Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279

    Curry, Klay + Dray: Most wins by trio?

    Bird, McHale, and Parish had the record for most wins by a trio, and it was broken by Duncan, Manu, and Parker. The thing is, that trio didn't start playing together until Duncan was already 26.



    The Curry, Klay and Dray, though, started playing together when Curry was 24, and they've been racking up crazy win totals the last couple of years.

    What is the likelihood that they catch up wit this record? TD & Co. have over 700, but the GSW trio has close to a third of that (234 right now).


    Harden, KD and Westy could have chased it, but KD, Westy and Ibaka still could (if they stay together). They have 370.


    Is this an untouchable record? Or does anybody had a chance of breaking this?
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,803
    smfh...

    at 60 wins a year they wouldn't catch them in 8 seasons...

    PSD... where remedial math rules!!!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    smfh...

    at 60 wins a year they wouldn't catch them in 8 seasons...

    PSD... where remedial math rules!!!!!
    I get it. You don't like me. So you use a stawman argument.

    I didn't say they'd get there in 8 years, so how are my math skills remedial?


    Manu, Parker, and Duncan have played together for 14 years; is it so unbelievable that were Curry, Klay, and Dray to play for 13-15 years they might be in position to match or eclipse that total?

    And is it unreasonable to assume that the might have 60-win season over the next couple of seasons?

    I mean... they are on pace for 72 win this year, and got 65 wins last year, and their young core is entering their prime, and they have cap space to bring somebody like KD on board to add to that trio.

    But you would rather take an opportunity to $#!t on somebody than contribute to the conversation.

    Why? Because that is who you are. Have a night cap and listen to some of your Neil Diamond and Barbara Striesand records.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    57,036
    ^ I don't think you know what a strawman argument is.


    Any way.

    It would take crazy longevity to get there. No promises these guys stay together long enough.

    They need to play together for more than a decade, and that just doesn't really happen like it used to.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    9,830
    If this topic ever becomes relevant, I doubt psd will still be around.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    ^ I don't think you know what a strawman argument is.
    A straw man argument:
    "The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e. "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man)

    I ask a question if a trio (Curry/Klay/Dray) could top the win total of TD/Parker/Manu (mind you, I'm not making an argument), VMan then replaces that with "in 8 years they'd have to 60 sixty games a year", 'replacing' my question with an argument set up for failure (I never said 'in 8 years' and put no time line on how long this would take); then bashes that by attacking my math skills and implying it is impossible and that the question or argument is ridiculous.

    Was there another definition of strawman that you were thinking? Or are you one of those people who corrects others about stuff you don't know about?

    Pretty standard strawman actually. Textbook example really.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    57,036
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    A straw man argument:
    "The so-called typical "attacking a straw man" argument creates the illusion of having completely refuted or defeated an opponent's proposition by covertly replacing it with a different proposition (i.e. "stand up a straw man") and then to refute or defeat that false argument ("knock down a straw man") instead of the original proposition" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man)

    I ask a question if a trio (Curry/Klay/Dray) could top the win total of TD/Parker/Manu (mind you, I'm not making an argument), VMan then replaces that with "in 8 years they'd have to 60 sixty games a year", 'replacing' my question with an argument set up for failure (I never said 'in 8 years' and put no time line on how long this would take); then bashes that by attacking my math skills and implying it is impossible and that the question or argument is ridiculous.

    Was there another definition of strawman that you were thinking? Or are you one of those people who corrects others about stuff you don't know about?

    Pretty standard strawman actually. Textbook example really.
    Your question was

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    Is this an untouchable record? Or does anybody had a chance of breaking this?
    His answer was

    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    smfh...

    at 60 wins a year they wouldn't catch them in 8 seasons...

    PSD... where remedial math rules!!!!!

    He answered your question

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    35,351
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Your question was



    His answer was




    He answered your question
    i don't really want to get in this stupid thing you guys are debating, but Vinyl didn't answer the question at all and derailed the thread with his post as evident by this stupid thing you guys are debating and by me jumping in even though i started this post with a "i don't really want to [but i will anyway]" line



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    57,036
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyguy3 View Post
    i don't really want to get in this stupid thing you guys are debating, but Vinyl didn't answer the question at all and derailed the thread with his post as evident by this stupid thing you guys are debating and by me jumping in even though i started this post with a "i don't really want to [but i will anyway]" line
    Then to make this full circle and back to topic.

    The question was....can they beat the Spurs trio?

    Yes, but it would take incredible longevity and great health. At least 8 great seasons worth.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    16,776
    Curry said he wants to be a warriors for life. I dont see anyone of them leaving honestly i could be wrong but they all compliment each other perfectly.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,803
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonJohnHorn View Post
    I get it. You don't like me. So you use a stawman argument.

    I didn't say they'd get there in 8 years, so how are my math skills remedial?


    Manu, Parker, and Duncan have played together for 14 years; is it so unbelievable that were Curry, Klay, and Dray to play for 13-15 years they might be in position to match or eclipse that total?

    And is it unreasonable to assume that the might have 60-win season over the next couple of seasons?

    I mean... they are on pace for 72 win this year, and got 65 wins last year, and their young core is entering their prime, and they have cap space to bring somebody like KD on board to add to that trio.

    But you would rather take an opportunity to $#!t on somebody than contribute to the conversation.

    Why? Because that is who you are. Have a night cap and listen to some of your Neil Diamond and Barbara Striesand records.
    The premise of the thread is idiotic and demonstrates your basic lack of math skills when you combine the age of players, the fact that SA is still adding to the record, and the distance they are from the record...

    your threads are generally pointless and whenever someone points out a different view you take it personally...

    sorry you can't seem to understand that...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    CO
    Posts
    16,610
    Another useless JJH thread. Awesome.
    Time for some hootenanny.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    31,020

    Curry, Klay + Dray: Most wins by trio?

    I'm still trying to figure out how the Warriors averaging 60 wins for the next 8 seasons is some crazy notion.

    The last 3 seasons they've averaged 63 wins a season. Heck the Spurs have averaged 57 wins a season for the last 8 seasons.
    Last edited by valade16; 04-08-2016 at 09:13 AM.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    19,803
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how the Warriors averaging 60 wins for the next 8 seasons is some crazy notion.

    The last 3 seasons they've averaged 63 wins a season. Heck the Spurs have averaged 57 wins a season for the last 8 seasons.
    except those guys haven't averaged 63 wins... this isn't really that difficult

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    Posts
    11,279
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    The premise of the thread is idiotic and demonstrates your basic lack of math skills when you combine the age of players, the fact that SA is still adding to the record, and the distance they are from the record...

    your threads are generally pointless and whenever someone points out a different view you take it personally...

    sorry you can't seem to understand that...
    More personal insults. Great addition to the conversation!

    We get it... you're an @$$#ole who has to insult people you don't like rather than participating in the conversation.

    Had the same question been asked of the Spurs in 06 topping Bird/McHale/Parish,, somebody like you could have easily come up with the same response, and they'd have been wrong.

    Curry is the oldest of the group and he's 27. There's nothing saying he'll only play to 35, and should he, like Kidd and Nash, play until he's 39 or 40, which his shooting ability will allow him to do should he want and barring injury, there's no reasons that this trio couldn't win that many games.

    That said, given that they just won 70 games this year, and won 67 last year, it doesn't seem unreasonable to assume they might have a couple more 65-win seasons over the next could years, and if they keep their core in tack, a couple more 60 wins after that.

    But you'd rather just insult people and claim somebody lacks basic math skills when they haven't even offer a mathematical formula.

    Is this what gets your through the day in life? If so, I suggest you find a more productive outlet.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •