Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Going to the Mexico v Chile match tonight.

La Roja!

I hit by a flying beer tonight, but I didn't care. Mexico got smacked up and it was awesome.

Those two teams weren't even on the same planet last night.

My buddy is pro Mexico, I took the ribbing for the Portugal tie telling me Mexico would smoke Portugal......imagine him after that loss....lol

I still cannot believe that scoreline... 7 freaking 0.

Poor USA. 4-0 loss at home to Argentina.

I expected a loss but I also expected a decent showing. They looked terrible.

At least you witnessed history. Messi broke Batistuta's scoring record for Argentina

Michel Bradley has got to go, the guy is atrocious
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Argentina-Chile the final. Rematch for last year's Copa. I think Argentina wins it this time. It's been 23 years since they won anything (it was a Copa in 1993)

USA vs Colombia for the 3rd spot.

That was really unfortunate for Lavezzi.

I really like Chile, but I hope Argentina wins so Messi can have his first major tournament win.

Damn Messi choked, that sucks. Would've preferred Argentina.
    Time for some hootenanny.

Never expected that Messi miss.

But what about Higuain? Second time in a final he's missed a golden opportunity to put his team ahead.

I'm not a Messi hater. Actually quite the contrary, I've loved watching him play and truly believe he is 1 1a of our generation,. For reasons such as his bulldog demeanor and his unassuming character, not to mention his childhood back story have caused people to fall in love with him for his entire career. Conversely CR7 can do nothing right, even when he does (Ex. Scores 2 goals against Hungry-pundits say he should've won the game, no mention that 2 goals against were deflected. 1 assist against Croatia where he comes all the way back to steal the ball in Portugal's end to start getting play and then run full speed for 70 yards- He was invisible all game).

Messi remarks..."he played an amazing game", "even the greatest players miss", "he has no one to play with"......

For fun among the few of us here. Think for a second if Portugal made it to the final of his Euro and CR7 missed a penalty and declared retirement. What would be the reaction world wide?

I've actually heard people defending Messi's decision. To me that's insane, you don't leave your country as one of the 2 best players in the world while still in your prime. If he was retiring soccer altogether, I could understand. This decision doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by TRIUMPHATOR; 06-27-2016 at 10:46 PM.

.....as you've seen, I'm unbiased.

Please do the same.

At only 29 years and 3 days old, Messi should not be retiring. It doesn't make him look good, especially after the PK miss and back-to-back-to-back Finals losses. His team is still one of the best in the world, has lots of talent at its disposal, and could still win a major tournament. He probably has one good World Cup left in him and possibly a second as more of a role player. I really hope he thinks more about this and changes his mind. I won't believe he's actually retiring until he's not on the pitch in Russia.

If this was Ronaldo, there's no doubt he'd be getting so much hate for it.

I was completely shocked when he missed. It never crossed my mind that would happen.

The person that said "he has no one to play with" is out of their mind. Aguero, Higuain, Di Maria, Mascherano, Lavezzi, Lamela, Pastore, etc. That's just an insane thing to say.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast