Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 146
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,891
    Josh Yohe
    ✔ ‎@JoshYohe_PGH

    Jim Rutherford thanked Craig Patrick and Ray Shero for their contributions after the game. That's class. Pure class.

    1:44 AM - 13 Jun 2016

    Things like this make my view on rutherord better.

    I have nothing against Lovejoy just think we lost the trade same goes for neal trade we should of gotten more.

    Rutherford drank his smart water for sure this year or got a leprechaun every trade he made worked out like gold.

    The best trade Rutherford ever made for the pens was the Staal trade.


    I hope Matt Cullen comes back ? great 4th line center. agree 100%

    I would like to see Schultz comeback as a 5th 6th pairing he fits Sullivan style. love him back depending on price

    I know you hate Lovejoy maybe he comes back as a 5th 6th d man? Probably played his way out of Pittsburgh with playoff performance. salary cap wise

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster16301 View Post
    Evgeni Malkin is going nowhere end of story, Fleury on the other hand is most definitely hopefully there are a handful of teams desperate for him which will drive up the asking price.

    I have heard from a couple reliable sources that Malkin and Penquins management have had the conversation and Malkin WANTS out....both parties feel it is time and he has given them a pre-approved list...of 3 teams for sure Chicago, Minnesota and the Los Angeles Kings.....


    i live in la would love him here Kings dont have much to give that aren't named Kopitar and Doughty

    Minnesota has some really solid young pieces including defense man and forwards

    Scandella
    Brodin
    Spurgoen
    take one of these defenseman


    forwards Nino Neideriider 23 20 goals good skater fits sullivans system
    and they have this kid Nick Schultz 21 young can fly good skill level


    Blackhawks a no...they dont need any help....

    thoughts Malkin is going and its Mutual from what i understand..... he got his second cip and ring and he wants to still be the man and that's not happening in Pittsburgh.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    I just heard from a couple sources that malkin and the Penguins have had the conversation a while back that HE WANts out...... its mutual and he has given the Penguins a list of three or 4 teams LA Kings, Chicago, Minnesota where he would accept a trade.

    Both parties feel its time he got his second cup and ring and he wants to be the man.....still


    Minnesota has some really nice pieces....forget Chicago KINgs they have enough talent and living here in LA outside of Kopitar and Doughty who are going nowhere they have nothing for us.

    Minnesots has 4 really good young defense man Brodin Scandella Dumba spurgeon (one of these guys) im hearing brodin


    Nino Neiderider 20 goals 23 years old fast smooth skater
    add Nick Schultz a young fast skater like a Brian Rust


    guess we will see.....It is time and Malkin himself wants out...

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,891
    what are the sources of malkin wanting out?

    The only problem with those teams is the salary cap.

    Kings would have to loose brown or gaborik. they have little room under cap and so do we that would make a trade very hard.

    Minnesota is already very top heavy with cap. Wont move sutter or paraise. They do have some nice pieces though.

    The Hawks are already in cap hell with toews and kane.

    The biggest reason to move Malkin would be over payment of young talent and cap room.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,891
    A malkin trade would involve. (at least value wise)

    -young top 4 d man

    -a nhl ready wing or center

    -picks and prospects.

    Like to the Calgary Flames:

    Sean Monahan, T.J. Brodie, Karri Ramo, Joe Colborne, Tyler Wotherspoon, and a pick. for Malkin Kunitz and Fleury.

    Keep in mind this is pending on salary cap and no movement clauses being waived and just a quick guess on players.
    Last edited by t2a2e9j12; 06-13-2016 at 04:11 PM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    16,917
    Malkin is not going to be traded nor does he want out. Any "sources" saying Malkin wants out hours after he just won his second cup are beyond stupid. It's not happening.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by nickster16301 View Post
    LOL he turned this franchise from a fringe playoff team to a team that just needs to win 1 out of three games to win it all. You deserve all the flack you get cause you still mock him with every post you make which makes you look as dumb as you think he is.



    Hey Nickster...heard from a couple reliable sources..one a buddy thats in the Pens organization tha Malkin WANTS OUT and he has given the Penguins three teams he would go to in a trade... Chicago (hell no there too good) Los Angeles Kings I live out here they are my second favorite team and if the name isnt... Kopitar or Doughty they have nothing we need Minnesota is the other name malkin provided.

    they have four young taleented defense man Brodin Dumba Scandella Spourgeon (take one)

    add 23 year old LW/C Nino Neiderieder 20 goals fast, quick, physical good skater perfect for Sullivan's system

    add this 21 year old kid Nick Schultz also fast budding player with skill winger

    To Pittsburgh
    Brodin
    Neiderider
    Schultz

    To Minnesota
    Evgeni Malkin

    don't want him here in l.a. (my seconf fav team)
    certainly don't want him with Kane and Toews in Chicago

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Malkin is not going to be traded nor does he want out. Any "sources" saying Malkin wants out hours after he just won his second cup are beyond stupid. It's not happening.


    This conversation happened a while back and Malkin does indeed want out..you'll see

    Both parties have agreed and that the time was right after the playoffs.. Malkin has his second cup and second ring and he still wants to be the man and that's not happening in Pittsburgh.

    their is a bit of friction between he and Crosby and there is friction between malkin and Sullivan. There is a reason why he is on the third line with Rust and Kunitz yes for balance but he is too much of an east west player for Sullivans north south system.

    He submitted three teams LA Chicago Minnesota that he would accept a trade to...

    time will tell look we have traded Jagr, Stahl. Malkins (especially if he wants out) is not untouchable...

    he would bring back a good haul of players.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    I agree with your assessment of what would be expected for Malkin....


    He is a great player but it is time for him at 29 while we can get good talent for him...he will not age well and at $9.5 million.....for 5 6 more years...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    16,917
    Quote Originally Posted by pittleather View Post
    This conversation happened a while back and Malkin does indeed want out..you'll see

    Both parties have agreed and that the time was right after the playoffs.. Malkin has his second cup and second ring and he still wants to be the man and that's not happening in Pittsburgh.

    their is a bit of friction between he and Crosby and there is friction between malkin and Sullivan. There is a reason why he is on the third line with Rust and Kunitz yes for balance but he is too much of an east west player for Sullivans north south system.

    He submitted three teams LA Chicago Minnesota that he would accept a trade to...

    time will tell look we have traded Jagr, Stahl. Malkins (especially if he wants out) is not untouchable...

    he would bring back a good haul of players.
    Cite your sources then. If any of this is even remotely true then even a few major news sources would be talking about this non stop. Even a small rumor about Malkin wanting out would generate a frenzy of reports. Not a single report has ever been leaked Malkin wanting out. So if this is true, claim your source. If not, quit making up fake rumors.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Cite your sources then. If any of this is even remotely true then even a few major news sources would be talking about this non stop. Even a small rumor about Malkin wanting out would generate a frenzy of reports. Not a single report has ever been leaked Malkin wanting out. So if this is true, claim your source. If not, quit making up fake rumors.

    As I said i have a friend in Pittsburgh (where I grew up) that works in the organization and is around the team almost daily...not giving up their name he has a good job there so.to some random fan i don't know cmon now.......

    believe or not don't really care...I wouldn't just throw something out there if there wasn't some buzz fire and truth.

    Just watched the game again on tape Malkin did play extremely well so this would be a tough decision...My only problem with geno is hes moody streaky and not always engaged someone making $9.5 million should be engaged consistently....

    We Don't need to trade him...he can be a force...we would get a good return for him....save a lot of money on the cap.....but the team for a long period of time did well without him... like almost 30 games so.... we will see


    Fluery is the other ? mark how do they rotate both those terrific goalies next year... good problem to have i guess we need to shed salary Fluery is the likely guy ?


    i though Chris Kunitz was outstanding hitting, diving, breaking up plays shot blocking, solid force and he fits on the third line...

    we get trevor daley for one more year so our top 4 d are set Letang who was a beast wow he now belong up there with Duncan Keith Shea Weber Drew Doughty types

    Our top 4 Letang Dumolin (how god has he become) Oli Matta (improved) Trevor Daley unless they make a trade...draft is in 11 days and the expansion rules are coming not sure of those

    WAY TO GO PITTSBURGH PENGUINS 2016 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS SULLIVAN AND RUTHERFORD WELL DONE

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,982
    I thought kessel and sheary were great spark plugs. Kessel scoring and sheary just flying around creating havoc

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oil City
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by pittleather View Post
    This conversation happened a while back and Malkin does indeed want out..you'll see

    Both parties have agreed and that the time was right after the playoffs.. Malkin has his second cup and second ring and he still wants to be the man and that's not happening in Pittsburgh.

    their is a bit of friction between he and Crosby and there is friction between malkin and Sullivan. There is a reason why he is on the third line with Rust and Kunitz yes for balance but he is too much of an east west player for Sullivans north south system.

    He submitted three teams LA Chicago Minnesota that he would accept a trade to...

    time will tell look we have traded Jagr, Stahl. Malkins (especially if he wants out) is not untouchable...

    he would bring back a good haul of players.
    If he wants to be "the guy" why would he want to go to Chicago or LA? They both have championships and already have "their guys" he wouldn't be getting much credit if he went there. That story you made up would have been better if you said Buffalo or even Florida for that matter cause if he won there then he would without a doubt be "the guy". He's talking about his newborn being a Pittsburgher so that doesn't sound like someone who is desperate to get out.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oil City
    Posts
    895
    Another reason to is if he desperately wants out he would have never of signed a long-term deal to remain a Penguin. He could've waited a year and signed with anyone he wanted. Trust me its not happening on his end and the pens aren't doing the xbox general manager approach and trading superstars for picks/young players. You have something proven and breaking it up regardless of the players you get back does not guarantee you success.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oil City
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    Josh Yohe
    ✔ ‎@JoshYohe_PGH

    Jim Rutherford thanked Craig Patrick and Ray Shero for their contributions after the game. That's class. Pure class.

    1:44 AM - 13 Jun 2016

    Things like this make my view on rutherord better.

    I have nothing against Lovejoy just think we lost the trade same goes for neal trade we should of gotten more.

    Rutherford drank his smart water for sure this year or got a leprechaun every trade he made worked out like gold.

    The best trade Rutherford ever made for the pens was the Staal trade.


    I hope Matt Cullen comes back ? great 4th line center. agree 100%

    I would like to see Schultz comeback as a 5th 6th pairing he fits Sullivan style. love him back depending on price

    I know you hate Lovejoy maybe he comes back as a 5th 6th d man? Probably played his way out of Pittsburgh with playoff performance. salary cap wise
    You just dig yourself in a deeper deeper hole justifying yourself on Rutherford. Atleast you got rid of the picture you have mocking him because it did not make you look good at all. In what ways have we lost those trades??? I don't know about you but I want someone to build my teams to win cups and not win the regular season stat sheet, that's what got Shero fired for doing. Rutherford maybe wasn't 100 % the reason but he sure had a huge part in turning this around.
    Last edited by nickster16301; 06-14-2016 at 03:04 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •