Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 159 of 187 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2795
  1. #2371
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,929
    Iím guessing Klint Kubiak will be promoted to OC. Probably deserves the promotion and keeps the Kubiak in house. Shurmur could come back but if he does I could see the Kubiaks following Stefanski to Cleveland. Canít have that happen. Promoting Kubiak would mean most of the offense stays the same.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  2. #2372
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,929
    Iím thinking Shurmur goes to Cleveland with Stefanski. Shurmur tried to bring Stefanski to New York when the Giants hired him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  3. #2373
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    498
    Hello brothers and sisters Iíve been gone for a long time Itís great to still see most of the same posters from years ago. I like Cousins heís a very good QB but not Great and at this point probably never be great. 1 year left on contract. What do you all think of trading a 2020 pick this year for some teams 2021 first rd. pick next year to a projected bad team like the lions etc. for a shot at Trevor Lawrence! Any thoughts?

  4. #2374
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    498
    Donít get me wrong I do like Cousins but his contact will be up and I think Lawrence can be great. I took a ton of bashing on here for trashing the Ponder pick.Hopefully The hatred has eased!

  5. #2375
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    3,467
    Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    Donít get me wrong I do like Cousins but his contact will be up and I think Lawrence can be great. I took a ton of bashing on here for trashing the Ponder pick.Hopefully The hatred has eased!
    The problem with Lawrence is we will need pick #1 to land him. We won't be that bad and I don't think we really have a high enough pick that someone would trade next years 1st for ours this year. Also, whoever has pick #1 will most likely need a QB and no way they pass on him.

    What are your guys thoughts on drafting a guy like Jake Eason in round 2-3? He can sit a year behind Cousins and learn the offense. He's got good size and a strong arm. Also seems pretty athletic, similar to Josh Allen but seems less dumb.

  6. #2376
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    11,941
    Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    Hello brothers and sisters Iíve been gone for a long time Itís great to still see most of the same posters from years ago. I like Cousins heís a very good QB but not Great and at this point probably never be great. 1 year left on contract. What do you all think of trading a 2020 pick this year for some teams 2021 first rd. pick next year to a projected bad team like the lions etc. for a shot at Trevor Lawrence! Any thoughts?
    sorry you've not been around just because some didn't like an opinion

    Cousins is what he is. Unless a new QB/OC (Stefanski's gone it appears) can erase a couple bad habits, games like yesterday will happen. We've sucked at 1st rd picks anyway, so trading out wouldn't bother me........or getting one in a trade.

    We have larger needs, but there could also be some solid QB picks available to us THIS year....question is, pick or not, how does Cousins react if he's NOT extended? What would he expect TO be extended? He shouldn't expect more than what he's already getting.....but I also don't see a rookie QB starting right away as a positive for an otherwise strong team, so that means either drafting a QB THIS year or extending Kirk.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #2377
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    498
    I like Eason He was the top QB in his class out of high school. Got hurt at Georgia and and lost his starting job. 3rd round would be a steal. 2nd rd might be OK.

  8. #2378
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    498
    No I just got too busy to visit. Iíve got a thick skin. Always enjoy the debates. Great to be back. Youíre right about Lawrence going # 1 overall. But maybe itíll be a team that has just drafted their so called franchise QB and weíd have 2 first rd. picks to trade.

  9. #2379
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    498
    Cleveland shouldíve hired San Franís DC not our OC. 18 yards on 9 carries A healthy Cook no less. But thatís Cleveland!

  10. #2380
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    The problem with Lawrence is we will need pick #1 to land him. We won't be that bad and I don't think we really have a high enough pick that someone would trade next years 1st for ours this year. Also, whoever has pick #1 will most likely need a QB and no way they pass on him.

    What are your guys thoughts on drafting a guy like Jake Eason in round 2-3? He can sit a year behind Cousins and learn the offense. He's got good size and a strong arm. Also seems pretty athletic, similar to Josh Allen but seems less dumb.
    Eason's my favorite QB in this draft. I'd love to have him, but I think we would have to spend our first rounder on him cause he won't be there in the second for us. And right now Jacob Eason is not a first round quarterback in my eyes and we need help on the offensive line, so we can't waste a pick on him. Best bet would be to trade outta the first and get some more draft capital. The Colts come to mind. Though I extremely doubt we draft a QB at all.

  11. #2381
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Iím guessing Klint Kubiak will be promoted to OC. Probably deserves the promotion and keeps the Kubiak in house. Shurmur could come back but if he does I could see the Kubiaks following Stefanski to Cleveland. Canít have that happen. Promoting Kubiak would mean most of the offense stays the same.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Either one of the Kubiaks I hope. If not, poor Kirk. This would be the third year in a row with a new system.

  12. #2382
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,929
    Shurmur to the Broncos


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

  13. #2383
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    My Shell
    Posts
    7,201
    Anyone else glad Stefanski was named Browns HC? Addition by subtraction?

  14. #2384
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,543
    George Edwards fired. Iím fine with that

  15. #2385
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    13,273
    Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Anyone else glad Stefanski was named Browns HC? Addition by subtraction?
    I'm happy for Kevin. He's a good guy but still lots to learn. I thought overall he did a pretty good job as OC. Bottom line is our OL is just not talented enough to have successful game plans against good DL's.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •