Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2017 Draft Prospect Stock Watch

With the Titans owning 2 1st Round Draft picks in next years draft class who are some of your targets for next year? Also where do you think both of the picks will be in the Draft Order?

For me Id look at WRs Juju Shuster-Smith, USC and Mike Williams, Clemson, DE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M and Derek Barnett, CBs Jalon Tabor, Florida and Adoree Jackson, USC

Titans 2018 Draft Class

22. Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
    41. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
    152. Dane Cruikshank, S, Arizona
    199. Luke Falk, QB, Washington State

Only titans fans start talking about next off season during this off season. lol. Assuming that our picks this year live up to the expectations. We will need pass rushing, a WR, and probably a CB. In theory we should be good every where else (although I know that wont be the case).

1. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama. He was a situational pass rusher last year, and he ruined the offense during the spring game. I expect him to be the best pass rusher in the draft.

2. Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama. Another possible star this year for Alabama, but not as much upside as Williams.

Should we also start talking about possible Coaches?

Also I expect both picks to be in the Teens. Maybe something like a 12 and a 18. I would be surprised if we don't trade one or both. Maybe our 2 first to move into the top 10, and pick up a third or 4th.

Quote Originally Posted by cgreenhill View Post
    Only titans fans start talking about next off season during this off season. lol. Assuming that our picks this year live up to the expectations. We will need pass rushing, a WR, and probably a CB. In theory we should be good every where else (although I know that wont be the case).

1. Tim Williams, OLB, Alabama. He was a situational pass rusher last year, and he ruined the offense during the spring game. I expect him to be the best pass rusher in the draft.

2. Ryan Anderson, OLB, Alabama. Another possible star this year for Alabama, but not as much upside as Williams.

Its never too early to be looking at the next crop of players

Titans 2018 Draft Class

22. Rashaan Evans, ILB, Alabama
    41. Harold Landry, OLB, Boston College
    152. Dane Cruikshank, S, Arizona
    199. Luke Falk, QB, Washington State

Quote Originally Posted by cgreenhill View Post

As long as they coach at Alabama, right?

Heroes In Blue

Every year there is a WR named Mike Williams its weird. Honestly It depends were we pick and if anyone from this years class pans out but I would prefer defense this go around but I am guessing another OL or trading up for the best CB available.
    Psalms 118:6 - The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

#SAVEDTHECREW
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tabor is the guy I've liked for a while. It was very telling that Treadwell said during his combine interview that he was the best one that he played against.

Heroes In Blue

Hopefully Dodd shows some promise his rookie year, and with both Orakpo and Morgan still under contract, there wouldn't be much of a need for a pass rusher. Hopefully DGB steps up big time and WR won't be as high of a need either. Maybe we even keep Wright.

CB/ILB/G/#2 WR and maybe TE would be best case scenario for needs. We have DL depth with guys that will eventually need to step up, have Dodd, like I said, behind our starters, Henry behind Murray, two tackles that hopefully will step up into established starters. Hopefully even if we look at top 5 talents again, it won't be with our own designated pick.

Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    Tabor is the guy I've liked for a while. It was very telling that Treadwell said during his combine interview that he was the best one that he played against.
    Same for me. Even watching the Citrus Bowl, he looked like a far better player than Hargreaves.

Quote Originally Posted by myestro4life View Post
    Same for me. Even watching the Citrus Bowl, he looked like a far better player than Hargreaves.
    Not a Gators fan, but really I love Jarrad Davis too. Both Tennessee and Florida have a lot of guys I like.

Heroes In Blue

Depending on where we pick, and whether or not he declares (I hope he doesn't), I'd love to see Jabrill Peppers in the two-tone blue.

Quote Originally Posted by scarylarry23 View Post
    As long as they coach at Alabama, right?
    I am a bigger Bama fan, than Titans fan, so I hope that Saban stays where he is. lol

Thought this might be worth a revival. At this point in the season, I think secondary has clearly turned into the major weakness. So to those that keep an eye on college football, who might be worth watching?

I haven't watched enough yet, but I love me some Jamal Adams of what I've seen. I've read nothing but good things and saw some film that looks promising of Hooker, and he's a Buckeye, so that should be a plus with LeBeau, right? I don't really know who are the top prospects at CB and if they might be targeting high or not, but as far as Adams and Hooker go, I think by year's end they might establish themselves both as top 25 picks.

Also, I think ILB might be worth considering. Williamson hasn't taken that next step and if I'm being honest at times he looks like has regressed. All I know at the position is Cunningham from Vanderbilt, who I understand has gotten hot lately, has pretty good size and shows some good stuff both in coverage and against the run. Who else is there?

^^
    At ILB, Cunningham is a good one. I've only gotten to see a little bit of him, but it was enjoyable. Ruben Foster; Alabama, Raekwon McMillan; Ohio State, Anthony Walker; Northwestern, and Jarrad Davis; Florida seem to be the best ones out there. Personally I love Davis, he flies around, but I think he's had health issues this season. I hate saying that I like Foster but I do. He is someone that I wouldn't hate taking, if it's with a selection in the 10-20 range. If we were to trade down and get a second, Davis would be the guy I would want. At this point, Cunningham and Foster are the only two I'd take in the first.

At CB, the Florida boys, Quincy Wilson and Jalen Tabor, are my favorites (I'm not a Florida fan at all if I come off as such). I think Tabor would be my preference, but with his off the field "issues" I don't see Robinson taking him. I like Wilson's length. If he leaves early, I'll be interested to see what he runs. Then you got guys like Desmond King; Iowa, Marlon Humphrey; Alabama, Tre'Davious White; LSU, Cordrea Tankersley; Clemson, Sidney Jones; Washington, Cam Sutton; Tennessee, Marshon Lattimore; Ohio State, Adoree Jackson; USC, and Jourdan Lewis. I feel like I'm leaving someone out, but I think CB might be the deepest position in the draft. The guy that I have always loved, but just wished he were a bit taller is King. He is someone that I could see Robinson falling in love with. Also something to think about, a lot of these guys can return kicks. That would be some added value for a team like ours that desperately needs it. Mariani is about as unexplosive as it gets. They need someone that can bring some big plays to the kick game.

I have been all for using a first rounder on a WR, but these past few weeks have changed my mind. If they can find another Rishard Matthews type free agent or keep Wright and then use a 3rd on a speedy WR (Curtis Samuel, Isaiah Ford), I think we could get away with it. This defense needs playmakers that will turn the ball over desperately. The fact that we're 4-5 with the untimely/costly mistakes by Mariota and the lack of turnovers our defense is getting, it's pretty amazing. I hope they go ILB and CB with the first two picks. It seems there could be players that will fit the value of where our picks will be. Now if the Rams end up not winning another game the rest of the season, it's a different story.
    Last edited by scarylarry23; 11-07-2016 at 06:59 PM.

Heroes In Blue

I'm a Michigan fan, so I might be a little biased, but I love Jourdan Lewis. And Jabrill Peppers, of course, since he can do many different things.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast