Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 162 of 168 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2516
    Oh how could I forget about Justin Herbert. I really like Herbert. I could see it going Burrow, Herbert, Tua...or swap Tua& Herbert and then trying to get whoever is 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Oh how could I forget about Justin Herbert. I really like Herbert. I could see it going Burrow, Herbert, Tua...or swap Tua& Herbert and then trying to get whoever is 3rd.
    Jacob Eason in the second round. Trade back with the Colts for their picks.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Jacob Eason in the second round. Trade back with the Colts for their picks.
    Eason won't even make it to #25 by the time we get to the draft IMO
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

RILEY REIFF
    T, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    Jan 16, 2020, 5:26 PM ET

The St. Paul Pioneer Press believes Vikings LT Riley Reiff is a candidate for release.

Unsurprisingly, Reiff remained one of the league's worst left tackles in 2019. Now he's due $10.9 million for a team that is roughly $10 million over the projected 2020 salary cap. Cutting Reiff would create $8.8 million in immediate savings while leaving behind $4.4 million in dead money. Beat writer Chris Tomasson believes Reiff could also be shifted to left guard, but he would almost certainly have to agree to a pay cut before any potential position change.

SOURCE: St. Paul Pioneer Press
    XAVIER RHODES
    DB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    Jan 16, 2020, 4:22 PM ET

The St. Paul Pioneer Press considers Xavier Rhodes "likely" to be a cap casualty.

The Vikings are an estimated $10 million over the projected 2020 salary cap, and 29-year-old Rhodes is coming off an ignominious 2019. Few corners were burned more often. Cutting Rhodes would free up $8.1 million in cap space while leaving behind $4.8 million in dead money. Unfortunately for Rhodes ó who used to be one of the league's best corners ó it's close to a no-brainer move for the Vikings to make.

SOURCE: St. Paul Pioneer Press
    Nothing we didn't already know.... Carry on
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    RILEY REIFF
    T, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

XAVIER RHODES
    DB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

I'd be open to a possible restructure with Reiff. I say that just because while he isn't great, he is average, and average is better than bad lol. And we've seen bad. Depending on the move, maybe they like what they have seen from Udoh. He held is own in week 17 against Mack. It would be awesome if we actually developed a guy that could come in and play tackle at a good level. He for sure has the size and specs to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Eason won't even make it to #25 by the time we get to the draft IMO
    I've heard of his raw talent coming into the season but didn't follow him much. Has great size and what I've read has a great arm, probably the best in this draft class. I think you might be right...that might be more of a guy to keep an eye on from our stand point. Likely the 4th QB with the other 3 being taken in the top 12 picks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I've heard of his raw talent coming into the season but didn't follow him much. Has great size and what I've read has a great arm, probably the best in this draft class. I think you might be right...that might be more of a guy to keep an eye on from our stand point. Likely the 4th QB with the other 3 being taken in the top 12 picks or so.
    It'll certainly be interesting to see where QBs lay when draft day is approaching.....the assumption being Burrows/Tua/Herbert all gone possibly top 10.....being the 1st 3 is likely regardless, but how they rank AFTER that will get interesting. Other than Fromm, who's not exactly small, Eason heads up a group of 6 or so guys who are all 6-4 and taller who're likely day 1-2 guys....that Utah State kid is interesting, too
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    RILEY REIFF
    T, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

XAVIER RHODES
    DB, MINNESOTA VIKINGS

Arenít we all so bummed?

When can teams starting cutting players?

Reiff is probably the likeliest one of the group to restructure. If he hits the market he's likely to be grouped in with a decent group of RT's. I'm assuming few teams would consider him at LT. Our issue is there is nobody on the roster to take his place and no FA's we could bring in so we're basically kinda stuck with him. There is a pretty raw LT in the draft named Prince Tega Wanogho from Auburn. We might be able to get him in the 2nd round and groom him to replace Reiff next year.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Alot of talk about cousins getting a extension

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Watching the 49ers offense the last few weeks, at least we can say with Kubiak on board we are running a good scheme. The 49ers run a lot of outside zone, pitches, and flips to their receivers. The offense isnít far from being really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Watching the 49ers offense the last few weeks, at least we can say with Kubiak on board we are running a good scheme. The 49ers run a lot of outside zone, pitches, and flips to their receivers. The offense isnít far from being really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    49er's are head and shoulders above us in every aspect. Offense, Defense and coaching. Especially coaching.

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    49er's are head and shoulders above us in every aspect. Offense, Defense and coaching. Especially coaching.

I'd argue they are only stronger at Oline and Dtackle, TE. RB, WR, S, LB, DE (wash IMO), we are stronger personal wise overall. We run a very similar scheme but their Oline runs it the way we do against ****** teams against everyone. Against a defensive front like the 49ers, bears, packers our Oline was exposed for their lack of strength, consistency, and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post

I don't know if they've been this good all season, but they're getting hot at the right time. We just ran into a buzzsaw. I'd like to see implement more motion during the snap like they do. Seems to give defenses trouble.

Any rumors on coaching hires? I haven't even heard of any interviews going on. Are we just going to wait until everyone else fills up their staffs before we make a move?