Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1693
    This is a great deal for both sides. Not sure where that puts us for cap space but we need a kicker still. If we do end up moving Waynes which does not appear likely we could then bump Theilan's salary and possibly an iOL thru FA

Pretty good news on Griff. Funny how we were all kicking and screaming just 2 years ago about how we would be losing half of our stars when it came time to give out big contracts. I still don't believe the Vikes front office moves money the way they do, just crazy. Not only did we retain them all but we also signed Kirk to his big deal.

I fully expect in the next few weeks that we restructure Rudy and shift that money to Theilen and trade Waynes. There are a few FA CBs left on the market that it sounds like teams like the 49ers, texans, and indy are all duking it out for and I think once the dust settles one of them will end up working with Rick on a deal for Waynes.

If we can get outta this offseason with all of our own and add a draft pick (2019 or 2020) and focus the draft on Oline/TE/LB/DE/DT. I think we are in GREAT SHAPE.

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Pretty good news on Griff. Funny how we were all kicking and screaming just 2 years ago about how we would be losing half of our stars when it came time to give out big contracts. I still don't believe the Vikes front office moves money the way they do, just crazy. Not only did we retain them all but we also signed Kirk to his big deal.

I fully expect in the next few weeks that we restructure Rudy and shift that money to Theilen and trade Waynes. There are a few FA CBs left on the market that it sounds like teams like the 49ers, texans, and indy are all duking it out for and I think once the dust settles one of them will end up working with Rick on a deal for Waynes.

If we can get outta this offseason with all of our own and add a draft pick (2019 or 2020) and focus the draft on Oline/TE/LB/DE/DT. I think we are in GREAT SHAPE.
    Also, says alot about the players taking that cut and wanting to stay here. It says a lot about our organization.

Draft class is deep in OL, TE and DL so we should be able to get some good players. LB/CB are not very deep it appears.

Vikings now have about 7.3 million in cap space. Wouldn't be surprised if they don't sign anybody until after the draft.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Also, I hope the people pushing for Zimmer and Spielman to get fired realize what we have going on here in special. Barr and Griffen both took less money to stay here. Say what you want about Cousins but he chose to play here and took less money. Sheldon Richardson turned down more money for a chance to play on our d-line. Spielman, despite the OL issues, has put together a roster that can compete for the SB. Zimmer has created an environment where guys want to play for this team. The Wilfs have built top of the line, first class structures. This is the BEST shape this organization has been in a long time.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Also, I hope the people pushing for Zimmer and Spielman to get fired realize what we have going on here in special. Barr and Griffen both took less money to stay here. Say what you want about Cousins but he chose to play here and took less money. Sheldon Richardson turned down more money for a chance to play on our d-line. Spielman, despite the OL issues, has put together a roster that can compete for the SB. Zimmer has created an environment where guys want to play for this team. The Wilfs have built top of the line, first class structures. This is the BEST shape this organization has been in a long time.
    Shemar just said in his presser that he came back because of the culture here as well. Said he missed it his 1 year away

It still ultimately comes down to results though. If you faulter late in the year or dont have playoff success then having a classy organization still doesn’t mean too much to me. We severely underachieved last year so if we go this year and dont make the playoffs again or get bounced in the wild card round then all that stuff is a moot point IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does Field Yates understand that saying 'air tight cap situation' doesn't really mean quite what he meant it to?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    does Field Yates understand that saying 'air tight cap situation' doesn't really mean quite what he meant it to?
    Good ol field.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    It still ultimately comes down to results though. If you faulter late in the year or dont have playoff success then having a classy organization still doesn’t mean too much to me. We severely underachieved last year so if we go this year and dont make the playoffs again or get bounced in the wild card round then all that stuff is a moot point IMO

I expect the results to be better. Last year the schedule was rough. 6 playoff teams, including both in the SB. 3/4 of the conference title teams. Zimmer always seems to rotate winnings seasons with .500 seasons so next year we'll go 15-1 or something lol
    2018 Vikings Draft :

I expect the results to be better. Last year the schedule was rough. 6 playoff teams, including both in the SB. 3/4 of the conference title teams. Zimmer always seems to rotate winnings seasons with .500 seasons so next year we'll go 15-1 or something lol
    If we sneak into the playoffs and win some games in the playoffs id MUCH rather prefer that then winning in the regular season and getting bounced. Tired of watching other teams in january and not ours. Just gimme one ‘ship. Just one and im good for life.

The vikings last super bowl appearance was ‘77. Every other nfc team has appeared in one since ive been alive (85) except lions and vikings. Hell, every nfc has appeared in one since 1992 except lions/vikings. This is what i think about from time to time lol

The vikings last super bowl appearance was ‘77. Every other nfc team has appeared in one since ive been alive (85) except lions and vikings. Hell, every nfc has appeared in one since 1992 except lions/vikings. This is what i think about from time to time lol

OMG, I did not know that and that really makes me ill lol.

Very true, but I don't think Zimmer is going anywhere even if he does not bring us a championship anytime soon. As long as he has the locker room then everything will stay the same, at least for the near future. You look at guys like Andy Reid who are really good but just can't quite get there for whatever reason. I hope Zim can get us over the hump sooner than later or never at all. He's the type of guy I want to see bring it to Minnesota.

I know this is looking ahead in terms of Kirks contract. If Kirk gets us to the playoffs the next 2 years and is still putting up good numbers (comparable to what he has) I could see him taking a discount to help the team win as well. I know it appears that we need a rookie QB to hit but the problem with that is we aren't going to be bad enough to get a Tua or a Lawrence. Even though I would totally tank the 2020 season for Lawrence.