Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 173 of 194 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2898
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    But he did pull the ďdrama queenĒ act.

Do you not remember Thielen and Cousins getting into a heated side line argument? What about in September when he called out the passing offense? Two straight years now when things have gone south on the field Thielen has voiced his displeasure. Please find me one article or post where someone called Thielen a diva and wanted him traded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thatís not what Iím talking about. Iím fine with both of them going after their QB to play better. What Iím not cool with and makes you look like a straight up b!tch, is jumping on social media and having temper tantrum. I donít recall Thielen ever doing that, if he did, it would talked about and probably more so because heís a local kid.

Rapsheet tweeted the Vikings have let teams know Anthony Harris can be had for a mid to late round pick.

2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Yep we are seeing a slight rebuild here. Which I feel we can make a quick turn around with player development and good draft. We still have some nice pieces to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Yep we are seeing a slight rebuild here. Which I feel we can make a quick turn around with player development and good draft. We still have some nice pieces to work with.
    This would only make sense if we were moving on from Cousins not pushing all in right now behind him. We are like trying to do the rebuild at the same time as we are all in behind an aging QB lol.

Rapsheet tweeted the Vikings have let teams know Anthony Harris can be had for a mid to late round pick.

Is there any cap hit that would be with this? So we basically just franchised him to get a free pick?

Mid to late is a crock. He is definitely worth at least a 2nd.

I wonder if we could use him and and a second to move into the first for a third first rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Mid to late is a crock. He is definitely worth at least a 2nd.

I wonder if we could use him and and a second to move into the first for a third first rounder.
    This seems like a negaotiating tactic for Rick. We have Harris locked up for a year and in a position to negotiate a contract. We can leverage low ball offers like a 4-6 rd pick when considering on extension or work a bidding war if one actually exists. Idk what will happen but Hope he gets extended at a reasonable contract or traded for a 3 or higher.

dalvin cook
    rb, minnesota vikings

st. Paul pioneer press' chris tomasson reports the vikings "have had some talks about a possible contract extension for rb dalvin cook."

tomasson added that his source expects those talks to ramp up after the vikings get through free agency. Cook is entering the last year of his rookie deal. He was magnificent in 2019, posting 250-1,135-13 rushing and 53-519-0 receiving lines as the focal point of the league's eighth-ranked scoring offense. Still, cook has played in just 29-of-48 regular season games since being drafted in the second round of the 2017 draft. He's undoubtedly one of the top rbs in the league when healthy, but we've seen how paying the position top dollar usually works out.

Source: Chris tomasson on twitter
    mar 17, 2020, 1:23 pm et
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Is there any cap hit that would be with this? So we basically just franchised him to get a free pick?
    No, there is no dead money involved with the franchise tag.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    No dead money but I'm a little confused why they tagged him if their intent is to trade him. The contract Harris is going to sign would have likely netted us a 3rd round comp pick next year. I'm not sure we can get a 3rd rounder for him this year. 4th seems more likely. Whoever wants Harris will have to trade a draft pick for him plus hand out a hefty contract.

I can only come up with 2 guesses as to why they would tag and trade him. #1 is they want to have the pick(s) this year so they can be aggressive in the draft. #2 is they have a player targeted in FA they want to sign and that signing would off set the comp pick gained for losing Harris. No idea who they could be looking to spend that kind of money on but we'll see.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    This seems like a negaotiating tactic for Rick. We have Harris locked up for a year and in a position to negotiate a contract. We can leverage low ball offers like a 4-6 rd pick when considering on extension or work a bidding war if one actually exists. Idk what will happen but Hope he gets extended at a reasonable contract or traded for a 3 or higher.
    The mid to late round pick quote makes no sense to me, he's already worth a 3rd round compensatory. Unless they want a pick in this years draft compared to next..

Not news but I've been watching some old Vikings highlights lately. Just finished the OT drive against the Saints last year and now watching the Vikings (with Favre) dismantle the Cowboys in the playoffs. Check it out if you want smile. Hope everyone is doing well with everything that's going on right now.

Ok so the Browns want Harris and have said that either Landry or Odell could be available. Do you guys think we could make that swap for one of their WR's? They both have big contracts with Landry the only one having any sort of dead money. Odell we could have for four years and could cut/trade at any point with no penalty at all.

I know Odell and his past but maybe being in Cleveland humbled him a bit lol. IDK, he's still a good player and Landry feels like he would be good but somewhat the same as Theilan perhaps. Just spit ballin.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Ok so the Browns want Harris and have said that either Landry or Odell could be available. Do you guys think we could make that swap for one of their WR's? They both have big contracts with Landry the only one having any sort of dead money. Odell we could have for four years and could cut/trade at any point with no penalty at all.

I know Odell and his past but maybe being in Cleveland humbled him a bit lol. IDK, he's still a good player and Landry feels like he would be good but somewhat the same as Theilan perhaps. Just spit ballin.
    I remember a couple months ago Vegas had us as the 4th favorite to land OBJ.

I think the organization should just admit we are rebuilding. We have to many holes now to be competitive. There are some players we can get rid of to get some draft picks, including Cook.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you cant beat them, join them

trade away a guy some perceived as a diva but only kinda was.......then trade for a guy who most definitely IS a diva? don't like it.....
    gotta love 'referential' treatment