Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 177 of 194 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2897
  1. #2641
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    515
    Do you guys think we might trade for Williams as to why we havenít cut Reiff yet? Iím just trying to come up with some logic as to why he havenít even asked him to restructure?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2642
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMark247 View Post
    Do you guys think we might trade for Williams as to why we havenít cut Reiff yet? Iím just trying to come up with some logic as to why he havenít even asked him to restructure?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Someone is going to trade for Trent Williams and it may very well be us but I think overall the Vikings fan base is less happy with Reiff than the Vikings. The fact that he hasn't been released, rumored to be on block, or even word they have asked him to restructure tells me they think he has been above average and an upgrade next to him may be more priority.

    I think it is more likely we trade for a starting Guard via Anthony Harris or Picks than for an OG. We have 3 picks in Round 1-2 and I think we draft the Best Tackle Available before the end of round 2. They would compete for LT and LG for 2020 with the plan to kick out to LT in 2021.

    New Line
    Reiff/ Rookie
    Sumia/Elflien/Rookie Battle for starter
    Bradbury
    OG via Trade
    O'neill

    *** I know these are abnormal times with the virus but it is frustrating watching teams sign players like crazy and not a single rumor or whisper of what the Vikings are working on or trying to do.

  3. #2643
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,191
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicMark247 View Post
    Do you guys think we might trade for Williams as to why we havenít cut Reiff yet? Iím just trying to come up with some logic as to why he havenít even asked him to restructure?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Who said the Vikings haven't asked him to restructure? And honestly if I'm Reiff I would decline a restructure. What leverage do the Vikings have? Their not going to cut him right now. We have no internal replacement and the best FA is a 38 year old Jason Peters. Sure they can draft a rookie LT but that's a risky move when Kirk is your QB plus there is no guarantee one falls to Minnesota. Trent Williams would be great but he'll cost a draft pick plus a ton of cash. Reiff is only a league average tackle but that's at least good enough. We've seen what truly bad OT play looks like. I agree 100% he hasn't lived up his contract but again without any leverage the Vikings are stuck with the contract they gave him. Things may change if one of the stud LT's falls but at least for now Reiff isn't going anywhere.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  4. #2644
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,589
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Someone is going to trade for Trent Williams and it may very well be us but I think overall the Vikings fan base is less happy with Reiff than the Vikings. The fact that he hasn't been released, rumored to be on block, or even word they have asked him to restructure tells me they think he has been above average and an upgrade next to him may be more priority.

    I think it is more likely we trade for a starting Guard via Anthony Harris or Picks than for an OG. We have 3 picks in Round 1-2 and I think we draft the Best Tackle Available before the end of round 2. They would compete for LT and LG for 2020 with the plan to kick out to LT in 2021.

    New Line
    Reiff/ Rookie
    Sumia/Elflien/Rookie Battle for starter
    Bradbury
    OG via Trade
    O'neill

    *** I know these are abnormal times with the virus but it is frustrating watching teams sign players like crazy and not a single rumor or whisper of what the Vikings are working on or trying to do.
    OG via trade? You do you have in mind?

    I still want Forrest Lamp.

  5. #2645
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Who said the Vikings haven't asked him to restructure? And honestly if I'm Reiff I would decline a restructure. What leverage do the Vikings have? Their not going to cut him right now. We have no internal replacement and the best FA is a 38 year old Jason Peters. Sure they can draft a rookie LT but that's a risky move when Kirk is your QB plus there is no guarantee one falls to Minnesota. Trent Williams would be great but he'll cost a draft pick plus a ton of cash. Reiff is only a league average tackle but that's at least good enough. We've seen what truly bad OT play looks like. I agree 100% he hasn't lived up his contract but again without any leverage the Vikings are stuck with the contract they gave him. Things may change if one of the stud LT's falls but at least for now Reiff isn't going anywhere.
    I don't know that they haven't asked him to restructure but with sports reporting the last few years these kinds of things tend to be known. You would typically hear rumors about anything that is happening from a Schefter or Rappaport or the agents of players but like I said this year obviously is different. The only real news on any Vikings Oline was that Reiff could move to OG and that seemed loosely based off a journalist asking Zimmer if they would condsider it and not them saying they would consider it.

    Like you said, Reiff has his contract and I think they have been okay with his play so I don't see him being released or cut in favor or Trent Williams. I find it more plausible they would be more aggressive after an OG seeing as this is a weak draft class for the position.

  6. #2646
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,643
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Who said the Vikings haven't asked him to restructure? And honestly if I'm Reiff I would decline a restructure. What leverage do the Vikings have? Their not going to cut him right now. We have no internal replacement and the best FA is a 38 year old Jason Peters. Sure they can draft a rookie LT but that's a risky move when Kirk is your QB plus there is no guarantee one falls to Minnesota. Trent Williams would be great but he'll cost a draft pick plus a ton of cash. Reiff is only a league average tackle but that's at least good enough. We've seen what truly bad OT play looks like. I agree 100% he hasn't lived up his contract but again without any leverage the Vikings are stuck with the contract they gave him. Things may change if one of the stud LT's falls but at least for now Reiff isn't going anywhere.
    Jason Peters is an excellent option. He is durable for the most part and rated as PFF's No. 6 overall offensive tackle last season. I'd consider him a very nice upgrade over Reiff.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  7. #2647
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    OG via trade? You do you have in mind?

    I still want Forrest Lamp.
    Honestly I don't know who would be willing to move a starter but who knows with teams looking at rebuilds.
    I would be happier with signing Peters and Persons if we can trade Harris and get the cap if needed.

    Peters, Reiff, Bradbury, Persons, Oneill?

  8. #2648
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,317
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Honestly I don't know who would be willing to move a starter but who knows with teams looking at rebuilds.
    I would be happier with signing Peters and Persons if we can trade Harris and get the cap if needed.

    Peters, Reiff, Bradbury, Persons, Oneill?
    I remember last year we were tossing around the idea of seeing Forrest Lamps availability with the Chargers. Not sure if plays at all for them or maybe he isn't even available.

  9. #2649
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,317
    Ha just noticed Swayze mentioned him lol

  10. #2650
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,317
    We have about $14million in cap space. If we move on from Harris that will jump up to $25 million I believe. It seems to me that we are going to at least look to keep Harris if the price is right. I also think we will look at a guy like Logan Ryan for CB.

  11. #2651
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,191
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Jason Peters is an excellent option. He is durable for the most part and rated as PFF's No. 6 overall offensive tackle last season. I'd consider him a very nice upgrade over Reiff.
    I would be on board with this but that's to assume Peters wants to come here. He's also risky because he's 38 and hasn't played 16 games two of the last three years. I'm accepting the fact we're stuck with Reiff for another season.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  12. #2652
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,191
    I don't think anybody on PSD is a bigger fan of Forrest Lamp than me lol
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  13. #2653
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,191
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    We have about $14million in cap space. If we move on from Harris that will jump up to $25 million I believe. It seems to me that we are going to at least look to keep Harris if the price is right. I also think we will look at a guy like Logan Ryan for CB.
    Hill isn't being counted towards the cap yet until his contract details come out. He made 2 million last year so I assume he'll make the same. Top 51 count towards the cap so if Hill's signing is around 2 million, he'll knock out someone making about 600k so it'll be about 1.5 total added to our total cash. Draft class will cost about 4.5ish million towards the cap when you consider the top 51 rule. So we realistically have about 8 million to play with. Trading/rescinding/extending Harris will increase that number.

    Ryan would be nice but he stated he won't take less than what he got paid last year, which was 10 million. Good luck to him getting that much but he's still likely too expensive. I would rather go after Robey-Coleman. Young and cheaper and might even be a better corner at this point.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  14. #2654
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    13,285
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I don't think anybody on PSD is a bigger fan of Forrest Lamp than me lol
    Life is like a box of chocolates....wait, wrong Forrest.......tho I bet he likes chocolate
    Lamp+pick for Harris?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  15. #2655
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    18,191
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Life is like a box of chocolates....wait, wrong Forrest.......tho I bet he likes chocolate
    Lamp+pick for Harris?
    I would rather just keep Harris. Sign him a long term deal. Lowers his cap hit in 2020 and keeps him around long term.

    We have a boat load of picks so just trade one of them for Lamp. At this point, he shouldn't cost much to acquire. His cap hit should only be about 1.5 million if we can acquire him.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •