Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 211 of 212 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212 LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 3168
  1. #3151
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,119
    Jeff Gladney turned himself into Dallas police. He was wanted for getting into a physical altercation with his girlfriend. I can't post the tweets but here are the details:

    Gladney is accused of hitting the accuser with closed fists, choking her and dragging her by the hair while driving with her outside his vehicle. She also accuses him of “...pulling (her) by her hair trying to hold her still in order to get the Face ID to work.”

    The accuser was able to break free and get into a vehicle with unknown passengers.
    Detectives documented bruising on her head, ears and torso.
    She also reported he has scratches on her face and neck and abrasions on her knees.
    https://twitter.com/jdmiles11/status...72176616652802
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

  2. #3152
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,643
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Jeff Gladney turned himself into Dallas police. He was wanted for getting into a physical altercation with his girlfriend. I can't post the tweets but here are the details:



    https://twitter.com/jdmiles11/status...72176616652802
    Well now the Alexander signing makes a lot of sense. Gladney will be cut before the Draft

  3. #3153
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,812
    And just like that, we will be drafting a CB in the first round again
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  4. #3154
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Memphis,TN
    Posts
    12,599
    Gladney is done. Man if i was 22 years old and a millionaire its no way in the hell that i would mess up my career. If a woman cheats on me then i would just leave her alone. I had high hopes for Gladney but like Vcu just said Zimmer is getting cb the first round.😁


    V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

  5. #3155
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,836
    These kids are trained to use aggressive behavior all the time, yet we still get surprised when some can't help let that training leak out in their personal lives off the field.

    Just once I'd like to actually get to draft day without 'will the Vikings go corner in round 1' being a thing

    Used to be we'd run into issues drafting DEs- Dmitrius Underwood and Kenechi Udeze ring a bell?
    We've had problems drafting OL it seems like forever...that's when we actually draft any.

    Just seems like for every Justin Jefferson we draft, there's a Laquan Treadwell. For every Bryant McKinnie, there's a Matt Kalil. For every Harrison Smith, there's a Jeff Gladney.
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 04-06-2021 at 07:20 AM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  6. #3156
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,735
    Gladney had some red flags coming into the draft. We took a risk and failed. This incident appears to have happened after the Alexander signing but Gladney was looking to be CB4 or 5 so while I did like his long term development he likely is now gone.

    From what I read, they were hoping, like Dalvin Cook, that getting away from his hometown would make him mature a bit.

  7. #3157
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,119
    Interesting stat I just heard from Eric Eager of PFF on Matthew Coller's podcast; Kirk Cousins was responsible for 15% of the pressure he faced last year. For comparisons sake, Tom Brady was only responsible for 4%. The other QB's with that high of a percentage were all scrambling QB's.

    FYI, this stat is based on things like holding onto the ball too long or scrambling when you don't need to.
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

  8. #3158
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,814
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Interesting stat I just heard from Eric Eager of PFF on Matthew Coller's podcast; Kirk Cousins was responsible for 15% of the pressure he faced last year. For comparisons sake, Tom Brady was only responsible for 4%. The other QB's with that high of a percentage were all scrambling QB's.

    FYI, this stat is based on things like holding onto the ball too long or scrambling when you don't need to.
    I have said this before but he is a major reason for a lot of the pressure imo. He is so bad at maneuvering in the pocket, this is why we need a really good oline.

  9. #3159
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,643
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I have said this before but he is a major reason for a lot of the pressure imo. He is so bad at maneuvering in the pocket, this is why we need a really good oline.
    While I agree there are many plays were he holds it too long I would also argue those plays are ones where if he can just get 1 more second Jefferson or Theilen are housing it.

    The biggest difference I would say when arguing those stats is that the Vikings have a unique situation where there isn't another team in the NFL with as weak of an interior line. Most other Qbs get pressure from the edges and are forced to step up or roll out. If you broke down the tape I would say there was a lane to step up in maybe 18% of the total pass plays last season. I am not arguing Kirk holds it too long, but I do cut him some slack for consistently having to deal with Bradbury taking a 4 step drop when he's taking a 5 step drop. Kirk has his faults but having a new OC every year and a Center and LG who goes backward every pass play present challenges Brady never say this year.

  10. #3160
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,836
    Do you realize that, while he's never actually said that, one reason Diggs likely showed dissatisfaction being here wasn't just that this is a run first offense, but that he was open, even wide open, far too many times and watched Cousins not even look his way before throwing it elsewhere.

    However much blame you want, or don't want, to put on Kirk for pressure he's received, quite often it's things that don't really show up in a box score that are a large issue- like what Kirk did with a play when the pressure wasn't even that close to him before he checked down.

    Watching the SB, we know how badly QBs may react to constant pressure since we saw Mahomes look very ordinary......so if that's how a top tier QB looks, what does a middlin' QB look like...
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  11. #3161
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,643
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Do you realize that, while he's never actually said that, one reason Diggs likely showed dissatisfaction being here wasn't just that this is a run first offense, but that he was open, even wide open, far too many times and watched Cousins not even look his way before throwing it elsewhere.

    However much blame you want, or don't want, to put on Kirk for pressure he's received, quite often it's things that don't really show up in a box score that are a large issue- like what Kirk did with a play when the pressure wasn't even that close to him before he checked down.

    Watching the SB, we know how badly QBs may react to constant pressure since we saw Mahomes look very ordinary......so if that's how a top tier QB looks, what does a middlin' QB look like...
    Agreed.... That's why I secretly want Trey Lance at #14!!!!!!! but we got Kirk so we'll just hope for the best.

  12. #3162
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,814
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    While I agree there are many plays were he holds it too long I would also argue those plays are ones where if he can just get 1 more second Jefferson or Theilen are housing it.

    The biggest difference I would say when arguing those stats is that the Vikings have a unique situation where there isn't another team in the NFL with as weak of an interior line. Most other Qbs get pressure from the edges and are forced to step up or roll out. If you broke down the tape I would say there was a lane to step up in maybe 18% of the total pass plays last season. I am not arguing Kirk holds it too long, but I do cut him some slack for consistently having to deal with Bradbury taking a 4 step drop when he's taking a 5 step drop. Kirk has his faults but having a new OC every year and a Center and LG who goes backward every pass play present challenges Brady never say this year.
    I think there are a lot of plays he also just holds it when they are open, I remember one specific one Jefferson on an under wide open but he doesn't and we end up punting before half allowing the other team to score. If you go back to the SF playoff game I think we had wide open WR's often but he just did not fire it off. It is quite common and as sitewolf notes I think it is part of what frustrated Diggs is how often Kirk just doesn't see wide open options.

    I agree we have a bad interior oline but I think Kirk actually makes it look worse quite often. I have mentioned it plenty but it is hard thinking of a handful of QB's worse in the pocket, he often just crumbles or even worse steps into the pressure instead of moving out of way. I think his lack of awareness/pocket presence combine to create many of our issues. I think a great Oline is basically the only way it will really be covered up enough is the frustrating thing to our approach there though it is like the one requirement for a QB like Kirk but we just haven't improved it.
    Last edited by mngopher35; 04-27-2021 at 06:46 PM.

  13. #3163
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    11,814
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Agreed.... That's why I secretly want Trey Lance at #14!!!!!!! but we got Kirk so we'll just hope for the best.
    I would take fields or Lance there if either made it tbh. I think Lance is more of a risk but like potential of both


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #3164
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    16,836
    Well, Teddy Two Gloves is now a Bronco
    So for all of you hoping for his return....
    (I know nobody really was)

    but it appears he's going back to being either a backup or at best a placeholder
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #3165
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    19,119
    LT: Christian Darrisaw
    LG: Ezra Cleveland
    C: Garrett Bradbury
    RG: Wyatt Davis
    RT: Brian O’Neill

    Starting two rookies is risky but man we finally have 5 talented OL. Hill and Cole are solid back ups too. Feels good to look at that group lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Vikings Draft:
    1: Christian Darrisaw OT Virginia Tech
    3: Kellen Mond QB Texas A&M
    3: Chazz Surratt LB North Carolina
    3: Wyatt Davis G Ohio State
    3: Patrick Jones III DE Pittsburgh
    4: Kene Nwangwu RB Iowa State
    4: Camryn Bynum S California
    4: Janarius Robinson DE Florida State
    5: Ihmir Smith-Marsette WR Iowa
    5: Zach Davidson TE Central Missouri St.
    6: Jaylen Twyman DT Pittsburgh

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •