Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).

Most Impressive title run?

Not all title runs are created equal. Last year, for examples, the Warriors' title was shrugged off by some (I am not among them) because of injuries that occurred that year, which kept OKC out of the playoffs, and left a depleted Cavs roster open to attack.

This year they proved that it was no fluke, and are making short work of two healthy playoffs teams in the West without their best player (though they have against escaped the Clippers match-up).

But which title runs were the most impressive? For me, I have to go with the 95 Rockets. Rudy T's 'never underestimate the heart of a champion' speech might have been a little kitsch, but it was fitting. Those Rockets were the only team to ever beat the teams with the 4 best records in the league and are the only team to achieve that.

I thought the Pistons' run in 89 was impressive as they beat the both of the 80's most dominant dynasties (Boston and LA) and the dynasty that was to take over in the 90's (the Bulls), and though none of those teams were where they were in their primes, it was still an impressive accomplishment on paper. To say you beat Bird's Celtics, Magic's Lakers, and Jordan's Bulls in a single playoff run is amazing. Problem is, Bird was out that year with injury. Though beating Reggie's Pacers, Ewing's Knicks, Jordan's Bulls and Drexler's Blazers the following year was also impressive.

What was the most impressive title run for you?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I hate the Lakers but '01 was impressive

Laker 2001, where they pretty much swept everyone except for the one man army in Philly.
    Quote Originally Posted by P&GRealist View Post
    Sometimes, perception isn't reality.

But Tittays are forever.

I FOUND THE LEGENDARY THREAD

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...es-to-Redskins

Lakers oh one run

Rockets like you mentioned. Both titles they won back in the 90s were equally impressive.

Dallas was impressive too when they win it all.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    Laker 2001, where they pretty much swept everyone except for the one man army in Philly.
    One man army? I know Mutombo did a lot, but he had help.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal827 View Post
    they only lost a game because they were on an extended vacation waiting for Philly to get there....

Easily the most impressive title run for me. The Lakers killed everyone.

I will say, the best team I have seen is the 2014 Spurs though. After game 4 against Dallas, they played the most beautiful basketball I have ever watched.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Damn Allen Iverson for being invincible one game, screwing up what should've been a sweep of the playoff free world!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Damn Allen Iverson for being invincible one game, screwing up what should've been a sweep of the playoff free world!
    the real problem is your boy Kobe sucked the floor up, and the Lakers bench offered nothing in game 1. The Lakers looked like they had been on a beach for 2 weeks waiting, except Shaq and his 40/20 game...

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    the real problem is your boy Kobe sucked the floor up, and the Lakers bench offered nothing in game 1. The Lakers looked like they had been on a beach for 2 weeks waiting, except Shaq and his 40/20 game...
    Well with all that it still went to OT. There was no excuse, AI just couldn't be stopped.

I would say Dallas Mavericks 2011 - They were the underdogs in 3 of the 4 series, especially against a Heat team in the finals.

1983 Sixers

Quote Originally Posted by Moyaz View Post
    I would say Dallas Mavericks 2011 - They were the underdogs in 3 of the 4 series, especially against a Heat team in the finals.
    Pretty sure they were underdogs the whole way, no?

Most recently I'd say the Mavs. Dirk was legendary that year and had one of the best post seasons ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    Well with all that it still went to OT. There was no excuse, AI just couldn't be stopped.
    41 shot attempts dude. Lakers, outside Shaq, were sleepwalking through that game. I don't blame them, they had just dismantled the Spurs just short of 2 weeks earlier.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast