Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016

Keep doubting us.... Belgium 2nd ranked in the World.... not after that. Their defense is pretty crappy. Yeah they got Hazard and a good attack. But stop them with defense and then counter...
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

Russia has been fined and been given a suspended disqualification for the Euros. If their fans act up again inside stadiums, the team will be thrown out of the tournament.

http://www.espnfc.us/european-champi...-2016-violence

Iceland draws with Portugal. WOW. But that's Portugal. The perennial underachievers in world soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Iceland draws with Portugal. WOW. But that's Portugal. The perennial underachievers in world soccer.
    Tell me about it, what a lousy team that made the final in 2004 losing to an undefeated Greece, the quarters in 2008 losing to Germany who was also a finalist, and the semis in 2012 losing to Spain (on penalty shots) who won the tournament. All this while being one of the smallest nations in Europe.

But I have to agree on one thing, they should've have won one of those. Perennial overachievers is probably a better description.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIUMPHATOR View Post
    Tell me about it, what a lousy team that made the final in 2004 losing to an undefeated Greece, the quarters in 2008 losing to Germany who was also a finalist, and the semis in 2012 losing to Spain (on penalty shots) who won the tournament. All this while being one of the smallest nations in Europe.

But I have to agree on one thing, they should've have won one of those. Perennial overachievers is probably a better description.
    My description was regarding the Ronaldo led Portugal team.

Yes, they reached the quarters as expected in 2008, but didn't go further than that, though as you noted, did play a very good team, were ousted in the Round of 16 in the 2010 World Cup after facing the eventual champion, and they didn't even make it out of the group stage in the last World Cup.

That may have been a bit harsh, but it just seems a team that is always ranked in the top 5 or 10 in the world and expected to go far in every major tournament, having arguably the best player in the world, can't make a final or win it.

Any real Portuguese fan would tell you that the last WC team was both in disarray, injured, and lacking talent.

I expect Germany to win this Euro, and expect portugal to make it to the quarters or semi's. Like you said, they are a perennial top 5-10 team and that's where they will be at the end of this tournament.

Next wave of talent is intriguing though albeit unproven on the big stage.

I think we need to see how the round of 16 will be formed before saying X team will reach a Y level.

Any real Portuguese fan would tell you that the last WC team was both in disarray, injured, and lacking talent.

I expect Germany to win this Euro, and expect portugal to make it to the quarters or semi's. Like you said, they are a perennial top 5-10 team and that's where they will be at the end of this tournament.

Next wave of talent is intriguing though albeit unproven on the big stage.
    Even with that, they still should've gotten by the US. Hell, I didn't expect us to come away with any points in that match.

I really want to see how Renato Sanches does in this tournament.

This dude really just tripped when he had a clear shot in the box, for Poland, smh and then Ozil almost makes them pay
    Seattle Seahawks- New Orleans Pelicans- Atlanta Braves- Anaheim Ducks

Interesting day with England beating Wales. Sets up a pretty interesting match with Russia for Wales.

And Poland playing great again the man shaft

I was really hoping Wales was going to pull it off.

We've had quite a few matches decided late- France twice, England, Wales, Spain.

I really like the Wales away jersey, but I can't find it anywhere except the UK stores.

Interesting day with England beating Wales. Sets up a pretty interesting match with Russia for Wales.

And Poland playing great again the man shaft
    It really would've made it interesting if they drew. All four teams would've had a spot to play for on the last match day.

Bias kicking in for me.

I want Russia out after all the BS. England too for that matter. My worry is that those morons will start up again especially if they are losing or tying

Croatia-Czech turns out to be a nice game.

Croatian fans must be kicking themselves for throwing flares.

May or may not have affected the outcome, but Croatia sure looked down after that display.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast