Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lakers #2 pick for Okafor?! Ftw?

Been hearing some chatter of the Lakers trading away the #2 for Okafor from the Sixers. I know he put up some good numbers this rookie season but I'm not sure I'd do this trade if I were the lakers. I think simmons and Ingram have a bigger upside than Okafor. What u guys think?

2. 05-20-2016, 12:45 AM
    Reason
    Baiting - Rush

3. 05-20-2016, 12:49 AM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - Rush

Lakers #2 pick for Okafor?! Ftw?

Okafor and Randell are like twins...good post game and rebounder but slow footed and bad defender.

Lakers knows this so where are these chatters coming from?

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

5. 05-20-2016, 02:05 AM
    Reason
    Not necessary - Rush

6. 05-20-2016, 02:09 AM
    Reason
    Insults are not necessary - Rush

7. 05-20-2016, 02:20 AM
    Reason
    Response to a deleted post - Rush

Please make sure you cite reputable source when making threads like this. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by eDush View Post
    Okafor and Randell are like twins...good post game and rebounder but slow footed and bad defender.

Lakers knows this so where are these chatters coming from?
    Randle doesn't have a good post game, okafor isn't a good rebounder, Randle isn't slow footed, both bad defenders though lol. They don't have the same games at all, but they don't compliment each other's games in the slightest...
    Anyways, this isn't even a real rumor, I think OP is baiting. I would throw up if they traded the number 2 for okafor

Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Randle doesn't have a good post game, okafor isn't a good rebounder, Randle isn't slow footed, both bad defenders though lol. They don't have the same games at all, but they don't compliment each other's games in the slightest...
    Anyways, this isn't even a real rumor, I think OP is baiting. I would throw up if they traded the number 2 for okafor
    Yeah the OP source is bs.

The writer said the Sixers should consider packaging the #1 pick AND Okafor for a seasoned vet like Jeff Teague. No joke, Jeff Teague.

The Lakers would be silly to do this, both Simmons and Ingram have more potential than Oak. If they were to trade the #2 pick it would be for a bonafide star.

I see the Sixers moving Oak to Boston for #3 and Avery Bradley. That was the deal that fell apart at the deadline and it makes complete sense now that the draft order is set.

This way the Celts get a young big prospect to build around while the Sixer's can get a couple guards to add to their frontcourt heavy roster.

Since Ben Simmons would be handling the rock a lot from the SF or PF position it makes sense to draft an off ball guard combo guard who can shoot like Murray at #3.

Jamal Murray/ T.J Mcconell/ #24 pick?
    Avery Bradley/ Robert Covington/ Nik Stauskus
    Ben Simmons/ Jerami Grant/ #26 pick?
    Dario Saric/ Richaun Holmes
    Nerlens Noel/ Joel Embiid

To get that 2nd pick as well I think id offer Oka and our 2 late first rounders or OKA and the lakers unprotected pick back..... I think we are over paying because I think OKA has a ton of ****ing value but if it gets us both ingram/simmons **** it lol.... I am also ok with trading OKA to boston because I have a feeling the moronic front office of the lakers will select someone like Dunn/Bender and pass on Ingram if we take simmons and I dont want to see Simmons in a celtics uniform lol

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Clarkson, Randle and Okafor would give us the worst D in NBA history. If I had to trade the #2, I'd prefer Noel. Really like him.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    Clarkson, Randle and Okafor would give us the worst D in NBA history. If I had to trade the #2, I'd prefer Noel. Really like him.
    No offense man I just dont trust your front office right now.... I am just so worried you guys are gonna ****ing pass on ingram and take dunn and ingram will go to the celtics.

No reason to trade the pick lol... Just take ingram or simmons

Aust is offline BUTLER!!!! / DOWN 25!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    No offense man I just dont trust your front office right now.... I am just so worried you guys are gonna ****ing pass on ingram and take dunn and ingram will go to the celtics.

I know, I'm a little scared too that we might do something stupid.

Thankfully Kupchak went on the radio and basically made it sound like trading the pick was unlikely, but he also apparently mentioned this:
    In a draft that is considered by most to have two clear top talents (although Kupchak himself said he wasn't sure the gap between two and three was as large as most think), the second overall pick is a great spot to be.
    (2/1/2015) (2/5/2017) (2/3/2019)

HOLY ****

[Click here to register at ProSportsDaily]

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post

No way that happens. Lakeshow will take Ingram. I've seen they are considering trading the pick for a star like Cousins or Butler but I think they're better off taking Ingram and growing that core of DLo, Clarkson, Ingram, and Randle. That team won't be in the playoffs but it's a process, this is what tanking *cough* I mean "rebuilding" is all about.

Patience my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by SeoulBeatz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jerellh528 View Post
    Yeah the OP source is bs.

The writer said the Sixers should consider packaging the #1 pick AND Okafor for a seasoned vet like Jeff Teague. No joke, Jeff Teague.

The Lakers would be silly to do this, both Simmons and Ingram have more potential than Oak. If they were to trade the #2 pick it would be for a bonafide star.

I see the Sixers moving Oak to Boston for #3 and Avery Bradley. That was the deal that fell apart at the deadline and it makes complete sense now that the draft order is set.

This way the Celts get a young big prospect to build around while the Sixer's can get a couple guards to add to their frontcourt heavy roster.

Since Ben Simmons would be handling the rock a lot from the SF or PF position it makes sense to draft an off ball guard combo guard who can shoot like Murray at #3.

Jamal Murray/ T.J Mcconell/ #24 pick?
    Avery Bradley/ Robert Covington/ Nik Stauskus
    Ben Simmons/ Jerami Grant/ #26 pick?
    Dario Saric/ Richaun Holmes
    Nerlens Noel/ Joel Embiid
    That's why my first post ask if the Lakers really wanted Okafor, why didn't they draft him last season instead of D'Angelo which was deleted while the op post wasn't deleted by not providing any source from so called chatter whatsoever other then asking an obvious bait question. Can you imagine if we have tons of dumb threads like this. He should of started this as in his opinion and I wouldn't have bothered to respond

Click photo to see what we do best as defending champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Aust View Post
    I like him a lot as well. A good number of people watch his offense and talk about him being overrated. He has consistent DPOY potential.

For the record I don't believe the below will happen, I'm just following the conversation and creating a what if that isn't impossible.

With that said if the Lakers would trade the 2nd pick for Noel and the rights to the Lakers pick then I'd be ok with that. But I'd also want it to be contingent upon us trading Okafor to either Boston for 3 and ?, and see if we can use Saric to get pick 4 (no sure what that deal would look like.

Our starting 5 would be:

Dunn, Murray, Ingram, Simmons, and one of Zimmerman, Diallo, Stone, Jones, Ellenson, Deyonta Davis if you can figure that out (Emibiid if healthy, but if minutes are limited or he has a setback)

Would rather Ingram.

Here's the best source to the news that I could find:
    http://en.yibada.com/articles/124668...p-2nd-pick.htm

And yibada is a joke. So file under false rumor for now.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyFaninLA View Post
    I like him a lot as well. A good number of people watch his offense and talk about him being overrated. He has consistent DPOY potential.

For the record I don't believe the below will happen, I'm just following the conversation and creating a what if that isn't impossible.

With that said if the Lakers would trade the 2nd pick for Noel and the rights to the Lakers pick then I'd be ok with that. But I'd also want it to be contingent upon us trading Okafor to either Boston for 3 and ?, and see if we can use Saric to get pick 4 (no sure what that deal would look like.

Our starting 5 would be:

Dunn, Murray, Ingram, Simmons, and one of Zimmerman, Diallo, Stone, Jones, Ellenson, Deyonta Davis if you can figure that out (Emibiid if healthy, but if minutes are limited or he has a setback)
    Yeah I REALLY want that trade to happen. I'm a big fan of Murray's game. We'll desperately need floor spacing with Noel and Simmons (Saric and Embiid are capable out to 3 point range but we have NO consistent shooter's currently on the roster).

And yeah, I don't think the Laker's would give up the #2 alone for Noel, Ingram has a higher ceiling.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast