think Lebron should be given extra credit for resting in the regular season just to turn it up in the playoffs. I wonder what curry or KD would look like in the playoffs if they were able to rest through the regular season .
    Idk, let's see them after 1050 games and find out

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    yep. Despite losing a step, and his shot bailing, LeBron is still more efficient. That matters.

Like I said, they are both shooting the same from 3, so Durant is actually not shooting any better. In these playoffs, LeBron is clearly the superior player.

Really, the ONLY argument that brings them closer is level of competition they have/are facing.
    Well if you truly believe Lebron is the better player then the Finals are about to be truly enlightening for you.

Wow no likes kawhi leonard anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    Post game/Defense and he is a better passer

Westy is close in the passing part but he turns the ball over a bit. Also Lebron is doubled way way more than westy and is more unstoppable.... Again the closest to him would be westy though in most areas.
    Westbrook is assist leader. He also finds his big in traffic and sets them up perfect. Hits Durant perfect on those slashes to the rim. James just finds the 3 point shooter.

Westbrook covers more of the floor and explodes on those passing lanes. Westbrook takes risk and the payoffs are the elite offenses getting many turnovers. James has Lowey and DeRozen exploding and taking over the game.

Finally James shys away form the ball in crunch time and gets rattled. Westbrook does the rattling.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Wow no likes kawhi leonard anymore
    He's just not in this discussion in my opinion. Hell of a player and great defender. Basically the opposite of Curry, great defender, questionable offense at times. His offense is definitely improving though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    Westbrook is assist leader. He also finds his big in traffic and sets them up perfect. Hits Durant perfect on those slashes to the rim. James just finds the 3 point shooter.

Westbrook covers more of the floor and explodes on those passing lanes. Westbrook takes risk and the payoffs are the elite offenses getting many turnovers. James has Lowey and DeRozen exploding and taking over the game.

Finally James shys away form the ball in crunch time and gets rattled. Westbrook does the rattling.
    Westbrook was good late game last night but for the whole season he was probably the worst superstar in late game situations.

Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast