Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647

Thread: 2016 NHL Draft

Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    Very touching story, yes. He's had a rough year. I couldn't even imagine.
    I agree. Couldn't even imagine. Builds strong character to go through that and be successful.

He was disruptive (in a good way) at U18s for Canada. He is also fast, deceptively quick. And if he was dealing with all that at the same time, he is also mentally strong as iron.

I love that Hextall drafts players like this. If he performed well under those circumstances ... Imagine what he could do when his circumstances are better and he can afford to help his parents. I think we found a gem in him.

His best traits, that I've seen, are his offensive positioning, speed, and his tenacity on both the fore and back check. Middle pairing guy, 40-50 points but has a nice wrist shot. I see more goals than assists coming from him. But a real nice player

Favorite scouting report I've read on German Rubtsov:

Rubtsov was quoted recently saying his goal is to make the KHL team this year. Says the KHL is better than the CHL.

So that should settle any questions over whether he's coming over.

I actually agree with him, as long as he's getting significant TOI. He'd get more TOI in the CHL, and the Flyers would be able to see him, talk to him, coach him up more if he were over here. But if he's playing a regular amount, the KHL is far superior to the CHL in terms of competition and talent level.

Either way, IMO this kid is special and he has the tools to be a very good NHL player down the road. As you all know I've been a big fan of his for a while now, very interested to watch his development.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37454647