Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 159 of 187 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 2795
    Iím guessing Klint Kubiak will be promoted to OC. Probably deserves the promotion and keeps the Kubiak in house. Shurmur could come back but if he does I could see the Kubiaks following Stefanski to Cleveland. Canít have that happen. Promoting Kubiak would mean most of the offense stays the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

Iím thinking Shurmur goes to Cleveland with Stefanski. Shurmur tried to bring Stefanski to New York when the Giants hired him.

2020 Vikings Draft:

Hello brothers and sisters Iíve been gone for a long time Itís great to still see most of the same posters from years ago. I like Cousins heís a very good QB but not Great and at this point probably never be great. 1 year left on contract. What do you all think of trading a 2020 pick this year for some teams 2021 first rd. pick next year to a projected bad team like the lions etc. for a shot at Trevor Lawrence! Any thoughts?

Donít get me wrong I do like Cousins but his contact will be up and I think Lawrence can be great. I took a ton of bashing on here for trashing the Ponder pick.Hopefully The hatred has eased!

Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    Donít get me wrong I do like Cousins but his contact will be up and I think Lawrence can be great. I took a ton of bashing on here for trashing the Ponder pick.Hopefully The hatred has eased!
    The problem with Lawrence is we will need pick #1 to land him. We won't be that bad and I don't think we really have a high enough pick that someone would trade next years 1st for ours this year. Also, whoever has pick #1 will most likely need a QB and no way they pass on him.

What are your guys thoughts on drafting a guy like Jake Eason in round 2-3? He can sit a year behind Cousins and learn the offense. He's got good size and a strong arm. Also seems pretty athletic, similar to Josh Allen but seems less dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by iowavike View Post
    Hello brothers and sisters Iíve been gone for a long time Itís great to still see most of the same posters from years ago. I like Cousins heís a very good QB but not Great and at this point probably never be great. 1 year left on contract. What do you all think of trading a 2020 pick this year for some teams 2021 first rd. pick next year to a projected bad team like the lions etc. for a shot at Trevor Lawrence! Any thoughts?
    sorry you've not been around just because some didn't like an opinion

Cousins is what he is. Unless a new QB/OC (Stefanski's gone it appears) can erase a couple bad habits, games like yesterday will happen. We've sucked at 1st rd picks anyway, so trading out wouldn't bother me........or getting one in a trade.

We have larger needs, but there could also be some solid QB picks available to us THIS year....question is, pick or not, how does Cousins react if he's NOT extended? What would he expect TO be extended? He shouldn't expect more than what he's already getting.....but I also don't see a rookie QB starting right away as a positive for an otherwise strong team, so that means either drafting a QB THIS year or extending Kirk.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I like Eason He was the top QB in his class out of high school. Got hurt at Georgia and and lost his starting job. 3rd round would be a steal. 2nd rd might be OK.

No I just got too busy to visit. Iíve got a thick skin. Always enjoy the debates. Great to be back. Youíre right about Lawrence going # 1 overall. But maybe itíll be a team that has just drafted their so called franchise QB and weíd have 2 first rd. picks to trade.

Cleveland shouldíve hired San Franís DC not our OC. 18 yards on 9 carries A healthy Cook no less. But thatís Cleveland!

Quote Originally Posted by El Jorge 69 View Post
    The problem with Lawrence is we will need pick #1 to land him. We won't be that bad and I don't think we really have a high enough pick that someone would trade next years 1st for ours this year. Also, whoever has pick #1 will most likely need a QB and no way they pass on him.

What are your guys thoughts on drafting a guy like Jake Eason in round 2-3? He can sit a year behind Cousins and learn the offense. He's got good size and a strong arm. Also seems pretty athletic, similar to Josh Allen but seems less dumb.
    Eason's my favorite QB in this draft. I'd love to have him, but I think we would have to spend our first rounder on him cause he won't be there in the second for us. And right now Jacob Eason is not a first round quarterback in my eyes and we need help on the offensive line, so we can't waste a pick on him. Best bet would be to trade outta the first and get some more draft capital. The Colts come to mind. Though I extremely doubt we draft a QB at all.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Iím guessing Klint Kubiak will be promoted to OC. Probably deserves the promotion and keeps the Kubiak in house. Shurmur could come back but if he does I could see the Kubiaks following Stefanski to Cleveland. Canít have that happen. Promoting Kubiak would mean most of the offense stays the same.

Either one of the Kubiaks I hope. If not, poor Kirk. This would be the third year in a row with a new system.

Shurmur to the Broncos

2020 Vikings Draft:

Anyone else glad Stefanski was named Browns HC? Addition by subtraction?

George Edwards fired. Iím fine with that

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    Anyone else glad Stefanski was named Browns HC? Addition by subtraction?
    I'm happy for Kevin. He's a good guy but still lots to learn. I thought overall he did a pretty good job as OC. Bottom line is our OL is just not talented enough to have successful game plans against good DL's.