Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,868
    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    Always take what they say to the media with a grain salt, man. If they get the right offer Cousins will be gone so fast they'll have to rewrite Gone With the Wind.
    Lol..... We don't have anything to trade for him, without stripping the team. I'm fine with it, but you're not. We'd be just as bad as the Kings.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Lol..... We don't have anything to trade for him, without stripping the team. I'm fine with it, but you're not. We'd be just as bad as the Kings.
    They'll just resign Horford and do nothing else, same old Hawks. Or they will lose Horford and do nothing else. Same old Hawks.
    I'm not crazy, just a bit deranged is all.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    In the gym
    Posts
    2,576
    Hope you're wrong bro

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Lol..... We don't have anything to trade for him, without stripping the team. I'm fine with it, but you're not. We'd be just as bad as the Kings.
    If they wouldn't trade him for Horford and Teague then it is no wonder they have Cousins and still suck.
    I'm not crazy, just a bit deranged is all.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by HowFit View Post
    Hope you're wrong bro
    Yeah, me, too. But after watching these Atlanta franchises for 45 years I have little doubt that the Hawks will make any real moves. Why should they start doing anything different than usual now?
    I'm not crazy, just a bit deranged is all.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,868
    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    If they wouldn't trade him for Horford and Teague then it is no wonder they have Cousins and still suck.
    This is not NBA 2k.... Why would Al agree to be S&T to a Sac team without Cousins? Let me help you he wouldn't. CBA rule prohibit the S&T team from adding another player off their roster in S&T deals, that trade just can't happen.

    If Al would agree to go play with Cousins in Sac ( he's not going if Cousins isn't there IMHO) on a S&T..... Al for who ever they pick this year, 2018 1rst and Stein should interest the Hawks and Sac!

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    This is not NBA 2k.... Why would Al agree to be S&T to a Sac team without Cousins? Let me help you he wouldn't. CBA rule prohibit the S&T team from adding another player off their roster in S&T deals, that trade just can't happen.

    If Al would agree to go play with Cousins in Sac ( he's not going if Cousins isn't there IMHO) on a S&T..... Al for who ever they pick this year, 2018 1rst and Stein should interest the Hawks and Sac!
    I think you assume too much. You really have no idea whether or not Al wants to play in Sacramento.

    Anyway, there is a way if they want him.

    But they don't want him. They'll resign Al and pick up a cheapo free agent. That's what the Hawks most always do.
    I'm not crazy, just a bit deranged is all.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,868
    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    I think you assume too much. You really have no idea whether or not Al wants to play in Sacramento.

    Anyway, there is a way if they want him.

    But they don't want him. They'll resign Al and pick up a cheapo free agent. That's what the Hawks most always do.
    If im assuming, we both are! Difference is I'm going with a more realistic approach. Al could be interested if Cousins is still in Sac to play with him. It allows him to play PF next to the best center in the NBA. However if Cousins is not in Sac town, be honest with yourself and give me a percentage on the chances of Al wanting to go to Sac? Ijs it's not likely without another major move by Sac and you know that.

    Again if a S&T like the one I listed above is available with Sac and Al, I'd be open to it. We could still go after Howard and stay competitive while the young guys mature.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,868
    By the way.... The reason I say Howard because reports are that he is looking for a fit like he had in Orl early days. We have three point shooting 1 through 4 and above avg defense. Like Orl in his early days. If we don't have to S&T with Hou, it could be a match. That would require DH taking a little less money for a better fit.

    Al has already stated publicly that the 5th year is very important to him and the Hawks are the only team that can give him that. so if that's what he wants, a team will have to work a deal with ATL.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,611
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    By the way.... The reason I say Howard because reports are that he is looking for a fit like he had in Orl early days. We have three point shooting 1 through 4 and above avg defense. Like Orl in his early days. If we don't have to S&T with Hou, it could be a match. That would require DH taking a little less money for a better fit.

    Al has already stated publicly that the 5th year is very important to him and the Hawks are the only team that can give him that. so if that's what he wants, a team will have to work a deal with ATL.
    I don't want Dwight Howard. He causes problems wherever he goes.

    Yeah, I think they'll resign Al. Trouble is, they'll use his max contract as an excuse not to sign anybody else who is going to cost any real money. Oh well. I didn't expect any better.
    I'm not crazy, just a bit deranged is all.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,868
    Quote Originally Posted by M.I.A. View Post
    I don't want Dwight Howard. He causes problems wherever he goes.

    Yeah, I think they'll resign Al. Trouble is, they'll use his max contract as an excuse not to sign anybody else who is going to cost any real money. Oh well. I didn't expect any better.
    Let me try it like this to separate fact from fiction. The final cap number for 2016/2017 season has not been set, however it is projected to be around 90 million. Horford, Bazemore, Hinrich and Humphries are all free agents. Without any of them the Hawks have 52+ million committed already.

    If Al wants and gets the Max,experts project it to be worth 30 mil annually with the new CBA. That would bring the Hawks to 82 mil, still needing a back up PF and starting Small forward. We would not have room to sign a star! Do you see?

    For the record, I expect JT to be traded freeing up around 8 mil. That may get us into Bradely Beal or Harrison Barnes territory, but neither are stars at this point. Although they could be!

    DH12 has most certainly had mud thrown on his shine. But he's still the most dominant player we have a **** at. Well dominant when he wants to be is better stated.
    Last edited by SB75; 05-24-2016 at 03:01 PM.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,611
    OH well, we both know the Hawks will make no major moves. They'll resign Al or if they don't they'll sign somebody else cheaper and worse like Howard. They might sign a real cheapo FA and that's about all they'll do. It's the same old Hawks.
    I'm not crazy, just a bit deranged is all.

  13. #28
    Splendid! An awe-inspiring blend of the ordinary embarrassments of existence with the more profound topics that direct us as the years progressed. I never thought a rodent, especially the long-dead assortment, could convey such significance. Very much done all around.
    Best Dissertation

  14. 03-16-2020, 05:14 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •