Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Raptors in 4

    0 0%
  • Raptors in 5

    0 0%
  • Raptors in 6

    4 10.26%
  • Raptors in 7

    7 17.95%
  • Cavaliers in 4

    11 28.21%
  • Cavaliers in 5

    11 28.21%
  • Cavaliers in 6

    5 12.82%
  • Cavaliers in 7

    1 2.56%
Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1589
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,100
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    the way i see it for starting 5's that is
    thompson and biyombo are about equal
    love is way better then whoever the raps start at pf
    james is way better then carroll
    derozan is quite a bit better then JR
    lowry has a slight edge over irving

    in terms of the bench i would say the raps have the advantage

    starting 5 wise cavs have an advantage but depending on the rotations are run the raps definitely have a chance to make some noise
    Thompson and Biyombo are not about equal but if you want to roll with that, sure.
    I agree with Love.
    I agree with LeBron. I think him alone carrying any team would beat this Raptors squad.
    I disagree with DeRozan being quite a bit better than J.R -- at least for the Playoffs. The thing with DeRozan is he's not a great three point shooter. So his wacky shooting percentage is a huge concern considering it's entirely made up of two point shot attempts. That also doesn't take into the fact that he's taking a bunch of shots and does so in a low IQ attempt of playing hero ball. He's taking valuable possessions from his team away and yes, that tends to be just fine against a team like Miami but against an elite team such as the Cavs, every possession matters. The beautiful part of J.R. is that when he's hot, everyone loves him. Plus, he doesn't take possessions away from the star players. J.R. will be the most effective shooting guard in this series but DeRozan will score more points.
    I don't think Lowry has a slight edge on Irving. I think it's quite even, honestly. How are we evaluating this? Lowry is the better overall player but Irving is a much better scorer. Cavs don't need Irving to be an all-around player because LeBron does that for them. So I don't see a huge issue for them there.

    This should be a sweep. Don't get me wrong, I am hoping for a competitive series. One series is competitive as hell and the other being a pure beatdown is not great for the league. But, let's face it...

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,341
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We'll agree to disagree then. I'm confident Biyombo can out muscle TT and win that matchup.

    Uncharted territory isn't an exaggeration at all. We've never been to the ECF. The Cavs are not in uncharted territory. They were just there last year lol.
    This will be a very interesting matchup. They're similar players. Looking at their per 36-min stats, it seems like TT is the better offensive rebounder and BB is the better defensive rebounder.

    Part of the reason TT doesn't pull as many defensive rebounders is because Love is a terrific rebounder and LeBron won't hesitate to pull them down either. TT does fairly well at boxing out and so others tend to get them too. The fact that TT can still pull down 10+ rebounds in per 36 minutes with THOSE two shows how talented he is.

    Allow me to praise TT some more...

    TT is such a black hole in offensive rebounding that teams force themselves to game-plan around it. During the course of a game, he won't be dominating non-stop, but there's gonna be stretches where you'll feel like throwing your phone because TT is pulling down O-Rebounds.

    He's averaging an eye-popping 6.3 offensive rebounds per 36 in these playoffs. 6.3! And that's against the likes of Horford/Milsap/Drummond.

    You might be right... it's very much possible that BB out-muscles TT. But in the playoffs TT turns it up (as he did last year), and he's quite literally a monster down there.

    I like that you brought up the match-up. It'll be fun to see!
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,783
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Exactly. And this is also assuming that Lowry+DeRozan play great.. which hasn't looked too appealing in the playoffs. The odds of Raptors pulling this off would be the biggest upset in NBA in recent memory.
    Thats why the homer in me wants to say wel take it 6. but i think Lowry will get us one at home. and we may push one other game to the limit. but i dont see this being close
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castlevania
    Posts
    4,058
    Imo if i'm a Cavs fan I'd hope my team takes out Toronto before JV even becomes a factor.

    The Cavs need the Thunder and Warriors to wear themselves out while they need to ideally sweep the Raptors.

    If the series goes beyond 5 games i'd be disappointed as a Cavs fan.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again


  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,783
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    the way i see it for starting 5's that is
    thompson and biyombo are about equal
    love is way better then whoever the raps start at pf
    james is way better then carroll
    derozan is quite a bit better then JR
    lowry has a slight edge over irving

    in terms of the bench i would say the raps have the advantage

    starting 5 wise cavs have an advantage but depending on the rotations are run the raps definitely have a chance to make some noise
    they have lebron james. thats the issue.. caroll might be the best guy left in the playoffs to guard lebron.. but its still lebron, and hes gonna get his
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    Posts
    11,783
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    This will be a very interesting matchup. They're similar players. Looking at their per 36-min stats, it seems like TT is the better offensive rebounder and BB is the better defensive rebounder.

    Part of the reason TT doesn't pull as many defensive rebounders is because Love is a terrific rebounder and LeBron won't hesitate to pull them down either. TT does fairly well at boxing out and so others tend to get them too. The fact that TT can still pull down 10+ rebounds in per 36 minutes with THOSE two shows how talented he is.

    Allow me to praise TT some more...

    TT is such a black hole in offensive rebounding that teams force themselves to game-plan around it. During the course of a game, he won't be dominating non-stop, but there's gonna be stretches where you'll feel like throwing your phone because TT is pulling down O-Rebounds.

    He's averaging an eye-popping 6.3 offensive rebounds per 36 in these playoffs. 6.3! And that's against the likes of Horford/Milsap/Drummond.

    You might be right... it's very much possible that BB out-muscles TT. But in the playoffs TT turns it up (as he did last year), and he's quite literally a monster down there.

    I like that you brought up the match-up. It'll be fun to see!
    I love thompsons game, and hes gonna be so hyped all series, in cleve or toronto hes essentially playing a home game. i say best case scenario Biyombo cancels him out, but i give the edge to TT
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE


    BLUE JAYS

    twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    11,725
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Thompson and Biyombo are not about equal but if you want to roll with that, sure.
    I agree with Love.
    I agree with LeBron. I think him alone carrying any team would beat this Raptors squad.
    I disagree with DeRozan being quite a bit better than J.R -- at least for the Playoffs. The thing with DeRozan is he's not a great three point shooter. So his wacky shooting percentage is a huge concern considering it's entirely made up of two point shot attempts. That also doesn't take into the fact that he's taking a bunch of shots and does so in a low IQ attempt of playing hero ball. He's taking valuable possessions from his team away and yes, that tends to be just fine against a team like Miami but against an elite team such as the Cavs, every possession matters. The beautiful part of J.R. is that when he's hot, everyone loves him. Plus, he doesn't take possessions away from the star players. J.R. will be the most effective shooting guard in this series but DeRozan will score more points.
    I don't think Lowry has a slight edge on Irving. I think it's quite even, honestly. How are we evaluating this? Lowry is the better overall player but Irving is a much better scorer. Cavs don't need Irving to be an all-around player because LeBron does that for them. So I don't see a huge issue for them there.

    This should be a sweep. Don't get me wrong, I am hoping for a competitive series. One series is competitive as hell and the other being a pure beatdown is not great for the league. But, let's face it...
    curious as to how you think thompson is better than biyombo? Im all for discussion just want to see your POV

    as weird as derozans shooting has been and i do agree with the low basketball IQ this is the easiest matchup he is going to have in the playoffs. Derozan vs Ellis, then wade and now smith. Its safe to say that Smith is the worst defensive player out of those 3 so I wouldnt be surprised to see a better shooting percentage and more consistency out of derozan. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Shump play big minutes so the raps need to take advantage when they can.

