Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 199 of 204 FirstFirst ... 99149189197198199200201 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,985 of 3056
    geebus, did they release him BEFORE Samia's Covid test?!
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Very interested for the reasoning behind his release. It was pretty obvious that he would be on the bench but I thought his versatility as a backup would be valuable down the stretch and with Covid hitting a surge again.
    lol I said this early this morning about the Covid thing. Samia always trying to find a way to **** us.

Are they going to bring Pat back now. Seemed like weird timing especially with covid.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    Are they going to bring Pat back now. Seemed like weird timing especially with covid.
    Is there some cost benefit to use releasing him now??? This makes 0 sense unless someone claims him nd we are off the hook for some money.

The jets got him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Is there some cost benefit to use releasing him now??? This makes 0 sense unless someone claims him nd we are off the hook for some money.
    he's on a 1.2mil contract, so I guess we save 600kish....a lot of money for us, not exactly much for millionaire owners.........it is a bit odd, not just in timing but just overall...unless he was just getting beat out by somebody on the practice squad and this allows us to snag another for it

What happened to him, tho...I mean wasn't he rated decently after his rookie year at center yet we drafted Bradbury thinking we could just slide Pat over? I mean even Kalil didn't go from decent to suck this fast
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The Vikings saved $878,294 by moving on from Elflein and as Carter said he got claimed by the Jets. I would have loved to have kept him as depth at the position but here we are. Haha
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    The Vikings saved $878,294 by moving on from Elflein and as Carter said he got claimed by the Jets. I would have loved to have kept him as depth at the position but here we are. Haha
    The moves made at the Oline this year have been beyond my comprehension. Collins was battling for the starting position at LG and somehow got released instead of being backup. Elflien is the starting RG and backup Center but somehow get's released instead of depth lol. If anyone of our lineman go down I have no idea who we have other than Samia and Hill.

The moves made at the Oline this year have been beyond my comprehension. Collins was battling for the starting position at LG and somehow got released instead of being backup. Elflien is the starting RG and backup Center but somehow get's released instead of depth lol. If anyone of our lineman go down I have no idea who we have other than Samia and Hill.
    Yeah the moves confused me as well. Collins must have had a bad training camp. Elflein makes some sense. He was going to be gone after the year anyway so their just pinching pennies here by cutting him.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Vikings put in a waiver claim on Will Parks but the Broncos claimed him first.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Vikings put in a waiver claim on Will Parks but the Broncos claimed him first.

There was speculation that they would try to get him. Seems they have tried multiple times now to get him. What's the deal with him anyways?

Given that we are very likely to lose Harris it would be nice to have had someone like Park to possibly take his place. I think we'll get a guy in the 3rd that can make an impact.

I'm going to throw out a wild theory, maybe not too wild but still.

I'm not convinced that Miami believes in Tua and they could go QB with the Houston pick. We all know Trevor Lawrence is going #1, likely to the Jets. Then you got Josh Allen in Buffalo. Do they think Tua can be better than those two? Tough question but on surface I'm not sure he can be.

So obviously, that would make Tua available via trade. Could be an option for us, in particular Zim. A guy that can manage the game under rookie deal and does not turn the ball over. IDK, just throwing it out there after listing to talk radio. Tua has been benched once already and it hurt again.

But of course we have the Cousins contract which essentially makes this type of move a zero chance of happening. Also, why would we right? I mean Cousins is ****ing good. Let's be honest here. Maybe be patient and we will be rewarded? I'm starting to think that.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I'm going to throw out a wild theory, maybe not too wild but still.

I'm not convinced that Miami believes in Tua and they could go QB with the Houston pick. We all know Trevor Lawrence is going #1, likely to the Jets. Then you got Josh Allen in Buffalo. Do they think Tua can be better than those two? Tough question but on surface I'm not sure he can be.

So obviously, that would make Tua available via trade. Could be an option for us, in particular Zim. A guy that can manage the game under rookie deal and does not turn the ball over. IDK, just throwing it out there after listing to talk radio. Tua has been benched once already and it hurt again.

But of course we have the Cousins contract which essentially makes this type of move a zero chance of happening. Also, why would we right? I mean Cousins is ****ing good. Let's be honest here. Maybe be patient and we will be rewarded? I'm starting to think that.
    What makes you think Miami doesn't like Tua? I mean, they benched Fitzpatrick in the middle of a playoff push to give Tua the keys.
    2020 Vikings Draft:

Good job Chris Hovan DWI with a kid in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    What makes you think Miami doesn't like Tua? I mean, they benched Fitzpatrick in the middle of a playoff push to give Tua the keys.
    It has been speculated that the reason they made the switch to Tua, is so they can gauge whether or not he is the guy to move the team forward. With this class having potentially 5 QB's in the first they want to make sure and do their homework (kind of like AZ with Rosen). Now many think that was not the case at all but it would make sense to at least see if he looks ok. Especially when you got Burrow and Herbert already showing that they are franchise guys.