Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 158 of 171 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 2,356 to 2,370 of 2551
    Zimmer will get us over the hump eventually. Before he arrived, our defense was the worst in the league, we didn't have a franchise QB, and were on our way to becoming the Browns/Lions. He's had a ton of stupid **** to deal with that's been out of his control. It feels like the people who want Zimmer gone think we're automatically going to find some young stud coordinator who will revolutionize the game. The game always catches up to those guys. McVay didn't even make the playoffs this year. We may win this week, we may lose, but I think getting rid of Zimmer would be ****ing stupid.

#Vikings' Points Allowed Per Game Ranking Over the Last Decade:

2011: 31st
    2012: 15th
    2013: 32nd
    2014: 11th <--- Mike Zimmer arrives
    2015: 5th
    2016: 6th
    2017: 1st
    2018: 9th
    2019: 6th

@NickOlsonNFL

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    Zimmer will get us over the hump eventually. Before he arrived, our defense was the worst in the league, we didn't have a franchise QB, and were on our way to becoming the Browns/Lions. He's had a ton of stupid **** to deal with that's been out of his control. It feels like the people who want Zimmer gone think we're automatically going to find some young stud coordinator who will revolutionize the game. The game always catches up to those guys. McVay didn't even make the playoffs this year. We may win this week, we may lose, but I think getting rid of Zimmer would be ****ing stupid.

@NickOlsonNFL
    Zimmer has changed the entire culture of the Vikings organization in such a good way that should not got unnoticed. I get the rumors of the Vikings really really liking Stefanski but I'm really torn on parting ways with Zim as well. But I get it...it just reminds me of some teams just needing to try something to get over the hump. I mean Philly moved on from a very successful Andy Reid, Tampa moved on from a successful Tony Dungy. If we went with Stefanski I would not be opposed as I think he would keep that Zim culture.

Vikings are in line to get 4th and 2 7th round compensatory picks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Zimmer has changed the entire culture of the Vikings organization in such a good way that should not got unnoticed. I get the rumors of the Vikings really really liking Stefanski but I'm really torn on parting ways with Zim as well. But I get it...it just reminds me of some teams just needing to try something to get over the hump. I mean Philly moved on from a very successful Andy Reid, Tampa moved on from a successful Tony Dungy. If we went with Stefanski I would not be opposed as I think he would keep that Zim culture.
    Zimmer has given us stability. That's great. I just wish he'd let his coaches coach and him be a "manager". I can't help but think he limits our offense with his vanilla run, run, run then get pissed when we lose approach. I think he's a top 10 coach and we need to be careful with what we wish for that's for sure. But, I think this team under achieves. I said last year that I was okay with Zimmer staying, but he needs to let his coordinator's coordinate and he needs to coach/manage the game and it's situations. In other words someone above him needs to clip his wings.
    Last edited by pavikingsfan; 01-04-2020 at 07:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post

@NickOlsonNFL
    Here's another interesting stat. We have won 18 games over the last two seasons. A whopping 2 of those wins have been against teams who finished the year with a winning record. Philadelphia both years. . . . . Gues what? Every team in the playoffs has a winning record. Running the table in the playoff's would seem as likely as signing a QB who has an atrocious record against winning teams to take us to the Super Bowl. Oh, snap....

Quote Originally Posted by pavikingsfan View Post
    Zimmer has given us stability. That's great. I just wish he'd let his coaches coach and him be a "manager". I can't help but think he limits our offense with his vanilla run, run, run then get pissed when we lose approach. I think he's a top 10 coach and we need to be careful with what we wish for that's for sure. But, I think this team under achieves. I said last year that I was okay with Zimmer staying, but he needs to let his coordinator's coordinate and he needs to coach/manage the game and it's situations. In other words someone above him needs to clip his wings.
    If you are a viking fan and you have watched every game then you know any Zimmer stat you can throw out there is a joke. Yes players dont get arrested any longer, thats the only thing he can hang his hat on. But when it comes to big games and game planning, he is awful.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Vikings are in line to get 4th and 2 7th round compensatory picks.

Ugh thatís it? I thought we were getting higher picks

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Ugh thatís it? I thought we were getting higher picks
    Richardson was close to being a 3rd

2019 Vikings Draft :

Odds are looking good that we can keep Stefanski for another year. Rhule was hired by the Panthers. Browns are the one to watch for Stefanski but it seems McDaniels is their first choice.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Odds are looking good that we can keep Stefanski for another year. Rhule was hired by the Panthers. Browns are the one to watch for Stefanski but it seems McDaniels is their first choice.

If Stefanski does get a job, at least we have both Kubiaks to replace him.

If Stefanski does get a job, at least we have both Kubiaks to replace him.
    Ya I'd have to assume Klint would be the next man up with Gary keeping his same role. Can't rule out Pat coming back as well but I would like Klint to get his shot since he knows the system.

That would be great. You have to think the Browns and Giants at this point really need to get this right. I'm not saying I don't think Kevin would be a good HC but damn he's still really young, only been OC for 1 full year now. I'd be a little hesitant if I were them.

Looks like Stefanski is the Browns new HC.

Would like to see the Vikes
    1: Bring back Shurmur to pair with Kubiak
    2: Mcdaniels? No idea if that would be good or not TBH

Stefanski to the Browns as HC

Stefanski to the Browns as HC
    Good. Iíd rather have Kubiak calling plays tbh