    I would say Lowry has the edge on Irving. Irving is the better scorer I agree but since you brought it up I looked at Irvings past stats and his stats when lebron was in Miami and his stats now are very similar. He is a scorer who on occasion helps out elsewhere. Lowry has improved his ability to score over the last 4 years while consistently having a better average rebounds, assists, steals and lowry turns the ball over less on average as well. Lowry has also dominated the matchup during the season as well. The only reason I consider it a slight edge is because as you stated Lebron does more of the heavy lifting but lets not pretend that Irvings stats took a huge hit when Lebron came back to cleveland.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Miami Heat
    Posts
    4,100
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    curious as to how you think thompson is better than biyombo? Im all for discussion just want to see your POV

    as weird as derozans shooting has been and i do agree with the low basketball IQ this is the easiest matchup he is going to have in the playoffs. Derozan vs Ellis, then wade and now smith. Its safe to say that Smith is the worst defensive player out of those 3 so I wouldnt be surprised to see a better shooting percentage and more consistency out of derozan. I also wouldnt be surprised to see Shump play big minutes so the raps need to take advantage when they can.

    I would say Lowry has the edge on Irving. Irving is the better scorer I agree but since you brought it up I looked at Irvings past stats and his stats when lebron was in Miami and his stats now are very similar. He is a scorer who on occasion helps out elsewhere. Lowry has improved his ability to score over the last 4 years while consistently having a better average rebounds, assists, steals and lowry turns the ball over less on average as well. Lowry has also dominated the matchup during the season as well. The only reason I consider it a slight edge is because as you stated Lebron does more of the heavy lifting but lets not pretend that Irvings stats took a huge hit when Lebron came back to cleveland.
    Tristan is a reliable player who has pulled through for Cleveland when it matters the most. We saw that when he stepped his game up the entire playoffs last season. He doesn't play only because his team gets outsized. He plays and he does his job better than anyone can respectively. Biyombo hasn't proven anything, really. He outrebounded Myles Turner, Luol Deng, Josh McRoberts, and Justice Winslow. None of those players are centers besides Turner and Turner is a rookie. Thompson has outrebounded elite players. I just don't think they're equal because one player has proven to be able to produce when it matters whereas the other hasn't proven anything. There's value to that.

    It isn't safe to say J.R. Smith is the worst defender of the three. He's actually stepped his defensive game up big time. He was covering Kyle Korver last series and Korver could rarely find a wide open shot so he passed it back. He's stepped his game up there. Smith isn't a 2nd option player and that is what the Cavs had to do with limited option last season. With his role as a 3-5th player option, I expect Smith to step his game up.

    As for Irving and Lowry, meh, it's way too even to tip the scale. I don't have an issue with Lowry being better than Irving. However, playoffs is telling a different story right now. Lowry has been terrible pretty much offensively. Kyrie has been absolutely sensational offensively. Raptors need Lowry to be an all-around player while Cavs don't need Kyrie to do so.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampirate View Post
    Imo if i'm a Cavs fan I'd hope my team takes out Toronto before JV even becomes a factor.

    The Cavs need the Thunder and Warriors to wear themselves out while they need to ideally sweep the Raptors.

    If the series goes beyond 5 games i'd be disappointed as a Cavs fan.
    Truth. +1

    JV would feast on us.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    11,725
    Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Tristan is a reliable player who has pulled through for Cleveland when it matters the most. We saw that when he stepped his game up the entire playoffs last season. He doesn't play only because his team gets outsized. He plays and he does his job better than anyone can respectively. Biyombo hasn't proven anything, really. He outrebounded Myles Turner, Luol Deng, Josh McRoberts, and Justice Winslow. None of those players are centers besides Turner and Turner is a rookie. Thompson has outrebounded elite players. I just don't think they're equal because one player has proven to be able to produce when it matters whereas the other hasn't proven anything. There's value to that.

    It isn't safe to say J.R. Smith is the worst defender of the three. He's actually stepped his defensive game up big time. He was covering Kyle Korver last series and Korver could rarely find a wide open shot so he passed it back. He's stepped his game up there. Smith isn't a 2nd option player and that is what the Cavs had to do with limited option last season. With his role as a 3-5th player option, I expect Smith to step his game up.

    As for Irving and Lowry, meh, it's way too even to tip the scale. I don't have an issue with Lowry being better than Irving. However, playoffs is telling a different story right now. Lowry has been terrible pretty much offensively. Kyrie has been absolutely sensational offensively. Raptors need Lowry to be an all-around player while Cavs don't need Kyrie to do so.
    For Thompson and Biyombo if you look at the matchups, Thompson averaged roughly 9 points and 11 rebounds in 33 minutes vs the Raps and Biyombo averaged roughly 11 and 7 in 24 minutes vs the Cavs. Head to head in similar playing time I really do think they will pretty much cancel each other out (More minutes for Biyombo but a more consistent and tough matchup in Thompson)

    did you really use Kyle korver to defend JR Smiths defensive game? Korver is a one trick pony when it comes to offence. As bad as derozans basketball IQ is he has multiple ways to score.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    10,341
    Quote Originally Posted by SensandRaps View Post
    For Thompson and Biyombo if you look at the matchups, Thompson averaged roughly 9 points and 11 rebounds in 33 minutes vs the Raps and Biyombo averaged roughly 11 and 7 in 24 minutes vs the Cavs. Head to head in similar playing time I really do think they will pretty much cancel each other out (More minutes for Biyombo but a more consistent and tough matchup in Thompson)

    did you really use Kyle korver to defend JR Smiths defensive game? Korver is a one trick pony when it comes to offence. As bad as derozans basketball IQ is he has multiple ways to score.
    JR is a decent defender. It's easy to assume that "chuckers" are defensive liabilities but I'd say you need to get caught up with the times if you think JR is a bad defender.
    The Baker has come. Believe the hype.


  12. #72
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    22,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    This will be a very interesting matchup. They're similar players. Looking at their per 36-min stats, it seems like TT is the better offensive rebounder and BB is the better defensive rebounder.

    Part of the reason TT doesn't pull as many defensive rebounders is because Love is a terrific rebounder and LeBron won't hesitate to pull them down either. TT does fairly well at boxing out and so others tend to get them too. The fact that TT can still pull down 10+ rebounds in per 36 minutes with THOSE two shows how talented he is.

    Allow me to praise TT some more...

    TT is such a black hole in offensive rebounding that teams force themselves to game-plan around it. During the course of a game, he won't be dominating non-stop, but there's gonna be stretches where you'll feel like throwing your phone because TT is pulling down O-Rebounds.

    He's averaging an eye-popping 6.3 offensive rebounds per 36 in these playoffs. 6.3! And that's against the likes of Horford/Milsap/Drummond.

    You might be right... it's very much possible that BB out-muscles TT. But in the playoffs TT turns it up (as he did last year), and he's quite literally a monster down there.

    I like that you brought up the match-up. It'll be fun to see!
    Definitely will be. I'm not underestimating him either. I didn't see any of the Detroit series but I saw a couple of the Atlanta games and yeah, he ate glass. It's going to be a back and forth matchup but I just have faith in my guy. No disrespect to TT either but for tonight I definitely like the thought of an energized Biz going up against a rested TT.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    11,725
    Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Rex View Post
    JR is a decent defender. It's easy to assume that "chuckers" are defensive liabilities but I'd say you need to get caught up with the times if you think JR is a bad defender.
    im not saying he is bad, but if you take ellis,wade and smith i would say he is the worst out of the 3. I was also kind of surprised that Kyle Korver was used to defend JR's defensive game

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    31,449
    Cavs in 5. Raptors are good enough to win one.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cool Ranch, NM
    Posts
    31,449
    All this analysis is fun... but let's be real... Lebron isn't losing to this Raptors team.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •