Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 128 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128
Results 1,906 to 1,911 of 1911
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Ya with the ACE formation you can do lots of different formations and I for sure see Smith being utilized as a WR#3 in that formation. Smith is a better blocker than Rudy so could see more the other way but it's not like Rudy is going to be a huge mismatch.

The 5 year extension to Rudy just confuses me. Don't get me wrong, I like him and he is still a decent player but he can't block and he sure in hell is not a receiving threat in terms of speed. Regardless I'm glad we have him on the roster still for this year and probably next.
    I see Irv as a motion type tight end... I bet we do line up a lot in 2TE sets but send him out wide a fairly decent amount.. matchup nightmare...

Quote Originally Posted by akytola View Post
    I see Irv as a motion type tight end... I bet we do line up a lot in 2TE sets but send him out wide a fairly decent amount.. matchup nightmare...
    Personally, I don't think Irv Smith is going to get as much playing time as everyone thinks. It's been said a lot that TE is one of the harder positions to transition to the NFL. He only started 19 games in college and won't turn 21 until August. His upside is legit but it's going to take some time to develop. I wouldn't be surprised if David Morgan plays more snaps than him.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Personally, I don't think Irv Smith is going to get as much playing time as everyone thinks. It's been said a lot that TE is one of the harder positions to transition to the NFL. He only started 19 games in college and won't turn 21 until August. His upside is legit but it's going to take some time to develop. I wouldn't be surprised if David Morgan plays more snaps than him.
    And this is exactly why we needed to keep Rudy. Like you said and history will back it, TE's generally don't pop until at least year 2. Now there are guys like Evan Ingram for the Giants who had a great rookie year. Morgan will get plenty of snaps too because of his ability to block so I would not be surprised if it is him and Rudy to start off. We also know that rookies will not see playing time under Zim unless they really show they can play at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    And this is exactly why we needed to keep Rudy. Like you said and history will back it, TE's generally don't pop until at least year 2. Now there are guys like Evan Ingram for the Giants who had a great rookie year. Morgan will get plenty of snaps too because of his ability to block so I would not be surprised if it is him and Rudy to start off. We also know that rookies will not see playing time under Zim unless they really show they can play at this level.
    I'm thinking we do see a lot of double TE sets and I'm expecting a lot of Morgan because he is easily our best blocking TE. His rookie year PFF graded as him as one of the best blocking TE's in the league. Smith will likely be stuck as the #3. I'm sure he'll see the field but don't expect him to become our 3rd option in the passing game. I would set Smith's over/under for receptions at 25.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

With the TE talk... do we keep Conklin and only 5 receivers?

Has anybody else noticed Linvalís weight this offseason? Didnít think it was possible but he looks a lot bigger (fatter) this summer. Doesnít seem to be a problem because nobody is talking about it. Iím thinking Zim must have told him to put on some weight so he can be a bigger body in the run lanes??