Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Where Does Duncan Stand Today?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Top-20

1 11.11%
  • Top-15

1 11.11%
  • Top-10

2 22.22%
  • Top-7

5 55.56%

Where does Duncan rank right now?

He's averaging 9/8/3 in 25 minutes posting a 109 ORtg, 53ts% 0.175 WS, along with good defense. Per36 he's at 12/11/4. Is he still a top-10 center? Guys in the league that you could argue ahead of him that are healthy right now include Cousins, Drummond, Horford, Vucevic, Dwight, DeAndre, Bogut, Gobert, maybe a couple others that i've forgotten or purposefully left off the list because they're moreso PFs.

So, is he top-10? Top-8? Top-?

smh... So no Whiteside.

He's a top 20 center right now, where the league is going in a different direction from the traditional big man.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade County View Post
    smh... So no Whiteside.

He's a top 20 center right now, where the league is going in a different direction from the traditional big man.
    "Maybe a couple others I forgot"

So, I answered all-time, not right now. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Greet View Post
    "Maybe a couple others I forgot"
    Yeah, lol

You cant forget Whiteside name when bringing up centers.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    As a rookie Micheal Beasley averaged 13.9pts per game on .472 shooting. Do you know how many times Kobe Bryant or Tracy Mcgrady shot at that percent or better? Never in there whole careers. If Beas can be what he was when he was a rookie (he won't hell be better) then the heat are coming away with another steal.

Where does Duncan rank right now?

Probably still top 10

Tim Duncan is, somehow, still the best help-defender in basketball and one of the 10 best defensive players period. The only guys I'd take over him on that end for sure are Draymond, Kawhi, Gobert, KCP, Paul George, Tony Allen and DeAndre. Throw in LeBron when he's trying. That in itself makes him a top-10 center, especially when you consider how much he paces himself offensively. The idea that he impacts a game less than someone like Vucevic or Bogut is ridiculous. He's obviously behind Cousins, Drummond, DeAndre, Marc Gasol and Horford, but otherwise I'd probably take him over anyone else.

Soft batch Timmie is in the top 15. There are a lot of guys running the floor better, playing one-on-one defense better, scoring better, working the pick and roll offensively and defensively better... I'd be hard pressed to put "Soft-batch Timmie" in the top 10.

Tim as in Timid.

Tim as in Timothy

Tim as in Thank you! David Robinson!

without really digging into it, borderline top 10, for sure top 15. He doesn't have the offensive impact anymore, but is still an excellent defender. But with such a limit on minutes, and missing games, it's difficult to put him up there with guys producing better offensively with much more of a burden

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

I'd love to know what would happen if he and Demarcus Cousins had switched teams at the start of the season.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I'd love to know what would happen if he and Demarcus Cousins had switched teams at the start of the season.
    If Cousins bought in to Pop's vision and system? Sky is the limit. Look at what the Spurs did for LMA's advanced numbers. TS% went from .528 to .567, WS/48 went from .165 to .222, Ortg went from 108 to 115. Not to mention LMA is playing good defense and the Spurs are a defensive juggernaught with him.

Short of Cousins immaturity, I see no reason on the court why Cousins wouldn't have been massively successful with the Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    If Cousins bought in to Pop's vision and system? Sky is the limit. Look at what the Spurs did for LMA's advanced numbers. TS% went from .528 to .567, WS/48 went from .165 to .222, Ortg went from 108 to 115. Not to mention LMA is playing good defense and the Spurs are a defensive juggernaught with him.

Short of Cousins immaturity, I see no reason on the court why Cousins wouldn't have been massively successful with the Spurs.
    So how many wins would the Spurs have right now?
    And what happens in Sacto?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Windsor, Earth's Rectum (as reported by Stephen Colbert).
    I likely couldn't name ten guys I'd rather have on my roster in a 7-game series, and that says a lot.
    Why did the chicken cross the basketball court?
    Because he heard the refs were blowing fowls.

I also voted for All-time. It honestly depends, tbh. He's very limited to playing time so if we're going by immediate impact, he's still top 10 easily. But since he's limited, needs time to rest, can't play long stretches, taking those facets into consideration, you might have to drop him down to max, top 15-20.