• D

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

***2016 Detroit Lions Draft Recap & UDFA Watch

Detroit Lions Draft Recap & UDFA Watch
    2016 Detroit Lions Draft Picks

1st rd; 16th Overall: Taylor Decker (OT, Ohio St)

2nd rd; 46th Overall: A'Shawn Robinson (DT, Alabama)

3rd rd; 95th Overall: Graham Glasgow (C, Michigan)

4th rd; 111th Overall: Miles Killebrew (S, Southern Utah)

4th rd; 151st Overall: Joe Dahl (OT/OG, Washington St)

5th rd; 169th Overall: Antwione Williams (LB, Georgia Southern)

6th rd; 191st Overall: Jake Rudock (QB, Michigan)

6th rd; 202nd Overall: Anthony Zettel (DE/DT, Penn St)

6th rd; 210th Overall: Jimmy Landes (LS, Baylor)

7th rd; 236th Overall: Dwayne Washington (RB, Washington)
    List of Detroit Lions Undrafted Free Agents
    http://www.prideofdetroit.com/2016/4...-agent-tracker

TE Adam Fuehne (Southern Illinois)
    OG Chase Farris (Ohio State)
    WR Jay Lee (Baylor)
    OG Andrew Zeller (Maryland)
    CB Charles Washington (Fresno State)
    DE Deonte Gibson (Northwestern)
    CB Adairius Barnes (Louisiana Tech)
    WR Quinshad David (North Carolina)
    LB James DeLoach (Georgia)
    TE Cole Wick (UIW)
    WR Jace Billingsley (Eastern Oregon)

Detroit Lions Draft Game Results (check yourself for mistakes)
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ons-Draft-Game

1st) LFLOL: 5(Decker)+1(Glasgow)=6
    *tiebreaker* Slot 1; Round 1

2nd) JWO35: 3(Decker)+3(Zettel)=6

3rd) Whooligun: 2(Decker)+1(Dahl)+1(Rudock)=4
    *tiebreaker* More correct players predicted

4th) Strive: 1(Glasgow)+3(Rudock)=4

T-5th) RB#20 1(Rudock)

T-5th) Tigers.6: 1(Robinson)

T-5th) LFFS: 1(Glasgow)

8th) Garnotm: 0

If you don't like the tiebreakers feel free to raise hell!
    Last edited by JWO35; 05-01-2016 at 09:35 AM.

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

idunno why but the UDFA list is always exciting lol

Is that how we ended up with Zenner?

Overall I'd say a B for this class. It's not going to wow you and some of the later picks look pretty bad right now but the goal was to fix the lines (offensive especially) and the Lions did everything they could to do so. I'm happy enough with that.

Baylor WR Jay Lee signs with the #Lions Iím a big fan of his. Very good player.
    via Shane P. Hallam

RB#20's guy!

Adam Fuehne TE Southern Illinois to #Lions
    via Mike Lyko on twitter

Sure, why not?

👑

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    via Shane P. Hallam

RB#20's guy!

via Mike Lyko on twitter

Sure, why not?
    Man we got a good football player on Jay Lee. How a player like this doesn't get drafted but a ****ing longsnapper does is beyond me. Oh well as long as we got him I don't care. YES! I give this draft a solid B. I had it on B- but honestly it could even be an A. I really like what we did over these past 3 days and already got one of my top UDFA in Jay Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by JWO35 View Post
    Detroit Lions Draft Recap & UDFA Watch
    1 pt for picking Jay Lee in the draft game. No tiebreaker needed

Love the Quinshad Davis & Lay Lee signings.

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    Love the Quinshad Davis & Lay Lee signings.
    Does that mean that I become the sole owner of the 5th place spot?

For Quinn's first draft, it was okay...It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good. B-. For a team with 10 picks, I was expecting a bit more aggressive approach. The early safe picks were expected, but they didn't really make any great picks or any moves at all on day 3. I was really hope they'd make a run after Billings, Day or even Cook. Anything to make some sort of noise.

To me, I thought it was really important to land a good DE, CB & QB, since we're facing 3 giant contracts in the near future at those spots. We basically ignored all 3. I think that's gonna come back to hurt us in a big way.

My grades:

1st rd; 16th Overall: Taylor Decker (OT, Ohio St) B+: Would have rather went with Shaq or traded back, but it was a good pick for what was on the board.

2nd rd; 46th Overall: A'Shawn Robinson (DT, Alabama) B+: Hope he's not another nick fairley with his effort concerns

3rd rd; 95th Overall: Graham Glasgow (C, Michigan) A: Grabbing a 2nd lineman so early makes it a strength of ours now, which I think was a very smart move by Quinn.

4th rd; 111th Overall: Miles Killebrew, S, Southern Utah C: Its not about the player, its about not being more aggressive with 7 picks on day 3. Billings should have been the pick.

5th rd; 151st Overall: Joe Dahl (OT/OG, Washington St) B: Good depth. Would have preferred Westerman for sure though.

5th rd; 169th Overall: Antwione Williams (LB, Georgia Southern) F: DJ White, Moritz Boehringer, Tyrone Holmes, Jerrell Adams, Houston-Carson, Grant, Sudfeld, Morgan, Forrest all went next....

6th rd; 191st Overall: Jake Rudock (QB, Michigan) D: Does not have an NFL arm

6th rd; 202nd Overall: Anthony Zettel (DE/DT, Penn St) B+: Another tweener, but good depth for the line behind Taylor.

6th rd; 210th Overall: Jimmy Landes (LS, Baylor) F: Long snapper over Kavon Frazier, Burbridge, Jalen Mills, Vadal Alexander is a head scratcher

7th rd; 236th Overall: Dwayne Washington (RB, Washington) B: Athletic...worth a shot in 7

UDFAs:

Kyle Christy P Florida
    Adam Fuehne TE Southern Illinois
    Jay Lee WR Baylor
    Andrew Zeller OG Maryland
    Charles Washington CB Fresno State
    Chase Farris OL Ohio State
    Deonte Gibson DL Northwestern
    James DeLoach LB Georgia
    Adairius Barnes CB Louisiana Tech
    Quinshad Davis WR North Carolina
    Alex Jenkins DE UIW-Texas
    Cole Wick TE UIW-Texas
    Jace Billingsly WR Eastern Oregon

For Quinn's first draft, it was okay...It wasn't horrible, but it wasn't good. B-. For a team with 10 picks, I was expecting a bit more aggressive approach. The early safe picks were expected, but they didn't really make any great picks or any moves at all on day 3. I was really hope they'd make a run after Billings, Day or even Cook. Anything to make some sort of noise.

To me, I thought it was really important to land a good DE, CB & QB, since we're facing 3 giant contracts in the near future at those spots. We basically ignored all 3. I think that's gonna come back to hurt us in a big way.

My grades:

1st rd; 16th Overall: Taylor Decker (OT, Ohio St) B+: Would have rather went with Shaq or traded back, but it was a good pick for what was on the board.

2nd rd; 46th Overall: A'Shawn Robinson (DT, Alabama) B+: Hope he's not another nick fairley with his effort concerns

3rd rd; 95th Overall: Graham Glasgow (C, Michigan) A: Grabbing a 2nd lineman so early makes it a strength of ours now, which I think was a very smart move by Quinn.

4th rd; 111th Overall: Miles Killebrew, S, Southern Utah C: Its not about the player, its about not being more aggressive with 7 picks on day 3. Billings should have been the pick.

5th rd; 151st Overall: Joe Dahl (OT/OG, Washington St) B: Good depth. Would have preferred Westerman for sure though.

5th rd; 169th Overall: Antwione Williams (LB, Georgia Southern) F: DJ White, Moritz Boehringer, Tyrone Holmes, Jerrell Adams, Houston-Carson, Grant, Sudfeld, Morgan, Forrest all went next....

6th rd; 191st Overall: Jake Rudock (QB, Michigan) D: Does not have an NFL arm

6th rd; 202nd Overall: Anthony Zettel (DE/DT, Penn St) B+: Another tweener, but good depth for the line behind Taylor.

6th rd; 210th Overall: Jimmy Landes (LS, Baylor) F: Long snapper over Kavon Frazier, Burbridge, Jalen Mills, Vadal Alexander is a head scratcher

7th rd; 236th Overall: Dwayne Washington (RB, Washington) B: Athletic...worth a shot in 7
    Solid breakdown of the draft...I agree with most of your points. The best pick to me was selecting Robinson in the 2nd round. 1st round talent selected in the 2nd gotta love that. The most questionable pick IMO was drafting the LBer out of Georgia Southern. Not only does it appears like a reach, but there were better players on the board IMO. The LS was questionable, but at the end of the 6th round I won't kill Quinn for it. I expect the Rudock talk to be very divisive among Lion fans once the weekend is over. I'm meh on Rudock, but based on who else was there I can't complain too much just wish we had someone who could either push Stafford or send Danny O out of town I don't see Rudock doing either. Zettel & Washington are two intriguing late round picks. Don't know much about either but they seem like the typical "late round project" guy. Plus I love the Jay Lee pickup I hope he can make the roster!

Overall solid draft just wished the Lions went CB early(2nd-4th) and probably drafted a WR in the middle of the draft when there were tons of WR talent left. I give the draft a solid B
    Last edited by JWO35; 04-30-2016 at 09:50 PM.

👑

I liked the first 5 picks but felt like Quinn kind of got sloppy with the next 5. Would have liked to see some movement with the amount of picks we had but I guess I can understand Quinn wanting to get as many of 'his' players into the organization. Not too knowledgable of the Williams LB player too be honest but I would have loved to see Scooby Wright in a Lions uniform. He had injuries in 2015 but his sophomore year was dominate. He went to the Browns in the 7th, I really liked their draft to be honest. I'm on the fence about Rudock, I think he progressed under Harbaugh but like Whooligun said, I don't feel too comfortable about his arm.

OOOOH, and a long snapper?! Seriously, a long snapper, you selected a long snapper? I know Mulbach has been the guy for quite some years now but I feel they could have easily addressed the position after the draft. Was this guy so highly regarded that Quinn felt the need to jump on him in the 6th? Come on.

I gave it a B-...almost a B+

But like every year, we will just have to wait and see to determine what they got out of this draft.

UDFAs:

Kyle Christy P Florida
    Adam Fuehne TE Southern Illinois
    Jay Lee WR Baylor
    Andrew Zeller OG Maryland
    Charles Washington CB Fresno State
    Chase Farris OL Ohio State
    Deonte Gibson DL Northwestern
    James DeLoach LB Georgia
    Adairius Barnes CB Louisiana Tech
    Quinshad Davis WR North Carolina