Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 201 of 208 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,015 of 3108
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Speaking of hypotheticals....I know Zim isn't going anywhere this year, I would say that with 95% confidence. But I do believe he has to deliver next year. We got to make the playoffs but potentially win a game and at the very least show we belong (unlike the Eagles and 49ers losses). Agree/disagree?
    I agree. Love Zim but he's one of the longest tenured coaches in the NFL and we haven't won ****. Might be about time to look elsewhere.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    I agree. Love Zim but he's one of the longest tenured coaches in the NFL and we haven't won ****. Might be about time to look elsewhere.

Not yet. Let him finish his contract

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    But why though?
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

So Zim has 3 years left, thru the 2023 season. I didn't realize that, I thought it was 2 years after this.

Unless we look like complete **** I just don't see how we move on after next year with 2 year remaining. I also don't know the buyout or whatever it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    But why though?
    Because Zim might pull an Andy Reid and have us winning a trophy.

Now don't you say V4LB quit drinking because I don't. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Now don't you say V4LB quit drinking because I don't. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
    Iíve always thought of Zim as a defensive minded Andy Reid. Our teams under Zimmer have been consistently good, even in our ďbadĒ years this team has never truly been that bad. A season like weíre having typically doesnít occur too often in terms of injury luck but it seems like in our off years we get crushed by injuries. The thing that keeps me confident in Zim is even during these ****** seasons the wheels never truly seem to fall off. If we had a bad coaching staff like Patricia or Gase or Quinn, a start as bad as we had surely would have spiraled into chaos. Even after a 1-5 start, being decimated on D with injuries and a bunch of rookies starting, the team responded and began to play well. True we were smacked by NO last week but I mean thatís a legit playoff team loaded with talent on offense going against basically a practice squad front 7. 2016 and 2018 there were enough signs that a rebound is possible next year with a little better luck. I feel the same about this year. 2020 feels a bit like 2014 when Zimmer first arrived. I realize the majority of recent SB winning HCís won a championship early in their tenure but I donít think that just because Zimmer hasnít won yet means we should fire a good coach. Iím willing to ride with Zimmer for at least a few more years. I havenít seen anywhere near enough negatives to say he needs to be fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Now don't you say V4LB quit drinking because I don't. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
    Might is the key word.... I personally wouldn't bet my money on it.

V4LB quit smoking
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Might is the key word.... I personally wouldn't bet my money on it.

V4LB quit smoking
    How did you know I'm a smoker? I smoke majority of my meats. Especially my chickens and hens. Vcu if you never had a smoked hen then man you are missing out. 😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Iíve always thought of Zim as a defensive minded Andy Reid. Our teams under Zimmer have been consistently good, even in our ďbadĒ years this team has never truly been that bad. A season like weíre having typically doesnít occur too often in terms of injury luck but it seems like in our off years we get crushed by injuries. The thing that keeps me confident in Zim is even during these ****** seasons the wheels never truly seem to fall off. If we had a bad coaching staff like Patricia or Gase or Quinn, a start as bad as we had surely would have spiraled into chaos. Even after a 1-5 start, being decimated on D with injuries and a bunch of rookies starting, the team responded and began to play well. True we were smacked by NO last week but I mean thatís a legit playoff team loaded with talent on offense going against basically a practice squad front 7. 2016 and 2018 there were enough signs that a rebound is possible next year with a little better luck. I feel the same about this year. 2020 feels a bit like 2014 when Zimmer first arrived. I realize the majority of recent SB winning HCís won a championship early in their tenure but I donít think that just because Zimmer hasnít won yet means we should fire a good coach. Iím willing to ride with Zimmer for at least a few more years. I havenít seen anywhere near enough negatives to say he needs to be fired.

That's why I want him to finish his contract. Let's see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

I think he is a lesser issue than our GM/roster construction throughout his tenure here so I mostly agree. I think he is a good coach although if we do have an opportunity for a great one I would take it over him. Otherwise I think there are bigger issues with our team than the coaching over the years as you note the team often does keep fighting these seasons.

When we have missed the playoffs it has been right after overpaying for QB's (Bradford, Cousins) that took up part of our assets to build around the rest of the team. We have long been complaining about the Oline as well and if people actually think that's what Cousins needs to be good it's a major flaw in roster construction (personally though I think Cousins is part of the flaw, you shouldn't need a top oline, RB and WR duo if you have a high paid QB like him). This year we see all of the issues with our roster due in part to injuries but also some iffy/questionable salaries and moves like giving up a 2nd for a 1 year rental we later retrade in a year everyone on here has told me we should have expected to be a down year (if everyone knows this but the GM that's a problem). I think between some of the contracts on this roster and the GM over the years handicapping us with some decisions it is much more about what type of roster we have than the coach as you note the team seems to compete throughout each time.

Looking for a Special teams coach as well as OC.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    I mean he's pretty easy to blame given our horrid ST's play but is it really his fault. I mean, Bailey all of sudden couldn't kick, PR's we put back there just weren't good. Colquitt is a vet, so I highly doubt a bad ST guy made him all of a sudden bad. IDK, hopefully next year we get some good ST play.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    Prefer available?

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Prefer available?

He's. the Browns head coach....for Saturday
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I mean he's pretty easy to blame given our horrid ST's play but is it really his fault. I mean, Bailey all of sudden couldn't kick, PR's we put back there just weren't good. Colquitt is a vet, so I highly doubt a bad ST guy made him all of a sudden bad. IDK, hopefully next year we get some good ST play.
    I was disappointed we drafted KJ Osborn. I wanted Quez Watkins, just not necessarily that early. Osborn showed nothing, not that there's obvious players missed by taking Osborn, tho a decent DE went to KC immediately after
    gotta love 'referential' treatment