Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Anyone else glad Stefanski was named Browns HC? Addition by subtraction?
    what we really don't know is what Stefanski's offense would've looked like without 2 strong personalities in his ear about it....Kubiak and Zimmer...........still happy for him

Originally I was thinking Klint Kubiak replacing him was a good idea....then realized he's been the QB coach...to me one thing needed is a coach who helps Cousins rid himself of some bad habits.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Anyone else glad Stefanski was named Browns HC? Addition by subtraction?
    I honestly feel bad for the Browns. I hope everything works out for Stefanski and the Browns but I just don't see any of this ending well for them.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    what we really don't know is what Stefanski's offense would've looked like without 2 strong personalities in his ear about it....Kubiak and Zimmer...........still happy for him

Originally I was thinking Klint Kubiak replacing him was a good idea....then realized he's been the QB coach...to me one thing needed is a coach who helps Cousins rid himself of some bad habits.
    It is truly hard to know exactly whos offensive we really watched. I had read something that said Zimmer was very heavily involved in the offense this year and it was making the Wilfs question him as a head coach. Not sure how true that was but either way, this offense needs to greatly improve. Only getting 7 first downs and 147 yards against the 49ers was pathetic and the way the offense looked against the Packers was abysmal (Also only 7 first downs with 139 yards). That is just not acceptable if you want to win a Super Bowl.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

That's usually the next step for a QB coach is OC. With Zim's season ending presser he said he does not want to change offensive philosophy again and highlighted continuity to be successful. This leads me to believe the Klint will be the guy and Gary will continue with his role as whatever it was lol. I also guess that Adam Zimmer will get the DC job but that one I'm not as sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    It is truly hard to know exactly whos offensive we really watched. I had read something that said Zimmer was very heavily involved in the offense this year and it was making the Wilfs question him as a head coach. Not sure how true that was but either way, this offense needs to greatly improve. Only getting 7 first downs and 147 yards against the 49ers was pathetic and the way the offense looked against the Packers was abysmal (Also only 7 first downs with 139 yards). That is just not acceptable if you want to win a Super Bowl.
    The Wilfs questions Zim or Stefansky? Seems odd that they would be questioning why the HC should be involved with the offense. But then again, reports indicated the FO really like Kevin.

However, with some talk of Zim being on the hot seat at the end of the year you have to think his seat will be a little warm next to start. If things don't go as planned and we do end up moving on I would really like to hire Eric Bienemy.

Bring back Shurmur at OC, he had a nice little 1 yr run here. Otherwise bring someone new in. I am not a fan of just giving it to young Kubiak.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    He wasnít fired. His contract expired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh okay. The notification I got on my phone was that he was fired. I didnít know his contract expired.

Adam Zimmer our next DC?

Quote Originally Posted by herdapop View Post
    Bring back Shurmur at OC, he had a nice little 1 yr run here. Otherwise bring someone new in. I am not a fan of just giving it to young Kubiak.
    Shurmur already took the Broncos OC job.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Oh okay. The notification I got on my phone was that he was fired. I didnít know his contract expired.

Adam Zimmer our next DC?
    Rotoworld put he was fired too but Courtney Cronin tweeted his contract was expiring. Edwards wants to call plays and I bet he ends up in Cleveland.

Our next DC is going to be interesting. Will we even hire one? Zim calls the defense anyway. Anybody who ends up in that role really only owns the title but not much of the responsibility. Doubt it's a very attractive job. I read Andre Patterson could be a candidate.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Gary Kubiak needs to be our OC. It would be an easy transition and that's what we need after last year. I think having Andre Patterson be our DC would be a pretty good move. Though maybe some new blood could go a long ways as well.

Jerry Gray also not returning next season
    2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Gary Kubiak needs to be our OC. It would be an easy transition and that's what we need after last year. I think having Andre Patterson be our DC would be a pretty good move. Though maybe some new blood could go a long ways as well.
    Gary mentioned that he liked his role because it doesn't have all the rigors of a full time coach and he does not want that. I expect Gary to stay in his current role and assist Klint with being the OC.

Zimmer talked continuity in selecting an OC.........which to me sounds like Klint Kubiak...with his dad staying in his current role, and hiring a new QB coach.

How weird, then, would it be if the new DC is Zimmer's kid, the new OC Kubiak's kid
    but Andre Patterson would be a better DC choice to me
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The Wilfs questions Zim or Stefansky? Seems odd that they would be questioning why the HC should be involved with the offense. But then again, reports indicated the FO really like Kevin.

However, with some talk of Zim being on the hot seat at the end of the year you have to think his seat will be a little warm next to start. If things don't go as planned and we do end up moving on I would really like to hire Eric Bienemy.
    They were questioning Zimmer. The article I read stated they were concerned about Zimmer spending too much time with offensive and the defense suffering because of it. That same article mentioned that the Wilfs had full trust in Stefanski to run the offense and they wanted Zimmer to focus on defense which is why they hired him. Basically, Zimmer was micromanaging the offense.