Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 167 of 180 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 2696
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Diggs last Tweet has me very concerned...
    I'm like 90% sure he's just ****ing with everybody lol
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I'm like 90% sure he's just ****ing with everybody lol
    Someone did reply to him telling him to stop being a drama queen. Then of course, everyone posts their favorite team and that he should go to them hahaha

I don't care what he says on Twitter and like Vikesfan said, he probably is doing it because he knows people will jump all over it lol. I know I would love doing that **** lol.

Diggs isn't going anywhere this year. It doesn't make any sense in terms of team wise or financially. Now next year the dead money would go down and cap savings would increase.

Vikings hired Don Capers as a defensive assistant. Between Zimmer, Kubiak, and Capers this staff has some serious age lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

63, 58, and 69....whatcha mean old (says the almost 64 yr old)

....actually thought Kubiak was older
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

So the last two years I have been busy with kids and life... last I left I was pumped and supportive of the cousins signing. I still like cousins as a person & think he is better at qb than most give him credit for BUT I have been sadly disappointed that he hasn't been proactive to help the team & set his earning more towards his true worth with a restructure at least from what I see.

So with that said - doing best for the team.
    -Trade cousins (yes, he would have to agree to the trade but i am sure there is a competitive way to convince him to ok a trade - ok trade or sit, etc) and if need be swap draft picks that betters the other team
    - sign teddy bridgwater
    - use our draft picks on O-line/Defense.
    - have money available to keep our stars on the team (Harris, Diggs, etc)

Probably wont happen but idk what else we can do if there isnt a contract restructure (still restructure could happen but doubt it).

Quote Originally Posted by rev View Post
    So the last two years I have been busy with kids and life... last I left I was pumped and supportive of the cousins signing. I still like cousins as a person & think he is better at qb than most give him credit for BUT I have been sadly disappointed that he hasn't been proactive to help the team & set his earning more towards his true worth with a restructure at least from what I see.

So with that said - doing best for the team.
    -Trade cousins (yes, he would have to agree to the trade but i am sure there is a competitive way to convince him to ok a trade - ok trade or sit, etc) and if need be swap draft picks that betters the other team
    - sign teddy bridgwater
    - use our draft picks on O-line/Defense.
    - have money available to keep our stars on the team (Harris, Diggs, etc)

Probably wont happen but idk what else we can do if there isnt a contract restructure (still restructure could happen but doubt it).
    Sign teddy bridgewater. No thanks, i hope we arent back on that. Keenum is a free agent, id rather have him back. Cousins is our best option though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by carter80 View Post
    Sign teddy bridgewater. No thanks, i hope we arent back on that. Keenum is a free agent, id rather have him back. Cousins is our best option though.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I get teddy is still a question mark to a degree, I am all for considering other options as well, but my concern is that IF we cant get cousins to 1 - restructure or 2 - trade him - this team is going to have some massive changes coming this offseasons and maybe not in a good way. I would be good with cousins for a few years to be honest but he has got to lower his contract if that is to happen. Idk. Will be an interesting offseason for sure!

I think Kirk is going to sign an extension. I've teetered back and forth but in reality we have a guy that is still in his prime and is still pretty good. Just do it. If we make the right moves and draft the right guys we can still be SB contenders.

Here is a list of notable QB's and their records with the Vikings (longer than 1 year so excluding Case and his one year)(Gus Frerote went 10-3 with Vikes and Jeff George went 8-2 wow)
    Randall Cunningham - 16-7 - 70% (Could argue his was a one off as well)
    Brad Johnson - 28-18 - 61%
    Kirk, Brett & Teddy - all 58% (Kirk 18-12-1...Teddy/Brett both 17-12)
    Fran - 91-73 - 55%
    Moon & Gannon - 54% (Moon 21-18, Gannon 19-16)
    I did not include anyone with a losing record like Ponder, Culpepper for example. Am I missing anyone, I feel like I am.

First it shows how hard it is to win in MN and second, for the love of God can we just get some continuity at the QB position lol.
    Last edited by pacofunk64; 02-11-2020 at 11:37 AM.

Qb's listed making more than Kirk Cousins (18-12-1 58% wins) and their wins in those 2 years
    Russ Wilson 21 wins - 65%
    Ben Roth - 9 wins - 50%
    ARod - 19 wins - 59%
    Goff - 22 wins - 68%
    Wentz - 14 wins - 52%
    Ryan - 14 wins - 45%
    Kirk - 18 wins - 58%
    Brissett - 7 wins - 46%
    Garappolo - 14 wins - 74%
    Stafford - 9 wins - 38%
    Carr - 11 wins - 34%
    Brees - 21 wins - 81%

So out of the top 12 he is 6th in win%. Out of those 12 you could argue he is top 3 in terms of stats? Behind Russ and Brees. He has outperformed Rodgers the last 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Vikings hired Don Capers as a defensive assistant. Between Zimmer, Kubiak, and Capers this staff has some serious age lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love this move. Dom Capers has had a very successful NFL career. This is what I also love about Zimmer...as stubborn as he may be he is willing to bring in veteran guys to help. Zim knows that he needs to reinvent his defense again and bring new looks.

With us having to potentially lose a few key players on defense we need to bring new schemes to confuse the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Qb's listed making more than Kirk Cousins (18-12-1 58% wins) and their wins in those 2 years
    Russ Wilson 21 wins - 65%
    Ben Roth - 9 wins - 50%
    ARod - 19 wins - 59%
    Goff - 22 wins - 68%
    Wentz - 14 wins - 52%
    Ryan - 14 wins - 45%
    Kirk - 18 wins - 58%
    Brissett - 7 wins - 46%
    Garappolo - 14 wins - 74%
    Stafford - 9 wins - 38%
    Carr - 11 wins - 34%
    Brees - 21 wins - 81%

So out of the top 12 he is 6th in win%. Out of those 12 you could argue he is top 3 in terms of stats? Behind Russ and Brees. He has outperformed Rodgers the last 2 years.
    This list is WRONG, only Wilson, Rodgers, Ryan currently make more than Kirk.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I think Kirk is going to sign an extension. I've teetered back and forth but in reality we have a guy that is still in his prime and is still pretty good. Just do it. If we make the right moves and draft the right guys we can still be SB contenders.

Here is a list of notable QB's and their records with the Vikings (longer than 1 year so excluding Case and his one year)(Gus Frerote went 10-3 with Vikes and Jeff George went 8-2 wow)
    Randall Cunningham - 16-7 - 70% (Could argue his was a one off as well)
    Brad Johnson - 28-18 - 61%
    Kirk, Brett & Teddy - all 58% (Kirk 18-12-1...Teddy/Brett both 17-12)
    Fran - 91-73 - 55%
    Moon & Gannon - 54% (Moon 21-18, Gannon 19-16)
    I did not include anyone with a losing record like Ponder, Culpepper for example. Am I missing anyone, I feel like I am.

First it shows how hard it is to win in MN and second, for the love of God can we just get some continuity at the QB position lol.
    The bolded part is what scares me. In all likely hood our SB window closed with the loss to the 49ers. Rick and the FO would have to make the perfect free agent signings and have a flawless draft for us to field a better team in 2020. Going to be hard to do with no cap space and his history of drafting.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by blom85 View Post
    This list is WRONG, only Wilson, Rodgers, Ryan currently make more than Kirk.
    Over the cap says otherwise...this list is sorted out in terms of per year.

Taking a deeper dive it looks like Goff and Wentz extension goes into affect this 2020 season so last year Kirk was making more. But regardless, all of the guys ahead of him on this list are making more than him per year going into the 2020 season.

https://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/
    Last edited by pacofunk64; 02-11-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    The bolded part is what scares me. In all likely hood our SB window closed with the loss to the 49ers. Rick and the FO would have to make the perfect free agent signings and have a flawless draft for us to field a better team in 2020. Going to be hard to do with no cap space and his history of drafting.
    It is possible. The contract structures the Vikings tend to give out has the left the team with plenty of options to create cap space. We could move on from Griffen, Reiff, Rhodes, and Joseph with cap savings of 40 million. Another 4.5 can be created by cutting Stephen and Elflein. Contract extensions for Cousins and Harry can also free up more space this year. Another home run draft like 2015 can have this team right back in the thick of things in the NFC. Rick will go into the draft with 10 picks so he'll have enough ammo to move around and make some noise. Luckily for the Vikings, the draft is deep in areas we need help at (OL, DL, CB, WR).
    2019 Vikings Draft :