Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 216 of 219 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3273
    Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    All that love for deee westbrook and he is wr5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remind sue of the Tajae Sharp signing to be honest.

Brian O'Neill signed a 5 year extension worth 92.5 million
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 09-08-2021 at 01:56 PM.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm glad we locked him down. He's amazing blocking for the run!
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm glad but...that's a TON for a right tackle...ton
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Any word on why Dantzler is in Zimmer's doghouse?

He was the top rated rookie cornerback per PFF grading last year and now he isn't even on the field. Zimmer is also saying “First of all he has to play special teams. If you’re a backup player you have to play special teams.”

There's no way he could be worse than Breeland was last week. Right?
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Also saw some stuff saying the 49ers are interested in Dantzler. Not sure how credible it is though.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Also saw some stuff saying the 49ers are interested in Dantzler. Not sure how credible it is though.
    I'm not going to lie, the handling of Dantzler and the whole situation to me just makes me lose hope. I feel like Dantzler was probably pissed they went out and signed 3 CBs and probably started camp at CB4. I'm assuming he probably hs a sour attitude and as Zimmer has "alluded" to he isn't trying to willing to participate in special Teams.

Breeland was the worst player on the D last week and Hand was not any better. Dantzler should have been in at the end of Q1. Instead of harboring his development I feel like Zimmer completely failed him and he will end up being traded or request a trade before the end of the season.

Also I think it's important that Zimmer is no longer allowed to even hint that he wants/likes a CB in round 1-3 if he's around next draft. His track record since arriving in Minnesota with drafting CB is absolute bull ****. He hasn't developed a single one. Waynes never made any vast improvements, Mac Alexander was one of the best corners in college football and was/is around that talent level. He was supposed to be the CB whisperer.

I hate being negative about the Vikings this early in the season or in general at all. I feel cozy and warm with my purple rose colored goggles on. But this season I feel like I need to take them off and we are at a tipping point.

I don't see us winning until we play the Lions Oct 10 and after that I don't know.

Why I just can't be positive right now:
    1: Coaching is just not good on either side of the ball. I don't like Zubiak as our OC and I'm confident that won't change
    2: Offensive line has regressed and with news out there that Darrisaw may not be ready to play and make an impact I have 0 hope. Even if he does, Bradbury is a disaster and the vikings seem to just love that about him. Also Cleveland and Udoh just might not have it.
    3. Hunter seems rusty and can improve but the other side seems questionable and will probably take time
    4. I think we are a week away from finding out Anthony Barr is shut down for the season and will conclude his vikings career on the IR
    5. The whole Dantzler situation just really pisses me off
    6. The Cousins Zimmer relationship and Dynamic seems like it really may be toxic behind closed doors

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Could you imagine?
    Day 1-2 draft picks
    Rhodes- gone
    Waynes- gone
    Hughes- gone
    Alexander- left and came back
    Gladney- goneish
    Dantzler- if we were to trade him.....man how much draft capital on Zim's favorite position IS that?

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    I'm not going to lie, the handling of Dantzler and the whole situation to me just makes me lose hope. I feel like Dantzler was probably pissed they went out and signed 3 CBs and probably started camp at CB4. I'm assuming he probably hs a sour attitude and as Zimmer has "alluded" to he isn't trying to willing to participate in special Teams.

Breeland was the worst player on the D last week and Hand was not any better. Dantzler should have been in at the end of Q1. Instead of harboring his development I feel like Zimmer completely failed him and he will end up being traded or request a trade before the end of the season.

Also I think it's important that Zimmer is no longer allowed to even hint that he wants/likes a CB in round 1-3 if he's around next draft. His track record since arriving in Minnesota with drafting CB is absolute bull ****. He hasn't developed a single one. Waynes never made any vast improvements, Mac Alexander was one of the best corners in college football and was/is around that talent level. He was supposed to be the CB whisperer.
    If a Zimmer led team is drafting next year I have a feeling it won't be in Minnesota.

I completely agree about his track record with CBs in Minnesota. It's been downright horrible. I never considered him a CB whisperer and the people that did should definitely be singing a different tune after what he's done since 2014 in Minnesota. It's honestly pathetic and I don't think could have been handled any worse.

Is this just a microcosm of what we can expect this season?
    Now we're losing people because they're swerving to miss deer (sure hope that's the real story, Everson)

I mean you could also flip it around and say Rhodes did show promise, before adopting the 'I didn't get beat, I'm hurt' idea that Breeland mimicked Sunday (Holton Hill is still out there btw). Waynes, at times, looked decent, just not 1st rd draft pick decent. Mac always looked good in the slot, then Zim pissed him off and he left (not sure how he was persuaded to come back) and Hughes can't stay healthy (now watch him become an ironman and pro bowler in KC). You can't blame Zim for Gladney's off field issue (and he did improve during last season) and we don't know what's really up with Dantzler.

...but it's still too many corners to be going thru........4 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd
    I mean we passed up DeAndre Hopkins to take Rhodes...then took Flash Patterson instead, with Travis Frederick right there...and Zach Ertz, or even Darius Slay if it was CB. We took Trae Waynes when we could have had Arik Armstead or, staying corner, Marcus Peters. We took Hughes when guys like Darius Leonard were available. We took Gladney when safeties like Xavier McKinney and Kyle Dugger were there.

Just proving again that....Zimmer or not, the Vikings suck in the 1st round.
    Here's our 1st rounders since doing well with Michael Bennett, Mt McKenzie, and Kevin Williams the 3 years prior
    2004 Kenechi Udeze DE USC (sadly shortened career)
    2005 Troy Williamson WR South Carolina (what a waste)
    Erasmus James DE Wisconsin (potential then nothing)
    2006 Chad Greenway**† LB Iowa good
    2007 Adrian Peterson**† RB Oklahoma great
    2008 No pick — —
    2009 Percy Harvin**† WR Florida great then we pissed him off
    2010 No pick — —
    2011 Christian Ponder QB Florida State what's to say
    2012 Matt Kalil**† OT USC good rookie year then splat
    Harrison Smith**† S Notre Dame great
    2013 Sharrif Floyd DT Florida unfortunate
    Xavier Rhodes**† CB Florida State
    Cordarrelle Patterson**† WR Tennessee good, but 1st rd good? maybe
    2014 Anthony Barr**† LB UCLA good
    Teddy Bridgewater**† QB Louisville sad exit, but would he really have ever been?
    2015 Trae Waynes CB Michigan State
    2016 Laquon Treadwell WR Ole Miss see Williamson, except this one is still puzzling
    2017 No pick — —
    2018 Mike Hughes CB Central Florida
    2019 Garrett Bradbury C NC State *sigh*
    2020 Justin Jefferson**† WR Louisiana State great
    Jeff Gladney CB Texas Christian
    2021 Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech TBD but not off to a good start

for every Hitman Harry there's a Troy Williamson...sure, bad unforeseen luck along the way, but...

Not small news but didn't want to start a whole new thread on this....

But for some reason I hadn't caught that Cousins' full $45mil salary next year was guaranteed or that cutting him would mean $45mil in dead cap.......holy hell....

So, what ARE our options?! Is the "cheapest" one really just to let him play it out next year?
    It's not that I have faith Mond is the guy, but I was sure hoping to never again hear that the Vikings have extended Kirk again.

I can already hear a couple here asking why we'd NOT want to keep a guy who puts up the stats he does. Stats lie. Stats don't tell us how much YAC we leave on the field because Kirk so often makes a receiver largely stop to catch his pass or make a great adjustment to a poorly thrown pass. Stats don't tell us all the times he completes a pass for 6 yards on 3rd and 8. Stats don't tell us how many times he checks down and completes a short pass rather than risking a longer one. Stats don't tell us how many passes he throws while under duress of HIS making by holding the ball too long.

Don't get me wrong. Kirk is a good QB and stats are stats. He's just never going to be anything other than what he is, and what he is is never going to be good enough for this team to go deep in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

But for some reason I hadn't caught that Cousins' full $45mil salary next year was guaranteed or that cutting him would mean $45mil in dead cap.......holy hell....

So, what ARE our options?! Is the "cheapest" one really just to let him play it out next year?
    It's not that I have faith Mond is the guy, but I was sure hoping to never again hear that the Vikings have extended Kirk again.

I can already hear a couple here asking why we'd NOT want to keep a guy who puts up the stats he does. Stats lie. Stats don't tell us how much YAC we leave on the field because Kirk so often makes a receiver largely stop to catch his pass or make a great adjustment to a poorly thrown pass. Stats don't tell us all the times he completes a pass for 6 yards on 3rd and 8. Stats don't tell us how many times he checks down and completes a short pass rather than risking a longer one. Stats don't tell us how many passes he throws while under duress of HIS making by holding the ball too long.

Don't get me wrong. Kirk is a good QB and stats are stats. He's just never going to be anything other than what he is, and what he is is never going to be good enough for this team to go deep in the playoffs.
    I assume we'll just extend him again and push that money further down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

Your assessment of Kirk is dead wrong on the whole accuracy thing. He is one of the most accurate throwers in the league, like top 3 in terms of catchable balls and putting them where they should be. There are times in the last game where he missed but also times where he put it where he did so his WR would not get smoked.

Kirk is a very good QB and one that has been underrated in terms of arm talent. What he can't do is overcome a poor OL, like Case and even Teddy. They could move around in the pocket and extend plays. Kirk is a pure pocket passer, with some mobility to move, which he has done good thus far this year.

Honestly I'm not real sure what to do with him in terms of extending. You can't pay someone like him that much money and expect to put studs all around him unless you draft exceptionally well. We drafted Mond for this reason that we can't keep paying Kirk and expect to win. Now, we let Kirk play it out and you hand over a pretty talented and young offense to Mond. He's gonna have Cook, Jet, Osborn, Irv, and then the OL. We have some really good potential there for a young QB like Mond to be able to hit the ground running.