Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 146
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Home and college dorm
    Posts
    758

    Pittsburgh Penguins Future offseason

    I know we still have a shot at this cup, but thus far I am impressed at the progress we made compared to last season.


    I believe this offseason we take a good hard look at trading some of our previous untouchables and we build around our second line, Crosby, Letang and Daley and our younger prospects.

    I think players who may be moved or may be movable this off-season so far from our playoff performances are:



    Patric Hornqvist(Money saved 4,250,000)- is a good player, but I believe our coach is looking for players who are fast and can score for our team. Hornqvist is a hardworker and may be a great trade chip.


    Chris Kunitz (Money saved 3,850,000)- rumor has it we were trying to move him during this past trade deadline to free up salary cap space. I believe this offseason he can be packaged in a deal or maybe a similar trade can be made like the one for daley.


    Marc-Andre Fleury (Money saved 5,750,000)- has been the first name which comes to mind when asked who if anyone do you think Pens could move this offseason.


    Olli Maatta (Money saved 4,083,000)- he is great young player and can be a huge trade chip with great value. I believe Penguins are looking to get quicker and build a fast team, and much like Hornqvist I believe Penguins sign and trade for speed this offseason to complete this team.


    Evgeni Malkin (Money saved 9,500,000)- I know many will be surprised with many names listed and even this name. I believe this might be the offseason that if we do not win the cup or make it to the big dance, management may ask for a shakeup. I think it would be a talent for talent trade with a huge payment and cap space coming back to the Penguins which could make us a better team.


    RECAP: Good players traded prospects and good players possibly as a return and a huge amount of cap space brought back (roughly 27,433,000).


    So many may ask who could we get?


    Free Agents:


    Steven Stamkos - With the addition of all the cap space we could be a player at Stamkos which I brought up in the past. Who wouldn't be happy with Stamkos and the players, prospects, and picks from the Malkin trade as Malkin's replacement?

    Michael Grabner - Fans would love to see Grabner pull a Hagelin and use his speed and be a Penguins success. My #1 wanted signing.


    Mikkel Boedker- Would be a great addition with his speed and was scouted by Penguins during this trade deadline. He also has a great shot and would thrive in Sullivan's system.

    Sam Gagner- He could be a great player who could use his speed in Sullivan's system and would be a great bench player. He plays in streaks and would be a great center wing combination player would could also fill in in the top lines if someone got injured.

    Andrew Ladd- Much like Stamkos with Malkin Ladd could fill in Hornqvist or Kunitz spot and we would even get the addition from that players trade. His speed, physicality, and shot would be a great addition to our team.


    Chris Kreider- Rumor has it in NY Kreider may be a cap casualty as a restricted free agent and they may let him walk. I hope if the rumors are true Penguins make a huge push for his services could you imagine him on a line with Sid feeding him the puck? It would almost be unfair.


    Tyson Barre- Was rumored multiple times to be available for trade. If Matta is out of favor why not try to acquire Barre who may be a better fit?

    Kevin Shattenkirk- Much like Barre, his name was heard multiple times in trade rumors. If we are trading away players we would also in theory be adding value assets in return. A trade for Shattenkirk could solidify our defense quite well. With many new contracts to be handed out in St. Louis maybe we would have a shot at acquiring the defenseman.



    Matt Duchene, Taylor Hall, and Nail Yakupov are also trade options in which we may look at if we were to trade some of the names above and looked to replace them.



    This tread is to spark some talk in the forum and let your minds run wild and how we could build an even more dangerous team with our GM and new Head coach especially if they work together.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Home and college dorm
    Posts
    758
    Let me know what everyone thinks and who you wanna see traded or who you wanna see signed this offseason

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    I know we still have a shot at this cup, but thus far I am impressed at the progress we made compared to last season.


    I believe this offseason we take a good hard look at trading some of our previous untouchables and we build around our second line, Crosby, Letang and Daley and our younger prospects.

    I think players who may be moved or may be movable this off-season so far from our playoff performances are:



    Patric Hornqvist(Money saved 4,250,000)- is a good player, but I believe our coach is looking for players who are fast and can score for our team. Hornqvist is a hardworker and may be a great trade chip.


    Chris Kunitz (Money saved 3,850,000)- rumor has it we were trying to move him during this past trade deadline to free up salary cap space. I believe this offseason he can be packaged in a deal or maybe a similar trade can be made like the one for daley.


    Marc-Andre Fleury (Money saved 5,750,000)- has been the first name which comes to mind when asked who if anyone do you think Pens could move this offseason.


    Olli Maatta (Money saved 4,083,000)- he is great young player and can be a huge trade chip with great value. I believe Penguins are looking to get quicker and build a fast team, and much like Hornqvist I believe Penguins sign and trade for speed this offseason to complete this team.


    Evgeni Malkin (Money saved 9,500,000)- I know many will be surprised with many names listed and even this name. I believe this might be the offseason that if we do not win the cup or make it to the big dance, management may ask for a shakeup. I think it would be a talent for talent trade with a huge payment and cap space coming back to the Penguins which could make us a better team.


    RECAP: Good players traded prospects and good players possibly as a return and a huge amount of cap space brought back (roughly 27,433,000).


    So many may ask who could we get?


    Free Agents:


    Steven Stamkos - With the addition of all the cap space we could be a player at Stamkos which I brought up in the past. Who wouldn't be happy with Stamkos and the players, prospects, and picks from the Malkin trade as Malkin's replacement?

    Michael Grabner - Fans would love to see Grabner pull a Hagelin and use his speed and be a Penguins success. My #1 wanted signing.


    Mikkel Boedker- Would be a great addition with his speed and was scouted by Penguins during this trade deadline. He also has a great shot and would thrive in Sullivan's system.

    Sam Gagner- He could be a great player who could use his speed in Sullivan's system and would be a great bench player. He plays in streaks and would be a great center wing combination player would could also fill in in the top lines if someone got injured.

    Andrew Ladd- Much like Stamkos with Malkin Ladd could fill in Hornqvist or Kunitz spot and we would even get the addition from that players trade. His speed, physicality, and shot would be a great addition to our team.


    Chris Kreider- Rumor has it in NY Kreider may be a cap casualty as a restricted free agent and they may let him walk. I hope if the rumors are true Penguins make a huge push for his services could you imagine him on a line with Sid feeding him the puck? It would almost be unfair.


    Tyson Barre- Was rumored multiple times to be available for trade. If Matta is out of favor why not try to acquire Barre who may be a better fit?

    Kevin Shattenkirk- Much like Barre, his name was heard multiple times in trade rumors. If we are trading away players we would also in theory be adding value assets in return. A trade for Shattenkirk could solidify our defense quite well. With many new contracts to be handed out in St. Louis maybe we would have a shot at acquiring the defenseman.



    Matt Duchene, Taylor Hall, and Nail Yakupov are also trade options in which we may look at if we were to trade some of the names above and looked to replace them.



    This tread is to spark some talk in the forum and let your minds run wild and how we could build an even more dangerous team with our GM and new Head coach especially if they work together.



    First of all to all the Jim Rutherford haters at the beginning of the year kiss off..... LOL

    They all *****ed about his moves well they are one game away from the Stanley Cup

    Love joy sucks should have never traded Simon Deprese who has been average at best out here in L.A

    He got rid of Johnston..hired Sullivan he added Hagelin..Daley and Schultz and brought up the youngsters

    I agree with you on almost everything especially Malkin who can fetch the Penguins some solid talent in return ( atop 4 D) and as you say we save &9.5 in salary..he is not a mike Sullivan type player..too much east-west and undisciplined and the Penguins having proven they can win with out him.


    Matta- I kind of agree he has been playing really well and he will be getting bigger stronger and hopefully faster...he does provide a good trade chip


    Marc Andre Fluery...wow Matt Murray has made this a difficult decision it may be time for the youngster to play full time..hard to imagine them both splitting time next year we will see...

    I like Kunitz on the third line he is a better fit would be hard to trade..

    love Hornqvist game gets goals and plays physical...


    I would trade Oli Matta and Evgeni Malkin to Edmonton for taylor Hall and Nail Yakupov

    Hall slides in to the second line center position we save $3.5 million and he can also play wing...on Crosbys line which he did brilliantly in Socchi with Crosby and Girioux.

    Yakupov has a non stop motor something which Malkin doesn't always have this kid can fly and will fit Mike Sullivans system..... play him with Crosby or second line with Taylor Hall and we get Younger...we lose Matta we resign Schultz/lovejoy

    Maybe MaRc Andre Fluery to Calgary for Defense man Mark Giordano
    or to Colrado for defenseman Tyson barrie

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Also Ben Lovejoy has played extremely well all post season a horse on defense...so to all those people who were *****ing about trading for him and giving up Simon Despes well Simon did nothing out here for the Ducks was injured for half the season...but wasn't even playing well when h came back..so another good Rutherford move

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Crosby / Sheary / Hornqvist
    Bonino Hagelin / Kessel HBK LINE
    Hall / Yakupov / Rust
    CUllen / Fehr / Kunhnacl

    Daley / Letang / Dumolin / resign Schultz Lovejoy and Cole whp has played well barring a trade for a defenseman

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbowflex1223 View Post
    I know we still have a shot at this cup, but thus far I am impressed at the progress we made compared to last season.


    I believe this offseason we take a good hard look at trading some of our previous untouchables and we build around our second line, Crosby, Letang and Daley and our younger prospects.

    I think players who may be moved or may be movable this off-season so far from our playoff performances are:



    Patric Hornqvist(Money saved 4,250,000)- is a good player, but I believe our coach is looking for players who are fast and can score for our team. Hornqvist is a hardworker and may be a great trade chip.


    Chris Kunitz (Money saved 3,850,000)- rumor has it we were trying to move him during this past trade deadline to free up salary cap space. I believe this offseason he can be packaged in a deal or maybe a similar trade can be made like the one for daley.


    Marc-Andre Fleury (Money saved 5,750,000)- has been the first name which comes to mind when asked who if anyone do you think Pens could move this offseason.


    Olli Maatta (Money saved 4,083,000)- he is great young player and can be a huge trade chip with great value. I believe Penguins are looking to get quicker and build a fast team, and much like Hornqvist I believe Penguins sign and trade for speed this offseason to complete this team.


    Evgeni Malkin (Money saved 9,500,000)- I know many will be surprised with many names listed and even this name. I believe this might be the offseason that if we do not win the cup or make it to the big dance, management may ask for a shakeup. I think it would be a talent for talent trade with a huge payment and cap space coming back to the Penguins which could make us a better team.


    RECAP: Good players traded prospects and good players possibly as a return and a huge amount of cap space brought back (roughly 27,433,000).


    So many may ask who could we get?


    Free Agents:


    Steven Stamkos - With the addition of all the cap space we could be a player at Stamkos which I brought up in the past. Who wouldn't be happy with Stamkos and the players, prospects, and picks from the Malkin trade as Malkin's replacement?

    Michael Grabner - Fans would love to see Grabner pull a Hagelin and use his speed and be a Penguins success. My #1 wanted signing.


    Mikkel Boedker- Would be a great addition with his speed and was scouted by Penguins during this trade deadline. He also has a great shot and would thrive in Sullivan's system.

    Sam Gagner- He could be a great player who could use his speed in Sullivan's system and would be a great bench player. He plays in streaks and would be a great center wing combination player would could also fill in in the top lines if someone got injured.

    Andrew Ladd- Much like Stamkos with Malkin Ladd could fill in Hornqvist or Kunitz spot and we would even get the addition from that players trade. His speed, physicality, and shot would be a great addition to our team.


    Chris Kreider- Rumor has it in NY Kreider may be a cap casualty as a restricted free agent and they may let him walk. I hope if the rumors are true Penguins make a huge push for his services could you imagine him on a line with Sid feeding him the puck? It would almost be unfair.


    Tyson Barre- Was rumored multiple times to be available for trade. If Matta is out of favor why not try to acquire Barre who may be a better fit?

    Kevin Shattenkirk- Much like Barre, his name was heard multiple times in trade rumors. If we are trading away players we would also in theory be adding value assets in return. A trade for Shattenkirk could solidify our defense quite well. With many new contracts to be handed out in St. Louis maybe we would have a shot at acquiring the defenseman.



    Matt Duchene, Taylor Hall, and Nail Yakupov are also trade options in which we may look at if we were to trade some of the names above and looked to replace them.



    This tread is to spark some talk in the forum and let your minds run wild and how we could build an even more dangerous team with our GM and new Head coach especially if they work together.
    Mr. Bowlex - pittleather here agree a lot with almost everything you said one win from the stanley cup


    Malkin- trade brings u back alot and he will not age well nows the time..
    Matta- great trade chip in a big deal 50/50 here
    Fluery- just maybe time to trade him for a top 4 defenseman
    Kunitz- I do like him on the third line better suited there may be hard to move.he and Hornqvist
    only real physical forwards so..

    Free agents
    Stamkos no too expensive
    Tyson Barrie Nail yakupov yes they both fit Sullivans up tempo speed style
    Shattenkirk possibly a good fit
    Schwartz young left wing
    Cam Fowler (see him out here in la) dude can fly and pass perfect fit for the penguins only 24


    Mr. Bowlex thoughts on these possible deals

    Evgeni Malkin to Anaheim $9.5 Million

    24 defenseman Cam Fowler / 28 C/LW Andrew Cogliano to Pittsburgh $7.0 million


    or

    To St. Louis
    Evgeni Malkin C $9.5 Million
    Oli Matta D $4.1 Million


    To Pittsburgh
    Paul Stasny C $ 7.0 Million
    Kevin Shattenkirk D $ 5 Million
    Jadyen Schwartz LW $ 3.5 Million


    Go Penguins lets get that cup.....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,891
    first thing they need to do is win cup

    second is figure out exact rules of expansion draft.

    trade fluery is a good option to trade we need a solid veteran back up goalie

    trading malkin is hard do to is no movement clause and getting fair value for him.

    I am not going to get into rutherford discussion again. he has made some bad deals and some that worked out. lastly is tht you pitt la

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    first thing they need to do is win cup

    second is figure out exact rules of expansion draft.

    trade fluery is a good option to trade we need a solid veteran back up goalie

    trading malkin is hard do to is no movement clause and getting fair value for him.

    I am not going to get into rutherford discussion again. he has made some bad deals and some that worked out. lastly is tht you pitt la


    Yes it is me.....

    - i agree lets win the cup...first and foremost.
    - I also agree figure out the expansion draft
    - I also agree trade Fluery is an option...but for a d man..back up goalies are easier to find...

    Of course you dont want to get in to the whole Rutherford discussion again because you were wrong....you know it and i know it...so yeah Rutherford has done a terrific job..

    He is one of three candidates in the running for GM if the year... my point I was right..
    People dont like to revisit or talk about things when they are wrong...now a days people want to say oh lets move on or im not getting in to that Rutherford conversation again just admit man you were wrong grow a set... he has done extremely well in case you haven't notice they are still playing...


    Hagelin/Daley/Schultz.... Sullivan


    Ben Lovejoy has been terrific for the Penguins.....playing really solid hockey and Simon desprese crickets crickets

    Once again i was talking to someone else you butt in always great to here from you...


    Go Penguins

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,891
    sorry did not mean trade fluery for back up goalie just meant make sure we have a solid one in place.

    here we go yes rutherford gm of the year. If you had been on here more you would of seen where I said if he keeps making moves like the kessel and hagelin trades I might have to like him a little.

    For every Hagelin/Daley/Schultz.... Sullivan move lets not forget perron/lovejoy/Plotinkov/neal moves.
    Yes the Neal trade got us horny who has been awesome for us at the time neal was worth more than he got in trade. Lovejoy minus these playoffs has been horrible for us.

    Sullivan has been an awesome coach lets not forget he kept danny boy around for a year and hired Johnston also.

    I did not want to bring it up because its the past. I admitted before he has done some really great things for us. You are giving Rutherford to much credit on why we are still playing. The coach and the system he put in place, the players buying into that system are why we are here.

    Once again we are all Pens fans and are aloud to disagree and this is a public forum where we can voice are opinions.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oil City
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    sorry did not mean trade fluery for back up goalie just meant make sure we have a solid one in place.

    here we go yes rutherford gm of the year. If you had been on here more you would of seen where I said if he keeps making moves like the kessel and hagelin trades I might have to like him a little.

    For every Hagelin/Daley/Schultz.... Sullivan move lets not forget perron/lovejoy/Plotinkov/neal moves.
    Yes the Neal trade got us horny who has been awesome for us at the time neal was worth more than he got in trade. Lovejoy minus these playoffs has been horrible for us.

    Sullivan has been an awesome coach lets not forget he kept danny boy around for a year and hired Johnston also.

    I did not want to bring it up because its the past. I admitted before he has done some really great things for us. You are giving Rutherford to much credit on why we are still playing. The coach and the system he put in place, the players buying into that system are why we are here.

    Once again we are all Pens fans and are aloud to disagree and this is a public forum where we can voice are opinions.
    LOL he turned this franchise from a fringe playoff team to a team that just needs to win 1 out of three games to win it all. You deserve all the flack you get cause you still mock him with every post you make which makes you look as dumb as you think he is.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Oil City
    Posts
    895
    Quote Originally Posted by pittleather View Post
    Mr. Bowlex - pittleather here agree a lot with almost everything you said one win from the stanley cup


    Malkin- trade brings u back alot and he will not age well nows the time..
    Matta- great trade chip in a big deal 50/50 here
    Fluery- just maybe time to trade him for a top 4 defenseman
    Kunitz- I do like him on the third line better suited there may be hard to move.he and Hornqvist
    only real physical forwards so..

    Free agents
    Stamkos no too expensive
    Tyson Barrie Nail yakupov yes they both fit Sullivans up tempo speed style
    Shattenkirk possibly a good fit
    Schwartz young left wing
    Cam Fowler (see him out here in la) dude can fly and pass perfect fit for the penguins only 24


    Mr. Bowlex thoughts on these possible deals

    Evgeni Malkin to Anaheim $9.5 Million

    24 defenseman Cam Fowler / 28 C/LW Andrew Cogliano to Pittsburgh $7.0 million


    or

    To St. Louis
    Evgeni Malkin C $9.5 Million
    Oli Matta D $4.1 Million


    To Pittsburgh
    Paul Stasny C $ 7.0 Million
    Kevin Shattenkirk D $ 5 Million
    Jadyen Schwartz LW $ 3.5 Million


    Go Penguins lets get that cup.....
    Evgeni Malkin is going nowhere end of story, Fleury on the other hand is most definitely hopefully there are a handful of teams desperate for him which will drive up the asking price.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,007
    Idk if you want to make that many deals... Trade fleury for a good d and then sign a couple pieces and keep this group together. They can make a run at it next year without blowing up the team.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by t2a2e9j12 View Post
    sorry did not mean trade fluery for back up goalie just meant make sure we have a solid one in place.

    here we go yes rutherford gm of the year. If you had been on here more you would of seen where I said if he keeps making moves like the kessel and hagelin trades I might have to like him a little.

    For every Hagelin/Daley/Schultz.... Sullivan move lets not forget perron/lovejoy/Plotinkov/neal moves.
    Yes the Neal trade got us horny who has been awesome for us at the time neal was worth more than he got in trade. Lovejoy minus these playoffs has been horrible for us.

    Sullivan has been an awesome coach lets not forget he kept danny boy around for a year and hired Johnston also.

    I did not want to bring it up because its the past. I admitted before he has done some really great things for us. You are giving Rutherford to much credit on why we are still playing. The coach and the system he put in place, the players buying into that system are why we are here.

    Once again we are all Pens fans and are aloud to disagree and this is a public forum where we can voice are opinions.


    Your right we are all Penguins fans...and we can disagree...Go Penguins

    I waited to respond to you because i have been off this site for a long time .......didn't like debating things with guys who maybe cant admit they were wrong..which annoys me... You were wrong about Rutherford only 2nd GM to win a cup with 2 different teams. The moment i came back on this site you popped up we chatted the penguins game 5 lost (yeah suoerstious LOL ) so i waited to today made sure we won the Cup

    You were right about Plotnikov mistake there..... Neal yes was more talented but Hornqvist the better fit for the Penguins turned out right move..neal did well in Nashville

    Perron just didnt work out Rutherford was smart enough to realize his mistakes and dealt him out here to Anaheim Hagelin flourished in Pittsburgh and Perron Flourished with the Ducks.

    Lovejoy was amazing in the playoffs and his season was much netter than his first last year with the Penguins... I'm sorry Simon Despres did Zilch here in Anaheim he is just a young big body i thought Ian Cole had a worse season was than Ben Lovejoy thank goodness they both played well in the playoffs.Go Pens !

    Rutherford also fired Johnson and hired Sullivan.....Look Gms aren't always right but he made way more good moves than bad ones...and the Cup

    Schultz good contributor
    Hagelin good move
    Kessel and ill admit i wanted to schizkabob his lazy *** in December and he turned it around
    Daley another solid move
    Sullivan another solid move
    Eric Fehr another steady contributor
    Matt Cullen another contributor
    all these Rutherford moves

    hey we are Penguins fans so the Cup is back in the Burgh.

    Off season will have some decisions dont know all the expansion rules yet

    Murray and Fluery next year...i would say yes and maybe deal one at the trade deadline?????


    I hope Matt Cullen comes back ? great 4th line center

    I would like to see Schultz comeback as a 5th 6th pairing he fits Sullivan style.

    I know you hate Lovejoy maybe he comes back as a 5th 6th d man?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    You right he has a no movement clause...wish he didnt he is a great player but too east west for Sullivans style of play which is speed discipline and north south.. he had some good games for sure...

    but next year they arent breaking up the HBK line Crosby Sheary and Hornqvist are terrific so hope he can handle playing third line with Kunitz and Rust (he did well there)


    This guy isn't going to age well his motivation and engagement is spotty at best you here commentators all the time say oh when Malkin;s engaged in the game...he is amazing.....holy ********t you getting $9.5 million a year and you not consistently get engaged in the game that's weak....we could get such a good return for him..and make this team even better.....probably wont happen wish it would..... Dont like guys who make a tone of money and the one things you can control is effort, heart and hustle and thats in question...he takes stupid penalties and is gets injured alot....i do like malkin wish he had a better motor and I'm thinking of the team.

    maybe Murray and Fluery next year and then deal one at the trade dealine... thoughts?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    52
    I am just so happy for the Penguins wow what a run........


    The pirates are sucking right now so cant wait for the parade...

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •