Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 126 of 128 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128 LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 1908
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Letís get real here, there is no way we can go into the season with the WR Corp that we have now. I just read that Jordan Taylor is leading so far for the #3 job. If Diggs or Thielen would go down, weíd be screwed. Iím sorry, but Iím not counting on these two late round rookies or Beebe or Zylstra. The only proven guy is Treadwell. Am I right?
    We needed a WR way more than a RB in the draft but decided to reach for a RB who would've been there a round or two later. Still mad Hakeem Butler isn't on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by natelpete View Post
    We needed a WR way more than a RB in the draft but decided to reach for a RB who would've been there a round or two later. Still mad Hakeem Butler isn't on this team.
    Mattison wasnít even projected to be drafted.

Thatís not true. Draftnetwork gave him a 4th round grade. Brugler 5th round. Zierlein 4th round. McShay said prior to the draft there was a lot of buzz around Mattison and he may go day 2. We took him last pick of the 3rd round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Letís get real here, there is no way we can go into the season with the WR Corp that we have now. I just read that Jordan Taylor is leading so far for the #3 job. If Diggs or Thielen would go down, weíd be screwed. Iím sorry, but Iím not counting on these two late round rookies or Beebe or Zylstra. The only proven guy is Treadwell. Am I right?
    Ya I don't have faith in any of depth guys. I hold hope for Tread just because he's been here the longest outside the others competing for that #3 spot. It's hard for rookies to have an impact so I'm not expecting those guys to contribute much outside of maybe ST's.

You have to think that Irv Smith could see some time split out as well. You could run Mattison and split Cook out too. Mattison for sure was a reach with most scouts having him in round 5 or later. I did see maybe one where he was projected as a 4th rounder but it likely appears we could have waited.

And just like I had mentioned last night this article was posted this morning.

Mile High Report looked at the performances by WR3 throughout Kubiakís history as an offensive coordinator or head coach and found only six instances of a third receiver catching more than 30 passes between 1996 and 2015. The last five WR3s under Kubiak had 22, 24, 22, 10 and 31 receptions.
    The MHR breakdown of Kubiakís tendencies includes the distribution of passes between receivers, running backs, fullbacks and tight ends. Interestingly the tight end role averages 23 percent of total targets over Kubiakís career. Last year Kyle Rudolph, David Morgan and Tyler Conklin made up just 15.7 percent.

Assuming Rudolph isnít traded, this points to the use of multi-tight end sets with rookie Irv Smith being used as a playmaker as a more prominent feature of the 2019 Vikings offense than the use of WR3.

Also notable: Running backs and fullbacks have made up 23 percent of the target share. Last year 16.3 percent of targets went toward the Vikings backfield.
    https://www.skornorth.com/vikings-2/...ubiak-offense/

Trade for Trent Williams and cut Reiff. Itís a great idea. Nothing will change my mind.

Trade for Trent Williams and cut Reiff. Itís a great idea. Nothing will change my mind.
    This would be such a great move for the Vikings. Trade Reiff and a future pick for Williams.
    Bring me Johnny and DeAnthony

Hell why not do a trade. Reiff isn't spectacular but he's better than what's out there. Throw in a draft pick to get it done too.

Quote Originally Posted by PDCballa View Post
    This would be such a great move for the Vikings. Trade Reiff and a future pick for Williams.
    They wonít take Reiff. He would have t be cut. It saves a crap load. There are also rumors of the Redskins cutting ties with Norman, so maybe a trade that involves Williams for one of corners. Even Rudy.

Weatherly reports that there has been talk about an extension for him.

Arif said Mata'afa was getting some snaps with 1s and was getting most of the 2nd team reps during the current mini camp. He said he didn't see Mata'afa getting those reps earlier in the spring.
    2019 Vikings Draft :

The only name I never here about is Jaleel Johnson...is he in danger of losing his roster spot?

Stefanski said Beebe has been making a name for himself. Heís competing for the 3rd WR spot.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Stefanski said Beebe has been making a name for himself. Heís competing for the 3rd WR spot.

if nothing else, he stands a good chance to replace Sherels on STs
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    The only name I never here about is Jaleel Johnson...is he in danger of losing his roster spot?
    I hate to say it, but I think his days in Minnesota are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post

Cool, but I still think the team brings in a veteran receiver for the #3 spot. Taylor doesnít count as a veteran.