Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Should the NBA change their playoff round structure ?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - 3-5-7-7

0 0%
  • Yes - 5-5-7-7

2 28.57%
  • Yes - 3-3-5-7

0 0%
  • No

5 71.43%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Something needs to change with the 1st and (possibly) 2nd round of the playoffs

Very little excitement out of the 1/8 2/7 and largely 3/6 match-ups. Would it really be that big of a deal if the NBA switched back to a five game series for the 1st round ? And maybe even a five game series in the 2nd ?

We are going to be in a situation where (more than likely) GS/SA/CLE/MIA are waiting around for the other teams to clinch. I'm not sure it hurts the better teams but it certainly hurts the casual fans of the NBA.

Added a poll with some different structures.

yes, the first round is way too long.

I say 5-5-7-7 sounds right.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

They're not gonna give up all the revenue, so we're stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Zo View Post
    They're not gonna give up all the revenue, so we're stuck.
    This

No way the NBA gives up the millions they make in the useless 1st round games...

👑
    Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    and Syracuse has sucked for years
    Wish my wife's name was Syracuse.

Agreed, Tmac wouldve made the 2nd round had they never made the change which would've helped his legacy amongst the casual fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Agreed, Tmac wouldve made the 2nd round had they never made the change which would've helped his legacy amongst the casual fans.
    Lol

Yep, I always hated the wrap he got for being a subpar playoff performer because his teams lost. If you ignore the end when he came off the bench, and look at his playoff numbers, youre looking at like top 3 playoff numbers EVER. He dominated the playoffs but never had enough help in those situations.

first round should go back to 5 games but not the 2nd.

He's still Barbershop first ballot HOF! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Starks View Post
    He's still Barbershop first ballot HOF! Lol
    I hope so, seems like you have more faith in the laymen than I do

Welcome to the NBA playoffs. Too big, not enough talent, too boring at times. I agree the first round should be shortened again, but I say make it 3. That way we will actually get more upsets while also rewarding 1 and 2 seeds for their regular season play. No more "coast-mode" in the playoffs.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I like the 7 games.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

First round was wild last year from what I remember. Bottom 4 teams in the west just suck except for the Blazers. They're the only team that could make a series interesting in the West. East games have been good other than us blowing out the Hornets but that won't happen every game.

i had to vote no, because the 2nd round should remain at 7 games. But yes, the first round doesn't need to be 7 games.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    Welcome to the NBA playoffs. Too big, not enough talent, too boring at times. I agree the first round should be shortened again, but I say make it 3. That way we will actually get more upsets while also rewarding 1 and 2 seeds for their regular season play. No more "coast-mode" in the playoffs.
    It cant ever be 3... upsets would happen and that basically screws the better seeds... even bad teams can get hot and win 2 out of 3 games in a sport like basketball... i love upsets more than anyone but this would never be fair to the top teams nor good for basketball... the better team should win and if they lost in a 5 or 7 game series then you tip your cap but losing in a 3 game series would just be bull ****.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast