Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 161 of 186 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2789
  1. #2401
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,577
    I wasn't aware of this but I guess Rick Spielman and Mike Zimmer have contracts that expire at the end of 2020
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  2. #2402
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    20,577
    GEORGE PATON
    G, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    Jan 13, 2020, 1:31 PM ET

    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Browns have requested to interview Vikings assistant GM George Paton for their GM opening.

    Paton was close with new Browns coach Kevin Stefanski and was recommended as a potential hire upon the latter's arrival. Paton previously turned down multiple interview requests from Cleveland but this scenario is obviously a new one altogether. Cleveland will also interview Eagles VP of football operations Andrew Berry for their GM vacancy.

    SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Rumor is that Edwards might be following Stefanski as well
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

  3. #2403
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Central, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    761
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    GEORGE PATON
    G, MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    Jan 13, 2020, 1:31 PM ET



    Rumor is that Edwards might be following Stefanski as well

    I hope Stefanski succeeds. Would be nice to see Edwards go and actually get to be a defensive coordinator and not an afterthought like he was in Minnesota. I just can't figure out why Zimmer is so hell bent on being a head coach when he can't even let go of being a defensive coordinator (who has a history of mixed bag results when his defense plays good teams). Don't worry though, the Wilfs are making money on this team being a 2nd tier "successful" squad, so Zim and Rick are likely to stay indefinitely. I wouldn't bet against Cleveland figuring out how to get to the Super Bowl before us. We are clearly stuck in a wash, rinse and repeat cycle. Maybe if we stay steady everyone else will regress to our level? Maybe.....

  4. #2404
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,928
    Seems half the organization is following Stefanski. We already had Minnesota West in Seattle. Now we'll have Minnesota East in Cleveland lol
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  5. #2405
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,467
    Quote Originally Posted by pavikingsfan View Post
    I hope Stefanski succeeds. Would be nice to see Edwards go and actually get to be a defensive coordinator and not an afterthought like he was in Minnesota. I just can't figure out why Zimmer is so hell bent on being a head coach when he can't even let go of being a defensive coordinator (who has a history of mixed bag results when his defense plays good teams). Don't worry though, the Wilfs are making money on this team being a 2nd tier "successful" squad, so Zim and Rick are likely to stay indefinitely. I wouldn't bet against Cleveland figuring out how to get to the Super Bowl before us. We are clearly stuck in a wash, rinse and repeat cycle. Maybe if we stay steady everyone else will regress to our level? Maybe.....
    Honestly I think this may be one of the most critical offseason in the last decade.

    Rick has drafted decently and found some stars. We have done a great job retaining some of those players but at a cost.

    Rick needs to seriously prioritize what this team needs and that is 100% Dline and Oline. It clearly doesn't matter if we have the #1 PFF safety in the NFL or a top 3 RB in the NFL, 2 top 10 WRs, the Best MLB, top 3 Dend or any of that without an Oline and disruptive D Tackle.

    This team needs a new LT, LG, RG, DT before anything else
    2nd Tier Needs CB, OLB

    We can't draft 3 new linemen to start and sadly I don't think we saw much development in year one from anyone to assume they can impact the starting lineup next year.

    Reiff- CUT
    Elflien- Demote
    Linval- Restructure or Cut
    Griffen- Restructure or Cut (Odenigbo and a Draft pick can fill if he refuses)
    Rhodes- Restructure/Trade/Release
    Harris- Sadly we may need to let him walk and draft a replacement (Oline is just much more important)


    I would love to see them get a guy like Scherff and draft a LT round 1. It's been so long since Minnesota signed an impactful FA outside of QB.
    However, if they continue to take CBs in round 1 nothing will change. I like Zimmer a lot but for a guy dubbed a CB whisperer I would think CB would be the last position we would draft in Round 1, let a lone 3 1st rounders and 1 2nd rounder.
    Last edited by El Jorge 69; 01-13-2020 at 05:35 PM.

  6. #2406
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Shell
    Posts
    7,201
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The Wilfs questions Zim or Stefansky? Seems odd that they would be questioning why the HC should be involved with the offense. But then again, reports indicated the FO really like Kevin.

    However, with some talk of Zim being on the hot seat at the end of the year you have to think his seat will be a little warm next to start. If things don't go as planned and we do end up moving on I would really like to hire Eric Bienemy.
    Please

  7. #2407
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,273
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    Honestly I think this may be one of the most critical offseason in the last decade.

    Rick has drafted decently and found some stars. We have done a great job retaining some of those players but at a cost.

    Rick needs to seriously prioritize what this team needs and that is 100% Dline and Oline. It clearly doesn't matter if we have the #1 PFF safety in the NFL or a top 3 RB in the NFL, 2 top 10 WRs, the Best MLB, top 3 Dend or any of that without an Oline and disruptive D Tackle.

    This team needs a new LT, LG, RG, DT before anything else
    2nd Tier Needs CB, OLB

    We can't draft 3 new linemen to start and sadly I don't think we saw much development in year one from anyone to assume they can impact the starting lineup next year.

    Reiff- CUT
    Elflien- Demote
    Linval- Restructure or Cut
    Griffen- Restructure or Cut (Odenigbo and a Draft pick can fill if he refuses)
    Rhodes- Restructure/Trade/Release
    Harris- Sadly we may need to let him walk and draft a replacement (Oline is just much more important)


    I would love to see them get a guy like Scherff and draft a LT round 1. It's been so long since Minnesota signed an impactful FA outside of QB.
    However, if they continue to take CBs in round 1 nothing will change. I like Zimmer a lot but for a guy dubbed a CB whisperer I would think CB would be the last position we would draft in Round 1, let a lone 3 1st rounders and 1 2nd rounder.
    i agree it is a critical off season but we are pretty limited unless we make some pretty significant moves. I think this year is a soft rebuild because we still got some young core guys locked up. Nothing going to change though if we don't fix that interior OL. Go get Brandon Scherff at all costs.

  8. #2408
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,928
    You guys might want to close your eyes. So many missed opportunities.

    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  9. #2409
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,273
    I saw that...I feel the damage was done already. Kirk played intimated...does he have what it takes upstairs to be a winner? That the question the GM will need to answer.

    Serious question...I think Dak Prescot with this current team is a SB contender. Am I crazy? I feel his mobility would be the X factor.

  10. #2410
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,738
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    You guys might want to close your eyes. So many missed opportunities.

    Yup, Kirk was shook.

  11. #2411
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    4,881
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    You guys might want to close your eyes. So many missed opportunities.

    Good quarterbacks are good decision makers. Kirk makes awful decisions on a weekly basis and I understand why Thielen and Diggs canít stand the guy. If we had a solid mobile qb this team would still be playing!

  12. #2412
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,872
    problem is.....this is far from the first game where a breakdown of plays would show Kirk missed a lot of opportunities..........I mean I get that all QBs miss some, but he misses guys literally standing wide open in the middle of his field of view sometimes...sometimes it just seems like he can't process information fast enough and by the time it registers, the opportunity has passed or he simply second guesses what he's seeing...or both.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  13. #2413
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,928
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    problem is.....this is far from the first game where a breakdown of plays would show Kirk missed a lot of opportunities..........I mean I get that all QBs miss some, but he misses guys literally standing wide open in the middle of his field of view sometimes...sometimes it just seems like he can't process information fast enough and by the time it registers, the opportunity has passed or he simply second guesses what he's seeing...or both.
    Happens every time we have a bad loss. More of the same from Kirk. Nobody should be surprised. Heís fools gold.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  14. #2414
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,928
    Mike Hughes is recovering from a broken vertebra in his neck.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  15. #2415
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,273
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Happens every time we have a bad loss. More of the same from Kirk. Nobody should be surprised. Heís fools gold.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe this is what you would call the "IT" factor. You have the ability to slow things down and can just see the field. Kirk is just really odd because there are times where he can do that but things have to be going right. More times than not when he is off script is when you see him struggle. This is what makes Russ, Rodgers, Mahomes so good. It's what they can do off script. I've been backer/supporter of Kirk but he does not have that IT factor. You can still win a lot of games but in order to win it all we would need a lot of other things to go right.

    IMO, we should not extend Kirk. I know we might get a little panicked and try to create cap space this year but unless we fix that OL to elite he will not lead us to a championship. We can get 10-11 wins and make the playoffs but that's about as far as it will go.

    If opportunity presents itself this year...you do what the Chiefs did and grab a QB. We know Burrow will not be in play but maybe that is Tua or Love? I don't know enough about Love...Tua I would be very concerned with injury.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •