Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 197 of 199 FirstFirst ... 97147187195196197198199 LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 2980
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Harris is possible but may be detrimental to developing our corners. Rudy is by far the best trade candidate from an on the field perspective but as I've pointed out before no team is going to take his contract. We'll have to cut him in the off season.
    I tend to agree. Something tells me if no-one is willing to take RUDY he would agree to a paycut much like Reiff. I think his family and life is deeply rooted in Minnesota and he'd be willing to take less to stay.

Damn. Can they just admit 2020 is a loss and tank? Id rather had a franchise QB that 6 wins

I cant decide if playing cousins to lose, or benching cousins to lose is the best option.

Harrison smith unfollowed the vikings on twitter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Harrison smith unfollowed the vikings on twitter

This was already debunked. He never followed them in the first place.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I cant decide if playing cousins to lose, or benching cousins to lose is the best option.
    When your option is to play Mannion or Cousins, which would you choose to tank lol.

Cousins isn't playing good but is still playing well enough to win us games. This kind of start is an aberration to how he has played so I don't expect it to last.

The Lions traded a 6th for Griffen. His first game will be against the Vikings lol

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

The Lions traded a 6th for Griffen. His first game will be against the Vikings lol

he's gonna toss Reiff around like he did in practice every day for years.....twice
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    When your option is to play Mannion or Cousins, which would you choose to tank lol.

Cousins isn't playing good but is still playing well enough to win us games. This kind of start is an aberration to how he has played so I don't expect it to last.
    the problem is our schedule doesn't get much easier and if we trade pieces Kirk's job doesn't get easier...and he's always been prone to not play his best when things aren't going well
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

This was already debunked. He never followed them in the first place.
    While this rumor was debunked I think they may seriously consider moving Smith for a 3rd or better. I think we have all kept our eyes on Anthony Harris and expecting him to be moved, however, Smith only has 1 year left on his deal and I don't see him getting another big deal from Minnesota and I don't see a scenario where the Vikings move Smith and Let Harris walk. One is going to be a viking next year and it may make more sense to try and trade Smith and sign Harris to a deal.

Disclosure. Smith may be one of my all-time favorite Vikings and I DO NOT WANT him traded. But I also understand the logic. It simply comes down to longevity and wear and tear. Harris and Smith are top Safeties in the NFL and you can only keep one. I think Harris could be given Smith's deal and is a "safer" option to move forward playing in 49 less games that Smith.

Smith
    120 games played
    Contract: 10,750 signed through 2021 (5 Year 51,250,000)

Harris
    71 games played
    Contract: Franchise tag 11,441,000

LOVE HITMAN but I also feel if you have the 2 best safeties in the NFL it's because they are being relied upon to make too many plays for the lack of talent in front of them.

Everyone over 30 should be considered in a trade if the price is right. I hate to say it because guys like Rudy, Harrison and Theilan have done so much for the community but it's business. I guarantee if this covid had never hit we would not be talking about it because A) we would be better B) cap would be much higher for next year (like $25 million higher).

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    While this rumor was debunked I think they may seriously consider moving Smith for a 3rd or better. I think we have all kept our eyes on Anthony Harris and expecting him to be moved, however, Smith only has 1 year left on his deal and I don't see him getting another big deal from Minnesota and I don't see a scenario where the Vikings move Smith and Let Harris walk. One is going to be a viking next year and it may make more sense to try and trade Smith and sign Harris to a deal.

Disclosure. Smith may be one of my all-time favorite Vikings and I DO NOT WANT him traded. But I also understand the logic. It simply comes down to longevity and wear and tear. Harris and Smith are top Safeties in the NFL and you can only keep one. I think Harris could be given Smith's deal and is a "safer" option to move forward playing in 49 less games that Smith.

Smith
    120 games played
    Contract: 10,750 signed through 2021 (5 Year 51,250,000)

Harris
    71 games played
    Contract: Franchise tag 11,441,000

LOVE HITMAN but I also feel if you have the 2 best safeties in the NFL it's because they are being relied upon to make too many plays for the lack of talent in front of them.
    I kinda disagree. I Think we could resign Smith for less money than Harris. Smith is longer in the tooth but he is proven for years where Harris basically had one. I would say resign the cheaper one and trade the other, get something for one before they walk.

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    I kinda disagree. I Think we could resign Smith for less money than Harris. Smith is longer in the tooth but he is proven for years where Harris basically had one. I would say resign the cheaper one and trade the other, get something for one before they walk.
    That's a valid argument as well. I'm anxious to see if Rick will make any moves. If they lose sunday I don't see any scenario where they don't make another move but a win over the packers could generate some false hope. One thing I trust Rick with is compensation though. He typically gets good value when trading away players.

Time to cut Michael Hughes, he is useless

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Time to cut Michael Hughes, he is useless

It'll be interesting to see if they pick up that option. He's played alright but that neck is a serious problem.