Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

2016 Team Prediction Contest - April

This is the first month of the monthly team prediction contest. For team PSD the monthly questions will be listed in three sections, hitting questions, pitching/defense questions and team/misc questions. We will rotate who answers which section on a monthly basis. All of you will also be asked to answer a free for all question. The scoring for each question is outlined after the question itself. The first 7 questions are worth a maximum of 3 points a piece, question 8 is worth potentially 5 points and the free for all question is worth a total of 4 points. Feel free to either post your answers here or private message them to me. Good luck to all.

Hitting Questions - jrm
    1. Which Pirate hitter will have the most strikeouts in the month of April and how many will they have? (1 point for the correct player, 1 point for being within 2, 1 point for the *best answer)

2. Which Pirate will hit the teamís first home run of the season? (3 points for the correct answer)

3. How many stolen bases will the outfield trio of Marte, McCutchen and Polanco have in April? (1 point for being within 1, 1 additional point for an exact answer, 1 point for being the closest)

Pitching/Defense Questions - ManRam
    4. Which relief pitcher will have the most strikeouts in April and how many will they have? (1 point for the correct player, 1 point for being within 2, 1 point for the *best answer)

5. Which Pirates starting pitcher will be the first to complete 7 full innings in a start? (3 points for the correct answer)

6. How many stolen bases will the Pirates allow in April? (1 point for being within 1, 1 additional point for an exact answer, 1 point for being the closest)

Team/Misc Questions - WVNowitzki
    7. Who will finish with more PA in April the Pirates pitchers or the combination of Sean Rodriguez and Chris Stewart and how many PA will the winning side have? (2 points for picking the right group, 1 point for being within 3 PA)

8. How many games will the Pirates win in the month of April? (1 point for being within 2, 2 additional points for being within 1, 1 additional point for an exact answer, 1 point for the closest answer)

Free For All - Everyone
    9. How many times as a team will the Pirates strikeout in April? (3 points for the closest team average, 1 point for the closest individual answer)

*best answer - picking the correct player will be worth 2.5 strike outs. Meaning if you are only person to pick the correct player one of the others answering that question would have to be 3 strike outs closer than you to get the best answer point.
    Follow Me On Twitter: @battling_bucs

Getting a little concerned that there have been no answers so far. Due to this and to give each team a bit more buffer I'm going to push back the deadline for answers until the start of the second game of the season. The one caveat to this though is that questions 2 and 5 are not eligible for this roll back. To get credit for those questions I'll need an answer prior to first pitch on Opening Day.

1. Which Pirate hitter will have the most strikeouts in the month of April and how many will they have? (1 point for the correct player, 1 point for being within 2, 1 point for the *best answer)
    Polanco 6

2. Which Pirate will hit the teamís first home run of the season? (3 points for the correct answer)

Sterling Marte

3. How many stolen bases will the outfield trio of Marte, McCutchen and Polanco have in April? (1 point for being within 1, 1 additional point for an exact answer, 1 point for being the closest)

Free For All - Everyone
    9. How many times as a team will the Pirates strikeout in April? (3 points for the closest team average, 1 point for the closest individual answer)
    Last edited by jrm2054; 04-07-2016 at 10:03 AM. Reason: #9

4. Which relief pitcher will have the most strikeouts in April and how many will they have? (1 point for the correct player, 1 point for being within 2, 1 point for the *best answer)

Caminero - 13

5. Which Pirates starting pitcher will be the first to complete 7 full innings in a start? (3 points for the correct answer)

Gerrit Cole

6. How many stolen bases will the Pirates allow in April? (1 point for being within 1, 1 additional point for an exact answer, 1 point for being the closest)

An impressively tough question...

Umm...18!?!

Free For All - Everyone

this my sig

A bit disappointing WV didn't submit his entry. None of the two teams over at PSF had all there people participate either.

I'm going to try to work out a fix for this.

Ya 3 points lol

I have decided to drop questions 7 and 8 from this month's contest. In addition the one point awarded for the closest guess on question 9 has also been eliminated. The two teams over at PSF have been combined into one as well.

Starting next month I will ask 5 questions that everyone will answer and the average of those results will be this forum's entry.

I apologize for altering the contest rules after it has begun but it was a necessary step due to each of the three teams missing a representative.