Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 169 of 178 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2667
    Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Slay wants to be the highest paid CB in the league and I think he only has one more year left on his deal (could be wrong). There's no way we could pay him over 15 million a year with the cap trouble we are in. Reports are saying that the Lions also want more than what the Rams gave up for Jalen Ramsey which was two first rounders and a fourth rounder. In all likely hood the Lions might want Diggs and Cousins just for him. Then we would have to pay the man. Would love to have a CB on the team with his skills though.
    I hear ya, just wanted to throw a hypothetical out there. Cousins is one of the highest paid QBs in the league and Diggs gets paid a boat load of money as well so it would probably be a push salary cap wise.

How many of you want us to extend Cousins?
    How many of you that would like to extend Cousins are only saying that for cap purposes?

In other words, how many of you want Cousins because you believe in him long term?
    vs leaving his contract alone and finding cap space without tying us to Kirk beyond the coming season

I'm surprised at talk of cutting Everson but restructuring Reiff....I'd prefer the reverse. Everson's value goes beyond his efforts on the field and even just that, to me, has more value than Reiff provides
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    How many of you that would like to extend Cousins are only saying that for cap purposes?

In other words, how many of you want Cousins because you believe in him long term?
    vs leaving his contract alone and finding cap space without tying us to Kirk beyond the coming season

I'm surprised at talk of cutting Everson but restructuring Reiff....I'd prefer the reverse. Everson's value goes beyond his efforts on the field and even just that, to me, has more value than Reiff provides
    I am for the Cousins extension to get some cap relief and I also don't think there are better alternatives out there right now. I'd like to extend him for a year or two and trade up in the draft to pick a QB at some point in those two years. Or perhaps we will just suck really bad and we will have an early pick. Just have to hope we don't end up with another Ponder.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Diggs is at it again with his ********.

No Reiff imo is much more valuable than Griffen. Griffen is by far the better player but getting average OL is tough and Reiff is average but that is what you need. Griffen will be cut because we have younger options that have shown the ability to play at a higher level when given the shot.

We need to shore up the LG spot with one of the top FA's out there. Steve Hutchinson absolutely solidified the $$ he got from us. Thuney (who appears to be the better fit in our scheme) would be that.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Diggs is at it again with his ********.
    Yea definitely wants out of Minnesota. Even though the Vikings said they are unlikely to trade him, but keep in mind all the other young receivers were cut in their prime.

Griffen voided the last 3 years of his deal and is officially a free agent. Vikings should be under the cap now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Griffen voided the last 3 years of his deal and is officially a free agent. Vikings should be under the cap now too.

No surprise there as I'm sure we had the talk with him anyways that he would be cut. The one thing good about us not having to cut him is that we don't incur any dead money where before it was like $800k I think.

Griffen won't get big $$ or long term contract but he'll do just fine. I think some teams will be a little concerned about his mental health scare from last year. I'd expect him to get a 2-3 year deal around $10 per.

What the heck was he thinking voiding his contract?!?! How does he think he is going to get more at his age?

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

That is great news!
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    What the heck was he thinking voiding his contract?!?! How does he think he is going to get more at his age?
    He probably knew he was going to get cut. Voiding your contract looks better than being cut.

I'll be eager to find out if he'll count towards the compensatory pick formula. If he does, we might be looking at a haul of picks next year. Griffen, Harris, Waynes, and Mack could all be gone and net us draft picks. Maybe even Kearse too.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 02-20-2020 at 07:19 PM.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

nothing says he's gone....we'll just be able to negotiate a clean deal with him if we want to keep him....he's said he'd like to stay, so maybe he takes MUCH less on a 2-3 yr deal
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

nothing says he's gone....we'll just be able to negotiate a clean deal with him if we want to keep him....he's said he'd like to stay, so maybe he takes MUCH less on a 2-3 yr deal
    Id love to bring Everson back. I think hes one of our guys we cant afford to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Id love to bring Everson back. I think hes one of our guys we cant afford to lose.
    He'll be tough to replace, especially in the locker room but the thing the Vikings are probably best at is developing DL. Ifeadi Odenigbo looks like the next one. Considering how tight the cap is and our needs elsewhere, I just don't see how we can fit Griffen on the roster at a fair price. He probably still deserves at least around 8 million a year. Cameron Wake was 37 when he signed a 3 year 23 million dollar deal and Griffen is a better player and younger. I just don't see it working out.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

I believe Cousins can lead us to a super bowl IF...

1.) We have one of the best o-lines in the league
    2.) We find a true deep threat like he always had in Washington
    3.) Irv Smith ascends into a Pro-Bowl caliber tight end

He is a high maintenance QB, the system has to be perfect around him for this to happen. Problem is it will be also very expensive and difficult to pay those sought after Guards/Tackles. I think it would be much easier to find a more dynamic QB in the draft but deep ball accuracy is a must in a Kubiac system, that's why Kirk makes a lot of sense.