Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

8th seed discussion

In the west there is a tight race between Memphis, Portland, Houston, Dallas, and Utah for playoff seating. The East is even tighter. What team makes the playoffs, what seed do they get, and who gets left out? Discuss

2011 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football Champion!
    2013 Denver Bronco PSD Forum Fantasy Football 2nd Place

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman5219 View Post
    In the west there is a tight race between Memphis, Portland, Houston, Dallas, and Utah for playoff seating. The East is even tighter. What team makes the playoffs, what seed do they get, and who gets left out? Discuss

East...fighting for the 8th spot.
    Chicago
    Detroit
    Washington

All three teams are playing uninspired basketball. Chicago..full of injuries. Detroit...Reggie Jackson not consistent enough, Andre Drummond can play only 31/2 quarters because he can't hit free throws. Washington...John Walls don't shoot well, too many TO's, average players, average bench,average coach.

Who cares, they will be meat for Cleveland.

West....fighting for the 8th spot.
    Dallas
    Utah
    Denver...don't really have a chance the way they are playing.

Dallas...I would think would be the favorite to get this last spot. Dirk is doing all he can to will them there. Head case Deron Williams should just retire. Wes Matthews is not right, Chandler Parsons is not right, something is going on with both guys. Utah...is starting to jell, Gordon Hayward is having a good season, other guys are playing very well...no superstar on this team. That being said. If they make the playoffs with no superstar, there might be a shift in thinking in the NBA..Boston, Utah.

It's going to come down to the wire in the west. My team is the Rockets but we aren't going anywhere even if we do get the 8th seed.

Memphis has about a 5 game lead dude. Have you even looked at the standings. They pretty much have the 5 seed and it's not that close.

8th seed discussion

Memphis always gets disrespected. Nothing new here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrfadeawayJB View Post
    If the season ended today you would be playing the Clippers. I don't mind Memphis. Never did. Would like to see them advance past LA if that's who they play. I wouldn't worry. Not sure why the OP mentioned your team as a possible 8 seed. As of now you have a 5 game lead ahead of the 8 seed in the west. You're in good shape to make the playoffs. Again, it goes back to what you said, they don't get the respect they deserve.

I dont see Dallas making playoffs in the West. Dallas has very difficult schedule down the stretch and has a couple of games coming up against Utah and if Utah can win those games I think Dallas is the odd team out. Having said this Memphis is so dinged up that they might actually be the team that comes close to not making it but I ultimately think that Memphis holds on.

I see Detroit as the team that does not make playoffs out east. Surging Washington and Chicago getting healthy
    El Presidente

Your coach beat LeBron/Kyrie/Love with a lineup of:

Mario Chalmers
    JaMychal Green
    P.J. Hairston
    Tony Allen
    Ryan Hollins

He gets nothing but respect from me. But the Grizz aren't doing anything in the playoffs this year thanks to these injuries.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Your coach beat LeBron/Kyrie/Love with a lineup of:

Mario Chalmers
    JaMychal Green
    P.J. Hairston
    Tony Allen
    Ryan Hollins

He gets nothing but respect from me. But the Grizz aren't doing anything in the playoffs this year thanks to these injuries.

Once Gasol got hurt it really killed the chances of a championship run. But honestly it's probably gonna be between GS and SA.

In the East I would like to see Detroit make it in as an 8 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClutchTime View Post
    If the season ended today you would be playing the Clippers. I don't mind Memphis. Never did. Would like to see them advance past LA if that's who they play. I wouldn't worry. Not sure why the OP mentioned your team as a possible 8 seed. As of now you have a 5 game lead ahead of the 8 seed in the west. You're in good shape to make the playoffs. Again, it goes back to what you said, they don't get the respect they deserve.
    Oh chill out, when I made this thread, Portland was on a win streak and most of Memphis starters were injured. No disrespect to Griz fan's, I actually really like their Defense and team approach to the game, it is a shame that Gasol is hurt, as I do believe they would have been a dark horse in the west.

I love this time of year because for these teams the playoffs are now, every game matters... probably true whomever gets the 7th or 8th will get swept in either conference, but I think there is something to be said when you get playoff status vrs just barely missing out. It makes the final weeks on the NBA fun to watch.

I think Dallas and Portland would give the Warriors a little bit of a scare sort of like New Orleans, they would end up getting swept, MAYBE 4-1 at a stretch but a couple of the games will be really tight up until the last 5 minutes (or the Dubs will build up a huge lead and then throw it away and Curry will have to play a 4th quarter, which we all know he hates doing).
    Aside from the 80s. The NBA has never been this good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman5219:30807284
    Oh chill out, when I made this thread, Portland was on a win streak and most of Memphis starters were injured. No disrespect to Griz fan's, I actually really like their Defense and team approach to the game, it is a shame that Gasol is hurt, as I do believe they would have been a dark horse in the west.

I love this time of year because for these teams the playoffs are now, every game matters... probably true whomever gets the 7th or 8th will get swept in either conference, but I think there is something to be said when you get playoff status vrs just barely missing out. It makes the final weeks on the NBA fun to watch.
    I wasn't trying to be mean about it. Sorry if you took that comment the wrong way but I agree with this time of the year being the most important. It shows which teams want it more and especially with how tight the conference is for the final couple spots in the East and West just makes it that more fun to watch.

I wasn't trying to be mean about it. Sorry if you took that comment the wrong way but I agree with this time of the year being the most important. It shows which teams want it more and especially with how tight the conference is for the final couple spots in the East and West just makes it that more fun to watch.
    Respect back to you.... If you're and NBA fan, you love this time of year!

Indiana 37-33
    Chicago 36-33
    Detroit 37-34
    Washington 35-35

Here are the remaining schedules
    IND: NOP, @BRK, HOU, CHI, ORL, @PHI, @NYK, CLE, @TOR, BRK, NYK, @MIL
    twelve games left, with 7 at home

CHI: NYK, @NYK, @ORL, ATL, @IND, @HOU, DET, @MIL, @MEM, @MIA, CLE, @NOP, PHI
    thirteen games left, with 8 on the road

DET: ORL, CHA, ATL, OKC, DAL, @CHI, @MIA, @ORL, WAS, MIA, @CLE
    eleven games left, with 7 at home

WAS: ATL, MIN, @LAL, @GSW, @SAC, @PHO, @LAC, BRK, @DET, CHA, @BRK, ATL
    twelve games left, with 7 on the road

it's even tighter now for the 7th and 8th slots

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast