Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Malik Hooker announced today that he is entering the draft. That would be my early pick for that #5 spot. Guy is gonna be a stud.
    Yeah, I saw that. I stopped watching him after he said he was going back in November. Need to check him out. That pick he made the other night in the Fiesta Bowl was ridiculous.

Heroes In Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Well, to be honest, I rarely think of WR prospects as can't-miss-on players. I think Williams is a fine prospect, I just don't think he's necessarily a game changer, or someone I'd hate to miss on. I wouldn't go mad if they pick him at #5, if that's the way they decide to go, even though I've said it repeatedly I don't think the need for a #1 WR is as big as most people think. I also like Davis quite a lot, too.
    I'm a huge Williams fan, but I get that. I do think we could find a guy later that would work with Mariota. Look at what he did this year with basically Walker and Matthews. The only thing that worries me is when we play good secondaries. These guys struggled to get separation against them at times, and they aren't guys who win 50/50 balls. From a team building perspective, WR is probably around 3rd or 4th on the list of priorities.

Heroes In Blue

I've read something that the 3rd round pick we're supposed to get from the Rams is moving from the beginning of the round (their original spot) into a comp pick they're getting due to Jenkins. Does anyone else know if that's correct?

Yeah, I remember reading that after the trade. If they ended up getting a comp pick in the 3rd we got that, if not we got their 3rd. It's unfortunate. Something like a 30 pick drop off.

Heroes In Blue

Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    Yeah, I remember reading that after the trade. If they ended up getting a comp pick in the 3rd we got that, if not we got their 3rd. It's unfortunate. Something like a 30 pick drop off.
    Yes, it's a pretty big difference. Honestly, all the more reason to try and trade up using that pick if there's ever an opening we feel good about.

Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    I'm a huge Williams fan, but I get that. I do think we could find a guy later that would work with Mariota. Look at what he did this year with basically Walker and Matthews. The only thing that worries me is when we play good secondaries. These guys struggled to get separation against them at times, and they aren't guys who win 50/50 balls. From a team building perspective, WR is probably around 3rd or 4th on the list of priorities.
    Jon Robinson said that wide receiver and cornerback are the priorities this offseason.

Marcus Mariota

WR and DB are definitely the biggest needs. DB being a far bigger need. What other priorities compete with those? I think finding a #1 WR is not that easy, so I wouldn't be upset if we didn't take one in the first. It will never happen, but I would love for them to draft 2 DBs in the first round, or trade the #5 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityroller View Post
    Jon Robinson said that wide receiver and cornerback are the priorities this offseason.
    WR is one of the top priorities for sure, but I think I'd rather add two playmakers on defense. Fumble recoveries have a randomness to them, but we can't go another season with our first first fumble recovery occurring at Week 14. Or our first defensive touchdown in Week 17. I can't fault them for going with a WR in the first, it clearly needs to be addressed, it's just not what I'd do at this point. Free agency could change that.

Heroes In Blue

Corey Davis at 5 wouldn't upset me at all. I think he's the real deal guys. He'll be shooting up draft boards as we get closer. If we happened to get a D guy at 5 and were lucky enough to get him at 18 (no chance though IMO) I think we'd be very well off.

JK...I want Mike Williams ha. He was a beast tonight.

Heroes In Blue

4.22 for Ross is just crazy. I think at this point, someone will definitely overdraft him. I kind of hope it's not going to be us at 18. He's got talent, but should definitely improve in different areas. Ideally, if we're serious about drafting a WR in the 1st, I would want him gone before our pick, and hope that it causes Davis to fall to us. Who, for what it's worth, mentioned that he talked to the Titans about our running game philosophy, claiming that he loves to block.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    4.22 for Ross is just crazy. I think at this point, someone will definitely overdraft him. I kind of hope it's not going to be us at 18. He's got talent, but should definitely improve in different areas. Ideally, if we're serious about drafting a WR in the 1st, I would want him gone before our pick, and hope that it causes Davis to fall to us. Who, for what it's worth, mentioned that he talked to the Titans about our running game philosophy, claiming that he loves to block.
    I dont think we will be going WR in Round i just have that gut feeling that we will be going hard after Alshon Jeffrey in FA and take Adams/Hooker and best TE/CB available at 18

Titans 2018 Draft Class

22. Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
    41. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
    152. Dane Cruikshank, S, Arizona
    199. Luke Falk, QB, Washington State

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234