Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Who are the top 5 coaches in the NBA

I'll make my list later, I'm just trying to get a read on what the fans think

Pop
    Brad Stevens
    Lebron
    Rick Carlisle

Everyone else

[CENTER]Celts, Sox, Pats, Bruins

I think this year has been a good year to spotlight good coaches (and bad) and it's kind of exciting to struggle through ranking these guys when it's been fairly easy in years past. I'll go strictly off of my opinion of coaches this year (hence why Carlisle isn't up there)

1. Popp
    2. Stevens
    3. Kerr (hate to do it, but being out for so long pushed him down a spot)
    4. Casey
    5. Clifford

All of these guys have their teams overachieving beyond what people thought they would do this year. 3/5 teams don't have a guy playing over 35 minutes, and 3/5 of these teams don't have any guys who would be considered top 3 at their position.

Quote Originally Posted by celticsman2009 View Post
    Pop
    Brad Stevens
    Lebron
    Rick Carlisle

Everyone else
    why carlilse? he hasn't won a playoff round in over 5 years. He's not relevant. Also he never was relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by cmellofan15 View Post
    I think this year has been a good year to spotlight good coaches (and bad) and it's kind of exciting to struggle through ranking these guys when it's been fairly easy in years past. I'll go strictly off of my opinion of coaches this year (hence why Carlisle isn't up there)

1. Popp
    2. Stevens
    3. Kerr (hate to do it, but being out for so long pushed him down a spot)
    4. Casey
    5. Clifford

All of these guys have their teams overachieving beyond what people thought they would do this year. 3/5 teams don't have a guy playing over 35 minutes, and 3/5 of these teams don't have any guys who would be considered top 3 at their position.
    Who is Clifford? I like your list though.

For me,

Tier 1
    Pops
    Kerr
    Jim Carrey

Tier 2
    Brad Stevens
    Spoelstra
    Miami HEAT

I only post when it's playoffs time

Quote Originally Posted by CHANGO View Post
    For me,

Tier 1
    Pops
    Kerr
    Jim Carrey

Tier 2
    Brad Stevens
    Spoelstra
    Why Jim Carry what has he done in the last 5 years? Infact what has he ever done.

Rode the best three point shooting ROSTER EVER to one playoff run against NO SPURS, LAKERS BREAKING UP, NOT READY MIAMI TEAM COACHED BY THE ONLY COACH IN THE NBA WORSE THAN JIM CARREY

Luke Walton is 100 times better than Jim carrey

Yes, he counts he coached in the NBA and still is a coach. He will be the highest paid coach in the NBA for the Knicks next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Gametime View Post
    Why Jim Carry what has he done in the last 5 years? Infact what has he ever done.

Rode the best three point shooting ROSTER EVER to one playoff run against NO SPURS, LAKERS BREAKING UP, NOT READY MIAMI TEAM COACHED BY THE ONLY COACH IN THE NBA WORSE THAN JIM CARREY

Yes, he counts he coached in the NBA and still is a coach. He will be the highest paid coach in the NBA for the Knicks next season.
    So when you said you wanted to get a read on what fans thought, you really just wanted to attack Jim Carrey over and over again? You should watch The Truman Show and Man on the Moon, I'd say it's his finest work.

Quote Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
    So when you said you wanted to get a read on what fans thought, you really just wanted to attack Jim Carrey over and over again? You should watch The Truman Show and Man on the Moon, I'd say it's his finest work.
    LMAO, didn't realize he was the OP. I was just going to say that.
    Miami HEAT

LMAO, didn't realize he was the OP. I was just going to say that.
    Hahaha, Carlisle doesn't deserve that shade.

I was right about knowing that most fans are programed by the Dirk hating media. Carlisle has never accomplished anything or beat a team that he wasn't supposed to beat. Even if he had the credit goes to his best players or superstars.

Walton is not a coach, he is an assistant coach.

Have you seen Carrey's teams?

Since 2008 Mavs have only missed 1 postseason run, and that was a 41-41 season on the Wild Wild West.

His team almost always the underdog on the last 4 years played great teams on the first round, 11-12 Thunder, 12-13 Spurs, 13-14 missed playoffs, 14-15 Rockets. Any correlation between those teams? Yes. Thunder went to the Finals on 11-12, Spurs went to the Finals on 12-13 (Mavs almost beat them in 7 hard fought games) and Rockets went to the WCF.

Now he's doing the best with what he have, the offense is all thanks to him, he have ****ing Felton, Barea, Harris, Old Dirk, Pachulia, D-Will, producing numbers and defending. The 2 important additions the team made were injured, that's it.
    Miami HEAT

I was right about knowing that most fans are programed by the Dirk hating media. Carlisle has never accomplished anything or beat a team that he wasn't supposed to beat. Even if he had the credit goes to his best players or superstars.
    I'm with you here bud, that's why I think Walton is overrated, I mean, all those wins are thanks to Curry, Green, Klay, etc... WE KNOW THAT thanks to your incredible analysis.
    Miami HEAT

Walton is not a coach, he is an assistant coach.

Have you seen Carrey's teams?

Since 2008 Mavs have only missed 1 postseason run, and that was a 41-41 season on the Wild Wild West.

His team almost always the underdog on the last 4 years played great teams on the first round, 11-12 Thunder, 12-13 Spurs, 13-14 missed playoffs, 14-15 Rockets. Any correlation between those teams? Yes. Thunder went to the Finals on 11-12, Spurs went to the Finals on 12-13 (Mavs almost beat them in 7 hard fought games) and Rockets went to the WCF.

Now he's doing the best with what he have, the offense is all thanks to him, he have ****ing Felton, Barea, Harris, Old Dirk, Pachulia, D-Will, producing numbers and defending. The 2 important additions the team made were injured, that's it.
    Barea won a Championship granted he was in Miami playing at home and that helped him I think.
    Harris is only 32, Paculia is only 30, D Will is only 31,
    Dirk is an all time great.

Slaon was winning 60 games when Malone was Dirk's age.

carlislse gets the 8th seed about eveyr year.

I don't see how we should throw a parade for that

they had Jae Crowder and Rondo who Carlisle didn't like, yet they are tearing up the league now for other coaches.

Carlisle actually benched a rookie guard that was shooting 52% 41% and 84%

Don't see how making the 8th seed with probably the best PF ever for this kind of era (three point era) is worth putting him at 5th.

When you have coaches like Dave Joeger who has NOTHING. His best and only good player is Matt ******* Barnes and he's going to win 50 games again and get a high seed.

Also this coach gave the Warriors the best test last season in the playoffs.

People thought the Mavs were going to beat the Heat?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast