Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Rumored trade: Kevin Love for C.J. McCollum

I heard this rumored and I wonder if it's a good idea.

I do think that a Lillard/McCollum backcourt is not good enough defensively to work long-term however I'm not sure if Love is the guy we should cash McCollum in for (if we decide to trade him).

Love did play HS ball here so he may want to come back. Do you think this trade would be a good idea?

Thing is CJ is on rookie deal yet where Love is on max deal.

C.J. McCollum $2,525,160 $3,219,579 $4,385,067

Kevin Love $19,689,000 $21,165,675 $22,642,350 $24,119,025 $25,595,700

Be hard to get equal value beside getting the salaries close. So you would have to toss in a few more players to get it close salary wise. CJ, Henderson, Davis for Love works. Leaves ya a bit thin at SG though. Unless Cavs send a cheap end of bench SG back like Jones or Cunningham.

We have the cap space to easily afford love.

The more I think about it the more that this trade could really work for Portland. Love would fit stotts' system really well and be used a lot like how Dirk was in Dallas. And let's face it as good as CJ is, he and Dame in the backcourt are really undersized defensively.

Love would be pissed. He signed with the Cavs over all other teams...he didn't even shop around. He wanted to play for a contender as well. I don't believe he would be happy to be shipped over to us. Yes he would fit our system . Thought he wouldn't be mad at us I think he would regress over the next couple years. He is starting to slide out of his prime I think. He is so expensive...

LeBron did this to them last time. Forcing them to sign outrages contracts to players that Lebron liked and then he just leaves them with nothing.
    So Say We All!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kao Sorn:30717345
    Love would be pissed. He signed with the Cavs over all other teams...he didn't even shop around. He wanted to play for a contender as well. I don't believe he would be happy to be shipped over to us. Yes he would fit our system . Thought he wouldn't be mad at us I think he would regress over the next couple years. He is starting to slide out of his prime I think. He is so expensive...

LeBron did this to them last time. Forcing them to sign outrages contracts to players that Lebron liked and then he just leaves them with nothing.
    Same thing happened to bosh when he played with lebron. Now look at him now that lebron is gone. Love is the third option on that team just like what bosh was.

CJ'S court vision is so horrible.

Send him to sixers for Okafor.

Quote Originally Posted by BChydro86 View Post
    Send him to sixers for Okafor.
    I've been hearing that lately. And today i hear on a blazer podcast they think Oladipo Vucecvic and this 11th pick for McCollum & Aminu is a fair deal. Then snickered how they have no problem putting Aminu in the deal. Yea i bet.

Its a crap deal,and now with Vogel, Oladipo is our best asset. Im do Vucecvic our 11th and something else in there for Cj , nothing more
    And with the 1st pick, the New York Football Giants select

This isn't 2014
    Love's value has dropped considerably
    Little about him would be good for a young team IMO
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    Thing is CJ is on rookie deal yet where Love is on max deal.

C.J. McCollum $2,525,160 $3,219,579 $4,385,067

Kevin Love $19,689,000 $21,165,675 $22,642,350 $24,119,025 $25,595,700

Be hard to get equal value beside getting the salaries close. So you would have to toss in a few more players to get it close salary wise. CJ, Henderson, Davis for Love works. Leaves ya a bit thin at SG though. Unless Cavs send a cheap end of bench SG back like Jones or Cunningham.
    Rookie contracts are for 3 years so CJ has been playing on his extended contract which pays him $24M this year. Love is set to make $22M this year so a trade would work straight up for those two. I would make that trade in a second. Turner easily slides into the 2 guard role and it may work even better. Turner isn't a scorer and he has point guard skills while Lillard is a scorer and plays like a shooting guard. Turner gives them size in the backcourt and makes them defensively better by a mile. Lillard, Turner, Harkless, Love and Nurkic would make a pretty good line up, even in the West.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Rookie contracts are for 3 years so CJ has been playing on his extended contract which pays him $24M this year. Love is set to make $22M this year so a trade would work straight up for those two. I would make that trade in a second. Turner easily slides into the 2 guard role and it may work even better. Turner isn't a scorer and he has point guard skills while Lillard is a scorer and plays like a shooting guard. Turner gives them size in the backcourt and makes them defensively better by a mile. Lillard, Turner, Harkless, Love and Nurkic would make a pretty good line up, even in the West.
    I posted that over a year ago.