Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 178 of 192 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2874
    Is/was Lamp that good thus far in the pros?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMark247 View Post

Ya I'm not entirely sure. All I can see is that he graded out at 59 on 157 snaps according to PFF. So given the small sample he grades below Elf.

I have to wonder if the teams thinks much higher of Elf than we do. The thing with Elf is he has some good games against the less talented DL but then gets absolutely destroyed against the better guys. So maybe they see that is something that he can build on?

Would Elflein be better suited at RG?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference when it seems like the biggest issue is anchor/strength.

My 4 year old daughter is better suited than Elflein

Quote Originally Posted by MagicMark247 View Post

He's barely played. He tore his ACL during his rookie year and never played a snap. His second year it seems like he was slow getting back to 100% and started training camp on the PUP list. He only appeared in 2 games. Last year he started 2 games but was hurt again and knocked out for the year in week 7. He's definitely risky but the Chargers are full of bad luck so maybe getting out of there will help his career.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    My 4 year old daughter is better suited than Elflein
    Why do you make your 4 yr old daughter wear a suit?
    Oh, I get it

Elflein went all Matt Kalil on us....seemed decent to even above average initially, then that thought went away completely after year 1

Why do you make your 4 yr old daughter wear a suit?
    Oh, I get it

Elflein went all Matt Kalil on us....seemed decent to even above average initially, then that thought went away completely after year 1
    Even to an extent Kalil was not as good as his rookie year made it seem. Though it was promising after that 1st year. Pat was not very good his rookie year but has made improvements each year since. I do feel Bradbury is off to a better start than Elf.

Vikings seem poised to extend Dalvin Cook, even in these anti-RB times

By Chad Graff

Mike Zimmer gave his coaching staff time to digest a complex season, sending the assistants home for a week before it was time to evaluate and make decisions. Upon their return, as coaches met with the front office to create a plan of attack for the crucial coming months, they returned to a certain game that they felt underscored the importance of a single player.

Visions went back to Dec. 23, a Monday Night Football game in front of the nation. Dalvin Cook wore a purple sweatshirt with the hood up, the first time he’d missed a game all season. He often stood behind Mike Zimmer, the stalwart coach who stared at the field where his offense struggled to do much of anything in a home game against the Green Bay Packers. When it was over, Zimmer tersely shook the hand of Packers coach Matt LaFleur and walked past a scoreboard flashing the reality of the offense’s futility. They finished with 139 yards. Only seven first downs.

That, combined with Cook’s effectiveness two weeks later in helping lead the Vikings to a road playoff win in New Orleans, seemed to seal Zimmer’s thoughts on the future of his running back. In offseason meetings, it’s been brought up how much the Vikings’ offense struggled without Cook against the Packers. For all the talk of running backs being easily replaced and not deserving of large contracts, Vikings coaches feel they’re built differently and boast a running back who plays differently. It’s a team that wants to run the ball and one that just traded its top target in the passing game. It’s all led to a prevailing thought among those around the league: the Vikings seem poised to sign Cook to a lucrative extension before the season starts.

At the combine, the two sides met and expressed mutual interest in a deal that would keep Cook in Minnesota for several years. While there’s at least some reason to believe Cook may not play next season if he doesn’t get a new contract, it was signaled that Cook would still attend organized team activities and minicamp (if they are to take place amid the COVID-19 crisis) without a new deal.

Actual negotiations between the sides were tabled until April to allow the Vikings time to focus on free agency in March. But both want to be proactive with hopes of inking Cook to an extension before a holdout would be possible.

The Vikings’ feelings toward Cook have been on display the last past few weeks as the team has mostly sat out negotiations with big-money free agents. Even if it’s been maddening to fans who have watched several starters leave the Vikings with few replacements in sight, the team has wanted to set aside some salary cap space to be able to sign Cook to a new deal, as well as sign their draft class. Everything depends on how a potential extension is structured, but there’s belief the team may need around $6 million in cap space this season if they’re able to sign a new deal with Cook. They have a little more than $10 million in space as of now, and also need to sign their draft class.

For the Vikings, an extension would lock up the player they’ve built their offense around. Even if it doesn’t jive with analytics, Zimmer believes there’s a lot of value in establishing the run and using it to set up play action, where Kirk Cousins thrives. When Cook is healthy, the Vikings feel there aren’t many better running backs in the entire league. He’s earned Zimmer’s trust for the way he’s carried the ball, racking up 1,654 total yards and 13 touchdowns in 14 games last season in a Pro Bowl campaign, and earned his respect for volunteering to play through a shoulder injury at the end of the season.

For Cook, an extension would keep him with the general manager that first showed faith in him by trading up to draft him and would mean he still gets to play in the rare NFL offense centered on the run. He excelled in the zone rushing scheme that Gary Kubiak helped implement and would be in line for plenty more carries with Kubiak now running the show.

Of course, no signing comes without risk and certainly not at running back. Just last week, the Los Angeles Rams cut Todd Gurley two years into the four-year, $60 million extension he signed in 2018. The Vikings understand that and know negotiations with Cook’s camp could take months before a deal is reached.

But they look at Cook as a leader in the locker room who in some ways represents what Stefon Diggs wasn’t with the Vikings. Cook is a no-nonsense player who seldom strays from the company line publicly and is liked and respected by both coaches and teammates who praise his work ethic and admire how he approached rehab from a serious injury.

It’s also worth reflecting on how different Cook’s status would be had he been drafted in the first round. Teams are able to place former first-round picks on a fifth-year option, which would’ve allowed the Vikings to keep Cook under contract another year and punted potential negotiations further down the line. But, of course, the Vikings didn’t have a first-round pick in the 2017 draft and had to trade up to select Cook No. 41 overall that year.

That all sets up a fascinating round of negotiations for the running backs class of 2017 which includes Christian McCaffrey, Alvin Kamara, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Kareem Hunt, James Conner, Tarik Cohen, Aaron Jones and Cook.

It’s unclear who among those will first sign an extension and how lucrative that deal will be. But what is becoming clear is that the Vikings have interest in retaining Cook for a long time.
    https://theathletic.com/1703886/2020...k-mike-zimmer/
    2020 Vikings Draft:

How much do you think he should get? I feel anything over $8 million would be over pay when you consider his somewhat injured history. 3 year $24 million would seem like a good deal for both and allow for him to still get a good shot at another decent contract.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    How much do you think he should get? I feel anything over $8 million would be over pay when you consider his somewhat injured history. 3 year $24 million would seem like a good deal for both and allow for him to still get a good shot at another decent contract.
    Doogie said his camp is expected to “ask for the moon”. So he’s probably aiming to beat Zekes contract. If we do that I will move over to the fire Rick Spielman side.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Doogie said his camp is expected to “ask for the moon”. So he’s probably aiming to beat Zekes contract. If we do that I will move over to the fire Rick Spielman side.

Are you forgetting who does the contracts? I have no worries man 💃

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post
    Are you forgetting who does the contracts? I have no worries man 💃
    I used to think that....then this offseason happened

I used to think that....then this offseason happened
    And I'm still not worried 😂😂😂😂😂

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Quote Originally Posted by vikings4lifebro View Post