Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 168 of 180 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178 ... LastLast
Results 2,506 to 2,520 of 2691
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Over the cap says otherwise...this list is sorted out in terms of per year.

Taking a deeper dive it looks like Goff and Wentz extension goes into affect this 2020 season so last year Kirk was making more. But regardless, all of the guys ahead of him on this list are making more than him per year going into the 2020 season.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/
    In 2020, only Ben and Goff will make more. Kirk and Wilson will make the same at 31.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    The bolded part is what scares me. In all likely hood our SB window closed with the loss to the 49ers. Rick and the FO would have to make the perfect free agent signings and have a flawless draft for us to field a better team in 2020. Going to be hard to do with no cap space and his history of drafting.
    Our window sure does appear to be closing but we have A LOT of young guys under contract. It's going to take some bold moves to get us back on track. Some guys are gonna have to be cut to create room. Guys we like, like Giffen, maybe Linval. It doesn't make sense to pay Anthony Harris and Harrison Smith. So I feel Harris walks, unfortunately this in the downside of having a high paying QB. We have to count on young guys taking that next step.

This is what I do.
    Cut Everson
    Restructure Reiff
    Extend Kirk
    Restructure/cut Linval
    ?? on Rhodes (I would consider cutting him)

Resign one of Waynes or Alexander
    Go get Brandon Scherff (ok scratch this potentially as it appears he may not be a good fit for our zone scheme)
    Look to bring back Kearse (I know he said he will look elsewhere but $$ talks and so does starting)
    Last edited by pacofunk64; 02-11-2020 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    In 2020, only Ben and Goff will make more. Kirk and Wilson will make the same at 31.
    Oh I see what I was doing. It was sorted out by the average over the lifetime of the contract. Damn it.

OMG look at those 2021 and up cap hits. WOW!

It is possible. The contract structures the Vikings tend to give out has the left the team with plenty of options to create cap space. We could move on from Griffen, Reiff, Rhodes, and Joseph with cap savings of 40 million. Another 4.5 can be created by cutting Stephen and Elflein. Contract extensions for Cousins and Harry can also free up more space this year. Another home run draft like 2015 can have this team right back in the thick of things in the NFC. Rick will go into the draft with 10 picks so he'll have enough ammo to move around and make some noise. Luckily for the Vikings, the draft is deep in areas we need help at (OL, DL, CB, WR).
    It is possible but not very likely. You would basically need to come away with starting caliber players at LT, OG, DE, DT and 2 CBs. That's just to equal what we had in 2019. To improve you would need above average players at those positions. Would be one heck of an impressive draft and free agency to come away with six new starters that were above average. Just don't see that happening.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

It is possible but not very likely. You would basically need to come away with starting caliber players at LT, OG, DE, DT and 2 CBs. That's just to equal what we had in 2019. To improve you would need above average players at those positions. Would be one heck of an impressive draft and free agency to come away with six new starters that were above average. Just don't see that happening.
    In part I think this is why bringing in Dom was a good thing. Zim knows he may lose some guys and in order to make up for it you have to be more creative in confusing the offense. I think we are going to see some nice new twists to this defense...could be bad or could be good lol.

I'm not suggesting replacing all those guys, just that we have flexibility. Most likely, I would assume Griffen, Rhodes, and Stephen are gone. That's enough money to get under the cap and maybe re-sign Harris. Reiff, Joseph, Cousins, and Harry are more likely to be restructured/extended to free up more cap space. At least enough to make a small FA splash or two. Then comes the draft and our 10 picks.

Plus, we have a few internal options to replace some guys we can cut. Ifeadi Odenigbo flashed big time potential with 7 sacks in limited duty and should replace Griffen. Armon Watts also came on down the stretch and at least should replace Stephen in a rotation. Holton Hill is a risky option but should be given a chance to compete to replace Rhodes.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Falcons leaning towards cutting Devonta Freeman. Just a few years ago he was considered a stud. Another reason not to extend Cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Random stat but the Vikings lead the league in fewest missed tackles on D. Tied for 1st in 2018 and 2nd in 2017.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Random stat but the Vikings lead the league in fewest missed tackles on D. Tied for 1st in 2018 and 2nd in 2017.

Seems like everyone on defense can tackle. Everyone in our secondary can tackle too.

Falcons leaning towards cutting Devonta Freeman. Just a few years ago he was considered a stud. Another reason not to extend Cook.

You look at what AP was able to do for most of his career and Gore and you gotta appreciate their ability to stay healthy. Gore has been really successful now as a second fiddle type. Dalvin is a damn good talent but there just is no reason to extend him with his history. I know Rick likes to keep loyalty and keep his good players but you can't pay everyone anyways.

Whatís everyoneís thought on Mike Florio mentioning a possible Cousins trade to the 9ers so he can reunite with Shanahan? It kind of makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Whatís everyoneís thought on Mike Florio mentioning a possible Cousins trade to the 9ers so he can reunite with Shanahan? It kind of makes sense.
    trading Cousins would be fine
    ....but it won't be to the Niners

Here's a wild one....Cousins for Stafford...Lions make Cousins a lame duck instead of us doing it and draft Tua
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    trading Cousins would be fine
    ....but it won't be to the Niners

Here's a wild one....Cousins for Stafford...Lions make Cousins a lame duck instead of us doing it and draft Tua
    Cousins and Diggs for Stafford and Slay. I know thatís not gunna happen but what do you guys think??

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Cousins and Diggs for Stafford and Slay. I know thatís not gunna happen but what do you guys think??
    Big no

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Slay wants to be the highest paid CB in the league and I think he only has one more year left on his deal (could be wrong). There's no way we could pay him over 15 million a year with the cap trouble we are in. Reports are saying that the Lions also want more than what the Rams gave up for Jalen Ramsey which was two first rounders and a fourth rounder. In all likely hood the Lions might want Diggs and Cousins just for him. Then we would have to pay the man. Would love to have a CB on the team with his skills though.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png