• Cavaliers in 5

11 28.21%
  • Cavaliers in 6

5 12.82%
  • Cavaliers in 7

1 2.56%
Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you guys, this one is likely gonna be a quick massacre.

Raptors in 4
    It just sucks, After the Cavs kick the sh** out of the Raptors I'm gonna have to wait prob another week until the Warriors/OKC series is over to see the Cavs play again. smh... The struggle
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Yeah, I agree with you guys, this one is likely gonna be a quick massacre.

Raptors in 4
    Here's to an entertaining ECF, bro.

The Baker has come. Believe the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    I like how people keep thinkimg the Cavs are godly or are the Warriors.
    Beating the Hawks and Pistons who aren't as deep doesn't make you unruly.

Cavs tried and were healthy against us all year but just couldn't contain our depth and Lowrys clutch shooting.

Raps in 7. The Heat scared me more.

Leggoo
    What part of the Heat scared you more? Luol Deng playing center? I like how people think the Heat are a more dangerous team than the Cavs. Sorry but not even Pat Riley would agree with that and sorry to burst your bubble, your own COACH said the Cavs are playing like the best team in the NBA. "Godly or are the Warriors"? Mind you, Houston Rockets won a game against the Warriors. Blazers made it incredibly competitive for a squad that had nothing going for them in the offseason. Oklahoma City just took them down in game 1. I wouldn't put the Warriors synonymous-ly with Godly. Pistons and Hawks are by all accounts, a better team than the Rockets and Blazers. Secondly, Pistons starting five can destroy any starting five on any given night. Their bench needs some improvement but I hope you realize, the 7th seed in the East would be enough to rank 5th in the Western Conference. Meaning, East has been better than the West this season. Maybe not the top teams but other than Warriors/Thunder/Spurs, East are right there.

Here's the fact: DeRozan is leaving Toronto and can give a rat's *** if they lose or win. J.R. Smith will outplay him, most likely.

Toronto has no post presence. Biyombo is great... against McRoberts and Deng. Try doing that with Tristan and Love. Losing Val was a big hit for them because he's their most efficient player.

This is a Cavs sweep. The only way Toronto gets one game is if Lowry goes ape**** on them like he did in the regular season.

Why do you mention regular season anyways? Did you know Pistons beat Cavs 2-1 in the regular season? Last season, did you know the Bulls beat Cavs 3-1 in the regular season? All regular season proves is that you won a game. It's really that simple. We're talking about winning the championship here. Toronto is not ready. Cleveland is on a mission.
    Last edited by OceanSpray; 05-17-2016 at 01:10 PM.

James is having his career low in scoring these playoffs and not even the teams leading scorer. James can sit and Cavs still win in 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonjorge View Post
    James is having his career low in scoring these playoffs and not even the teams leading scorer. James can sit and Cavs still win in 4.
    Well, let's not forget why that is happening.

He's averaging a career high in assists per 36 minutes for the playoffs (excluding last season where he literally had the ball the entire game).
    He's averaging a near career high in reboudns per 36 minutes for the playoffs (excluding last season where the rebounds had to be grabbed by him with Love being out).
    He's blowing away the average in steals as well.

So what we're seeing is LeBron playing a more Magic-like role; which is what many people had hoped would happen when he signed with the Cavs again. It's working and it will work because LeBron doesn't have to score for this team to win. He does however, have to play defense, rebound the ball, push the pace, make the right passes, and take over if his team is just really off. That's the beauty of LeBron. You can get someone who can score and dominate you offensively or you can get the guy who just picks you apart by passing. I've never seen a player do both at the highest level. Chris Paul is the only guy who comes to mind recently but he was never the offensive force LeBron was and is.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Here's the fact: DeRozan is leaving Toronto and can give a rat's *** if they lose or win. J.R. Smith will outplay him, most likely.

Toronto has no post presence. Biyombo is great... against McRoberts and Deng. Try doing that with Tristan and Love. Losing Val was a big hit for them because he's their most efficient player.

This is a Cavs sweep. The only way Toronto gets one game is if Lowry goes ape**** on them like he did in the regular season.
    Whether DeRozan is leaving or not he has a work ethic that's second to none. I can say with confidence that he cares a lot. He's also slowly been getting better each game.

Toronto is lacking a post presence with JV out but I think you're missing the point with Biyombo. Biyombo's game is hustling and defence. All of his points come from lobs, put backs and free throws. TT and Mozgov don't have much to worry about with guarding Biyombo but you're going to see why everyone in Toronto loves this guy. He doesn't take a single play off. His motor is always running. While TT is a banger as well he's going to have his hands full with trying to keep Biyombo off the boards.

You guys had what, 10 days off? I expect the King to be ready but 10 days is a long time in between games for all those other guys. JR could go back to his regular post season self and become a bricklayer again. My eyes are on Kyrie and K Love though. Will they be able to maintain their focus after such a long time off? Sure you guys are rested but we're riding an emotional high right now and our all star PG has finally flipped the switch and turned in 3 straight awesome games. The Raptors are in unchartered territory right now and just came off an all around dominant team performance in game 7. The pressure is on Cleveland to maintain their level of play.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Whether DeRozan is leaving or not he has a work ethic that's second to none. I can say with confidence that he cares a lot. He's also slowly been getting better each game.

Toronto is lacking a post presence with JV out but I think you're missing the point with Biyombo. Biyombo's game is hustling and defence. All of his points come from lobs, put backs and free throws. TT and Mozgov don't have much to worry about with guarding Biyombo but you're going to see why everyone in Toronto loves this guy. He doesn't take a single play off. His motor is always running. While TT is a banger as well he's going to have his hands full with trying to keep Biyombo off the boards.

You guys had what, 10 days off? I expect the King to be ready but 10 days is a long time in between games for all those other guys. JR could go back to his regular post season self and become a bricklayer again. My eyes are on Kyrie and K Love though. Will they be able to maintain their focus after such a long time off? Sure you guys are rested but we're riding an emotional high right now and our all star PG has finally flipped the switch and turned in 3 straight awesome games. The Raptors are in unchartered territory right now and just came off an all around dominant team performance in game 7. The pressure is on Cleveland to maintain their level of play.
    Is it okay to say that the Heat without Whiteside/Bosh lacked any post presence and thus, weren't a good team at all? That Heat team does not make the NBA Playoffs. I hate to say it but the fact we even got this close was impressive.

Your point with Biyombo is acknowledged. I like his intensity and ability to hustle but there's a difference here. Justice Winslow and Luol Deng with Josh McRoberts (who needs to get out of this team quicker than I can blink) as your frontcourt would get destroyed even by my local basketball team. They don't have any size and didn't against Biyombo. Cleveland has size. They have the ability to dominate them in the post, glass, and shooting as well. Biyombo will make Tristan work but Tristan is Biyombo on steroids. There is no way Biyombo outrebounds Tristan given that both of them are on the court together.

Lastly, uncharted territory is a bit of an exaggeration. The Cavs are on uncharted territory. They just destroyed the three point shooting record by a long mile. They just swept the Hawks -- who would have beaten this Raptors team in all honesty. The ten days off might have the Cavs starting off slow but I don't see how Raptors pull this off at all. I would need to see more than from what I saw against the Heat.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    I love caroll but there still no way he or any player can stop lebron when hes having a good day. best you can do is "limit" him which means he scores 20-25 but then love and irving and smith all have to be off.... **** this just sounds impossible lol
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

Quote Originally Posted by Nick O View Post
    I love caroll but there still no way he or any player can stop lebron when hes having a good day. best you can do is "limit" him which means he scores 20-25 but then love and irving and smith all have to be off.... **** this just sounds impossible lol
    Exactly. And this is also assuming that Lowry+DeRozan play great.. which hasn't looked too appealing in the playoffs. The odds of Raptors pulling this off would be the biggest upset in NBA in recent memory.

Also, the fact some Raptors fans are mentioning Biyombo as a reason for the Cavs to be slightly worried just shows how desperate it is for Raptors to find some help. No, seriously. Do you guys really think Biyombo will be that much of a force?

Here's the fact: DeRozan is leaving Toronto and can give a rat's *** if they lose or win.
    And we Raptors fans wish him the best of luck to whatever team he lands on that's not the Raptors.
    Until they prove the fans wrong again

Is it okay to say that the Heat without Whiteside/Bosh lacked any post presence and thus, weren't a good team at all? That Heat team does not make the NBA Playoffs. I hate to say it but the fact we even got this close was impressive.

Your point with Biyombo is acknowledged. I like his intensity and ability to hustle but there's a difference here. Justice Winslow and Luol Deng with Josh McRoberts (who needs to get out of this team quicker than I can blink) as your frontcourt would get destroyed even by my local basketball team. They don't have any size and didn't against Biyombo. Cleveland has size. They have the ability to dominate them in the post, glass, and shooting as well. Biyombo will make Tristan work but Tristan is Biyombo on steroids. There is no way Biyombo outrebounds Tristan given that both of them are on the court together.

Lastly, uncharted territory is a bit of an exaggeration. The Cavs are on uncharted territory. They just destroyed the three point shooting record by a long mile. They just swept the Hawks -- who would have beaten this Raptors team in all honesty. The ten days off might have the Cavs starting off slow but I don't see how Raptors pull this off at all. I would need to see more than from what I saw against the Heat.
    We'll agree to disagree then. I'm confident Biyombo can out muscle TT and win that matchup.

Uncharted territory isn't an exaggeration at all. We've never been to the ECF. The Cavs are not in uncharted territory. They were just there last year lol.

Also, the fact some Raptors fans are mentioning Biyombo as a reason for the Cavs to be slightly worried just shows how desperate it is for Raptors to find some help. No, seriously. Do you guys really think Biyombo will be that much of a force?
    I mentioned Biyombo because your assessment of him was misinformed. But sure, tell yourself I said Biyombo should give you reason to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    We'll agree to disagree then. I'm confident Biyombo can out muscle TT and win that matchup.

Uncharted territory isn't an exaggeration at all. We've never been to the ECF. The Cavs are not in uncharted territory. They were just there last year lol.
    Uncharted territory as in they made it to the ECF? Buddy, two teams have to make it there regardless of how good they are. It's almost like if the Cavs were the only NBA team in the East and the others are filled with your local soccer team trying to play basketball. One of those teams will be in the ECF just because it has to happen. Cavs are in uncharted territory. They are playing the best basketball we have seen them play in the two seasons they are together. We are seeing LeBron not being the scoring leader (still the best player, though) while Kyrie is on a tear offensively. We are seeing Kevin Love being the double-double machine he was for the Wolves. We are seeing J.R. Smith shooting lights out in the playoffs -- something he has never done efficiently. Cavs are playing their best basketball. Are you telling me the Raptors are doing that as well? Because I would need some tangible proof, not just that "They are in the ECF."

Secondly, your point of Biyombo as I have stated is already proven to me. I saw him dominate the Heat... who had no choice but to play small ball because Bosh and Whiteside were there. Do you think Biyombo dominates if Whiteside and Bosh are there? Do you really think Biyombo dominating Josh McRoberts and Luol Deng is impressive? It's good, he did his job. Now, you're going up against a frontcourt that is massive compared to the Heat. Plus, you contradict yourself there. If you don't think Biyombo should give the Cavs any reason to worry (which is what I am saying), how am I being misinformed?

the way i see it for starting 5's that is
    thompson and biyombo are about equal
    love is way better then whoever the raps start at pf
    james is way better then carroll
    derozan is quite a bit better then JR
    lowry has a slight edge over irving

in terms of the bench i would say the raps have the advantage

starting 5 wise cavs have an advantage but depending on the rotations are run the raps definitely have a chance to make some noise

Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast