5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

That surprises me. Seems like they always employ the "bend but don't break" strategy that allows teams to catch up if we're leading late. Guess I'm wrong.

Any word on when teams can start holding activities? I see other sports are putting together plans to resume but haven't heard anything on when NFL teams can begin their off-season practices.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Any word on when teams can start holding activities? I see other sports are putting together plans to resume but haven't heard anything on when NFL teams can begin their off-season practices.
    I thought this past Tuesday teams were allowed to open their facilities

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Below are a few updates I came across today:

Governor Phil Murphy announced that all professional sports teams in the state of New Jersey can begin training camps.

This announcement comes only 48 hours after Governor Andrew Cuomo gave the go-ahead for professional sports to return to New York. With the Bills, Jets, and Giants now cleared to practice once proper health measures have been established at their respective facilities, it's only a matter of time before players are welcomed back into buildings. The positive momentum for a football season in September is continuing to snowball at a rapid pace.
    Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reports players could potentially be called to participate in full-squad minicamps in mid-to-late June.

“If California is open for [team] operations soon, minicamps can still happen in June — probably late June, I’d think — but maybe even mid-June,” one league source told Robinson. A declaration from California governor Gavin Newsom will reportedly serve as the key hurdle in whether the NFL can successfully piece together an operational minicamp in June. Robinson writes that if Newsom clears the way for full team operations (without any fan attendance), the league could then give NFL franchises the choice of holding minicamps before breaking and setting official dates for training camps. All news surrounding the league has been positive of late, inevitably paving the way for the regular season to commence as scheduled.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Minicamps could start in June. A lot of NBA facilities are opening back up. Maybe that will help?

Edit: Soon after I posted this, the NFL disputed camps possibly opening up in June. NFL PR says they are “not putting dates” on a potential return. Via bleacher report
    Last edited by Patrick Swayze; 05-26-2020 at 02:25 PM.

Dalvin Cook is supposedly holding out until he gets a new deal. 2020 really tryna send me to the Gulag.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Dalvin Cook is supposedly holding out until he gets a new deal. 2020 really tryna send me to the Gulag.
    Do you really care? I mean really?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Tom Pelissero:

The NFL and NFLPA are discussing the possibility of shortening the 2020 preseason, per sources.

Nothing finalized or imminent, but multiple team executives informed of talks currently believe they could end up playing two preseason games, rather than four.
    I actually prefer four preseason games this year.

P.S. How do I display a tweet on here?

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePainful View Post
    I actually prefer four preseason games this year.

P.S. How do I display a tweet on here?
    ["tweet]tweet number[/tweet] (no quotation mark)

gotta love 'referential' treatment

Sounds like the Vikes came to him with a contract but it was not to his likening lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Sounds like the Vikes came to him with a contract but it was not to his likening lol.
    Dalvin needs to understand that you can't expect top o' the league money when you never play 16 games in any year

I know he wants all he can get as it's likely his only big contract....but I swear these guys don't get that if they push for too big a contract, they're also just setting themselves up to get cut down the line.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I love Dalvin. He's a top 5 back and seems like a very good character guy as well.
    That said, no way would I want us to overpay to keep him. I think Mattison could take over the starting RB spot and the team wouldn't miss a beat. Spend money on another position.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I read somewhere that the offer was in neighborhood of 10 million per year. I personally think that is a great offer considering he only averages playing in 9 games a season. That's over a million per game. Haha
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Now the NFL isn’t going to allow players to do jersey swaps this season due to COVID