Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,801

    Popovich to Casey - I think you guys are going to finals

    Apparently this was uttered by Gregg Popovic to Dwayne Casey at the end of the game between the Raptors and the Spurs on the weekend.

    What do you think? Is it crazy or could we actually see the Raptors in the finals? I know what the answer would be in my forum, i'm curious what you guys think..
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,762
    It could happen. In 09 most felt the Cavs were better than the Magic.

    But it doesn't really matter since the WCF is the Finals this year.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,801
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    It could happen. In 09 most felt the Cavs were better than the Magic.

    But it doesn't really matter since the WCF is the Finals this year.


    yeah, you right lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    10,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Apparently this was uttered by Gregg Popovic to Dwayne Casey at the end of the game between the Raptors and the Spurs on the weekend.

    What do you think? Is it crazy or could we actually see the Raptors in the finals? I know what the answer would be in my forum, i'm curious what you guys think..

    I think they could. They match up well with the Cavs. It would be a crazy site in Toronto for the 1st home game of the finals if the did make it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    532
    He was being nice...blowing smoke up his ars. I do think the Raptors will put up a better battle than last year. Go to the Finals? No! Cavs have that date.

    DboneG to Popovich - I think you guys are not going to the Finals. And you should retire alone with that Timmie guy.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    56,683
    Big leap from the first round but nice to see Casey and the team getting some recognition.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    23,044
    I don't even think they're a lock to get out of the 1st round tbh.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Posts
    19,518
    I don't know if that's what Pop actually said, I saw the video. But... I'm sure there was some form of praise there. That's who Pop is. Rightfully so though, Raps have had a great year.

    Video below

    https://vine.co/v/iIztM0eOxvD

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    33,485
    Wait but how is that possible when the Celtics are going? I thought only one East team can make it.


    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Toronto, On
    Posts
    34,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers + Giants View Post
    I don't even think they're a lock to get out of the 1st round tbh.
    Bingo.
    If we make it to the second round is amazing in itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

    Homerism at its finest

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    It could happen. In 09 most felt the Cavs were better than the Magic.

    But it doesn't really matter since the WCF is the Finals this year.
    The WCF being the finals this year has to be the oldest ritual in all of sports since like the 90's, and maybe even further back if examined closer, the East just sucks compared to the juggernaut West, when was the last time someone has ever mentioned the East Finals being the Finals? its always the West Conference who owns that in spades

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Apparently this was uttered by Gregg Popovic to Dwayne Casey at the end of the game between the Raptors and the Spurs on the weekend.

    What do you think? Is it crazy or could we actually see the Raptors in the finals? I know what the answer would be in my forum, i'm curious what you guys think..
    If the NBA wants them in the Final's, then thats whats going to happen... Maybe a ploy to get KD to strongly consider the Raps as a destination.

    Or Popovic knows something we don't no... The only way I can see the Cav's not in the Final's, is if Lbj doesn't play.


    Cav's beat ATL last year without Irving & Love; are people thinking that this raptors team is better then the ATL team last season. I don't no the answer to that.







    Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    15,762
    Quote Originally Posted by europagnpilgrim View Post
    The WCF being the finals this year has to be the oldest ritual in all of sports since like the 90's, and maybe even further back if examined closer, the East just sucks compared to the juggernaut West, when was the last time someone has ever mentioned the East Finals being the Finals? its always the West Conference who owns that in spades
    For like 15 years it was take your pick of Celtics, Pistons, and Bulls. Now it's switched over to the West. Everything goes in a cycle.

    Make a point please.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •