Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    IF it's Dray for Ben it is interesting ... but Ben would have to be his best self to make it work, and I think that's pretty unlikely. The Warriors really are MUCH worse without Dray, and it's his talking/leadership as much as his understanding of the game, and Ben is not much of a talker, and not nearly the team defender Dray is.

And that is assuming the Warriors have to send out essentially nothing more than Dray, and the Sixers probably don't really want Dray.
    sixers are in a different situation than they were in 2 months ago. This is a mess. Draymond likely keeps them contending right now. I dont know what other offers there are, but getting draymonds experience and his ability to do most of what Simmons did immediately......that doesnt sound horrible for the 76ers, even if its not what they were expecting a few months ago.

I think warriors have more problems with this trade than the 76ers.... but again... there is a 9-10 million dollar gap (Wiseman??) and that likely ends consideration for the warriors.

wiggins, green, wiseman for Harris, Simmons and a 2024 first?

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    sixers are in a different situation than they were in 2 months ago. This is a mess. Draymond likely keeps them contending right now. I dont know what other offers there are, but getting draymonds experience and his ability to do most of what Simmons did immediately......that doesnt sound horrible for the 76ers, even if its not what they were expecting a few months ago.

I think warriors have more problems with this trade than the 76ers.... but again... there is a 9-10 million dollar gap (Wiseman??) and that likely ends consideration for the warriors.

wiggins, green, wiseman for Harris, Simmons and a 2024 first?
    I really don't think Green is going anywhere ... Wiseman either.

Simmons' mentality is, I think, a total deal breaker for the Warriors.

Kuminga went down. Looks like its similar to the wiseman injury. Hope he gets some run his rookie season.

Kuminga went down. Looks like its similar to the wiseman injury. Hope he gets some run his rookie season.
    I'm sure he will. It does seem really clear Kerr is going to put the rookies deeper on the depth chart than the last 2 years. That said I think they'll earn minutes.

has anyone heard any real information on James Wiseman in the last week? It seems like a couple weeks ago before the road trip- they were saying that he is getting really really close and could be back before thanksgiving. As far as I know, he isnt even fully practicing and he is actually behind Klay at the moment. Klay is on pace to get back in late December.

Thats a bit concerning. I hope they dont just stop talking about Wiseman and sit him another entire season. Thats a guy who really really really needs reps

has anyone heard any real information on James Wiseman in the last week? It seems like a couple weeks ago before the road trip- they were saying that he is getting really really close and could be back before thanksgiving. As far as I know, he isnt even fully practicing and he is actually behind Klay at the moment. Klay is on pace to get back in late December.

Thats a bit concerning. I hope they dont just stop talking about Wiseman and sit him another entire season. Thats a guy who really really really needs reps
    Last I saw he was cleared for practice and targeting around now but no new updates. He did say he’d play in GLeague to get reps and get back up to speed. I suspect he gets a few games there.

Wiseman still not scrimmaging and there are no plans to ramp up his work outs at the moment. No set backs according to Kerr, Just being careful- but I really hope they dont just throw away another year of development for him. If he comes too late- it will be harder and harder to get him into the rotation.

Wiseman still not scrimmaging and there are no plans to ramp up his work outs at the moment. No set backs according to Kerr, Just being careful- but I really hope they dont just throw away another year of development for him. If he comes too late- it will be harder and harder to get him into the rotation.
    There’s likely more going on and they’re just keeping the media in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    There’s likely more going on and they’re just keeping the media in the dark.
    Or it really is that meniscus tears are tough to know their status so they are being super cautious.

Or it really is that meniscus tears are tough to know their status so they are being super cautious.
    the problem is.... if they keep being over cautious.... Wiseman could be in the league 5 yrs and never reach that AD or David Robinson level that we drafted him for.

the problem is.... if they keep being over cautious.... Wiseman could be in the league 5 yrs and never reach that AD or David Robinson level that we drafted him for.
    If he can't get healthy, yes. But that is certainly not the goal.

It's a little funny that AD didn't have a season where he played at least 70 games until his 5th year

Look at it a different way, Wiseman is WAY ahead of Embiid.

If he can't get healthy, yes. But that is certainly not the goal.

It's a little funny that AD didn't have a season where he played at least 70 games until his 5th year

Look at it a different way, Wiseman is WAY ahead of Embiid.
    im starting to think wiseman wont get to 50 games for his first 5 or 6 yrs in the league

im starting to think wiseman wont get to 50 games for his first 5 or 6 yrs in the league
    Yeah, but you are a crazy pessimist and injury denier.

Yeah, but you are a crazy pessimist and injury denier.
    well the facts are the facts with this guy. this is the 3rd straight yr where the guy hasnt been out there getting very important development time..... and thats a concern that isnt magically going to get better if there isnt a level of urgency being made to get him out there on the floor. I really think the longer this stuff plays out- the less likely he is to become that superstar big man that everyone was talking about when he was drafted.

well the facts are the facts with this guy. this is the 3rd straight yr where the guy hasnt been out there getting very important development time..... and thats a concern that isnt magically going to get better if there isnt a level of urgency being made to get him out there on the floor. I really think the longer this stuff plays out- the less likely he is to become that superstar big man that everyone was talking about when he was drafted.
    17 of the 18 years of LeBrons career that guy wasn't out there playing for his team for a number of games. That's a concern that isn't magically going to get better without a level of urgency being made to get him out there on the floor.

You want "urgency" but when people are proactive about health of players you don't like it. He lost college because of a mistake, he lost part of his rookie year because of an injury that happened while he was playing the game. You aren't going to blame him for Covid are you (because he lost time because of that too)?

Young bigs have a long history of teams pushing too fast to get back on the court shortening their careers. Do you want that for Wiseman?

You know players can change their injury history because Curry did it (along with many others)

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast