• Dwight Howard

0 0%
  • Karl Anthony Towns

0 0%
  • Other - Please Specify

1 2.86%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

14th Best Player in the NBA

Here we go, kicking off #14. Remember, this is based on RIGHT NOW, not necessarily who was the best this past season, or who will be the best. It's a tricky debate, how much do you factor in the playoffs? Injuries? Team-fit? Etc. Here's what we have so far:

1. Lebron James
    2. Stephen Curry
    3. Kevin Durant
    4. Russell Westbrook
    5. Kawhi Leonard
    6. Chris Paul
    7. Anthony Davis
    8. Paul George
    9. James Harden
    10. Draymond Green
    11. DeMarcus Cousins
    12. Blake Griffin
    13. Jimmy Butler
    14. ????

KAT had a wonderful year, and he'll be coming up soon. But I'm taking Splash bro # 2 on this.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Love towns. I think he'll be a sure fire top 10 player in the nba.

But at this point in time, after only 1 season, I can't put him in the top 20. I think he WILL be in the 11-20 range next season, but today and this offseason is not next season yet.

Lilliard should go next.

Marc Gasol, before last year, was 18th or so for me. But he was out most of the season and when he was out there, he wasn't as good as usual. I wouldn't put him in the top 25.

Not high on Klay Thompson. Reminds me of Allan Houston. A damn good player but not really great

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by latinofire21 View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree. I don't think the metrics people are coming up with to analyze the sport is of any greater value the. What scouts have done in previous years scouting talent.

What you are all overlooking is the argument is playing the sport in a competitive atmosphere vs a fan just watching. Anyone who has played AAU ball at a high level, high school ball at a premiere school, any type of college ball, or overseas ball I will value their opinion more than the keyboard warriors that try to force efficiency metrics down everyone's throat like the be all end all answer of debates. You guys can save the time trying to argue with me about it because I simply don't value all the metrics being made up to determine who's better these days. Don't get the pocket protectors ruffled up. Keep the protractors nice and steady and be sure not to waste your breat arguing with me about "advanced metrics". Nothing advanced about a bored math teacher making up equations to show a players worth versus watching the game.
    You're throwing out some wild assumptions here.

I'm 29 and have played competitive basketball at every level except college and the NBA. I've been in COC leagues in Cleveland, West Park adult basketball league in Cleveland, along with many other competitive play.

It's not something I'm proud of and I never had the talent to be even the worst basketball player in the NBA (I think I could've done college if I didn't screw up so much **** at such a young age). Still, you're 100% wrong with your assumptions, at least in my direction.

Analytics show the true value and impact guys have on the court. It's not wise to rely SOLELY on them but to disregard them completely is nonsense. Basketball players nowadays base their schemes around them (LeBron having one of the strongest BBIQs in the world prefers his guys to take inside shots and 3-point shots, the ones that generate the most efficiency).

Anyone completely disregarding analytics appears to be either willfully ignorant or just downright stupid.

For Petes sake...

I personally think Klays defense is abit overblown, kind of like Kobe's M2M defense back in his hey. Yes they are the best at it but I really dont think its as important as team D and I dont think Klay is on that Iggy platform for me, to the point where you can say it truly distinguishes him on that side of the floor.

Ill take Kyrie before Klay especially since Kyrie is ascending and Klay seems to have plateued and is more than satisfied being a role player with KD in town. Unless Klay has a Reggie Miller like efficiency boost, which I dont see happening, I just cant in good conscious put him up this high.

Its between Lillard and Kyrie here.

BTW, Paul Milsap is as close to a Dray clone as we're going to get, as soon as we're done with the Curry clones, he should be next as well. Around the DMC/Gasol/Klay group

I'm going Klay/Kyrie/Wall/Lillard

I'm a big fan of what Wall does. I mean, the guy averaged 20/10/5. His biggest/only weakness is his efficiency and I'd have him over Kyrie if he didn't crap the bed in his two playoff runs. However, he does everything else so well that I'm surprised people don't rate him higher than they do.

Actually I shouldn't be surprised... seems like most of PSD rates guys solely on TS% and ignore everything else.

Since we are talking about this upcoming season, I am almost wanting to vote Towns. I think he will be that good, that fast. But I am going Lowry here

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Cant wait til we start talking about the 57th best in the league. That will undoubtedly be some high-interest deliberation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    BTW, Paul Milsap is as close to a Dray clone as we're going to get, as soon as we're done with the Curry clones, he should be next as well. Around the DMC/Gasol/Klay group
    you think Milsap is better than Melo?

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    you think Milsap is better than Melo?
    At this point in Melo's career, what is his best position to help a winning team, then a contending team? Isn't it as a PF who can stretch the floor for superior players/slashers? Milsap plays that role to a tee and is a great defender in his prime. Melo has a more varied skillset but hes declined to the point where you dont want him to utilize it all because his efficiency no longer commands such usage. What hes going to be left with is outlet scoring (Which he has historically been elite at) and making an impact defensively (something hes never been elite at).

If Im building a team, its a really hard decision to make. I guess Ill give Melo the veteran star bump and choose him ahead but its strictly because I have a soft spot and believe he can be much better once his teammates catch up to him. At least in a comparison vs Milsap

Point guards need to start getting some love now. I understand the Klay votes (although I went with Lillard) but there are a few floor generals who do some major heavy lifting for winning teams still on that list.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    At this point in Melo's career, what is his best position to help a winning team, then a contending team? Isn't it as a PF who can stretch the floor for superior players/slashers? Milsap plays that role to a tee and is a great defender in his prime. Melo has a more varied skillset but hes declined to the point where you dont want him to utilize it all because his efficiency no longer commands such usage. What hes going to be left with is outlet scoring (Which he has historically been elite at) and making an impact defensively (something hes never been elite at).

If Im building a team, its a really hard decision to make. I guess Ill give Melo the veteran star bump and choose him ahead but its strictly because I have a soft spot and believe he can be much better once his teammates catch up to him. At least in a comparison vs Milsap
    Melo is much more than just a stretch 4... he was the only player in the league to lead his team in PPG/RPG/APG. I think he can still be a #2 guy or even a 1b guy. He'll probably be the leading scorer for NY next year, though if you're a title team ideally you want him as #2.

I know Milsap is a solid all around player, but he also has had the benefit of playing with much better players in a much better system. Is he really a great defender? I never considered him as "great"... just solid/good.

I think we'll see a more efficient Melo next year with the upgrade in talent around him.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    Melo is much more than just a stretch 4... he was the only player in the league to lead his team in PPG/RPG/APG. I think he can still be a #2 guy or even a 1b guy. He'll probably be the leading scorer for NY next year, though if you're a title team ideally you want him as #2.

I know Milsap is a solid all around player, but he also has had the benefit of playing with much better players in a much better system. Is he really a great defender? I never considered him as "great"... just solid/good.

I think we'll see a more efficient Melo next year with the upgrade in talent around him.
    Milisap is criminally underrated. Yes, he is an excellent defender, who thrives guarding the PnR, he rebounds, stretches the floor, and is, at this point, probably better than Melo.

Even though Milisap will be 32 next offseason, he is the target I am hoping my Wolves go after for a 3-4 year deal. He would be ideal in between Towns/Wiggins

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast