Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 117 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1787
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Tubby View Post
    Kirk Cousins and #18 for Russell Wilson...get it done, Rick!
    Um I'd do that and next years first and Trae Waynes or Rhodes. Whatever it takes lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    The only problem with the tough catches is cousins doesnt like to throw into coverage, if a guy is covered he tries to look for the open man. That could be a good thing but when you have guys that are great on contested catches you need to give them a shot at it. Thats part of the reason theilen was so hot at cousins in that game at the end of the year. He wanted him to “just throw the ball.” Cousins doesnt do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reading some stuff that people have been doing on Twitter it sounds like this is what mainly changed from the first half of the season to the second. Kirk was very hesitant to pull the trigger. I just remember the Rams and Packers games where he was just slinging it.

The amount of money we’re paying our qb and 2 wr’s is staggering.

Ya it is...this is looking way to far ahead but cap casualities next year will probably be Linval, Reiff and maybe Rhodes. Depends on a lot of course but those are some guys who could get cut if they do not play up to their contracts.

2019 Vikings Small News Thread (News of players with no threads)

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Reading some stuff that people have been doing on Twitter it sounds like this is what mainly changed from the first half of the season to the second. Kirk was very hesitant to pull the trigger. I just remember the Rams and Packers games where he was just slinging it.
    Was reading up some info on him and his depth of target was one of the lowest in football last year (which coincides with his yards per attempt being low as well) and his fifth lowest ranking for positively graded plays. People will look at safe qbs and say to themselves “thats great, you want a safe qb right? One who doesnt turn it over.” Well, yes and no. You dont want to be careless but of course when you have great route running receivers who thrive on contested catches you wanna take those chances once a while. Let em come through for you. I think part of his sacks being so high as well was he didnt want to throw a pick either, so he held the ball. Ive always admired the gunslingers who take those risks.

Of course zimmer wants ball control/running type offense, which also has me baffled with the price given to our wrs and qb. Our philosophy is talked about as being one way but the money spent says another. Im so confused on the direction we wanna go i just dont know what the plan going forward is anymore.

Ya it is...this is looking way to far ahead but cap casualities next year will probably be Linval, Reiff and maybe Rhodes. Depends on a lot of course but those are some guys who could get cut if they do not play up to their contracts.
    isn't that true ever year for every team tho?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

I don’t think Linval will be cut. He’s too important. Next year I see Reiff being cut for sure. Rudy and Waynes will be gone. Maybe is cut if a young guard steps up. Griffen could be gone as well if he doesn’t rebound. Treadwell will be gone. We probably won’t have much cap space again next year but we should be ok.

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Anthony Harris signed his tender.

2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I don’t think Linval will be cut. He’s too important. Next year I see Reiff being cut for sure. Rudy and Waynes will be gone. Maybe is cut if a young guard steps up. Griffen could be gone as well if he doesn’t rebound. Treadwell will be gone. We probably won’t have much cap space again next year but we should be ok.

It's unlikely I agree but while he still played well last year his play was not as good as the year before. It's just one of those things we'll monitor because like a lot of our guys we can get out of contracts at the end of the contract with little cap hits.

As it sits now we'll be at $14 million for next year but that is not counting Theilans new deal.

But this kinda thing goes on every year.....some of the same people we're talking about being gone will get restructured deals, stay with the team, and create needed cap space....plus we can only guess on what the cap actually is and other variables like a younger/cheaper option available via FA, etc.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Was reading up some info on him and his depth of target was one of the lowest in football last year (which coincides with his yards per attempt being low as well) and his fifth lowest ranking for positively graded plays. People will look at safe qbs and say to themselves “thats great, you want a safe qb right? One who doesnt turn it over.” Well, yes and no. You dont want to be careless but of course when you have great route running receivers who thrive on contested catches you wanna take those chances once a while. Let em come through for you. I think part of his sacks being so high as well was he didnt want to throw a pick either, so he held the ball. Ive always admired the gunslingers who take those risks.

Of course zimmer wants ball control/running type offense, which also has me baffled with the price given to our wrs and qb. Our philosophy is talked about as being one way but the money spent says another. Im so confused on the direction we wanna go i just dont know what the plan going forward is anymore.

Cousins was also used to playing behind one of the best offensive lines in football. In Washington he could afford to sit back in the pocket and pat the ball with guys like Williams, Moses and Scherff blocking for him. He tried doing that this year and got sacked way too many times.

Christ...Russ Wilson just got 4 years $140 million extension. I don't know why I'm shocked because **** just keeps going up but damn. He's worth it though.

2019 Vikings Small News Thread (News of players with no threads)

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Cousins was also used to playing behind one of the best offensive lines in football. In Washington he could afford to sit back in the pocket and pat the ball with guys like Williams, Moses and Scherff blocking for him. He tried doing that this year and got sacked way too many times.
    Surprisingly he was middle of the road when it comes to Time to Throw at 2.74 seconds, his average completed air yards, average intended air yards, and aggressive percentage were very poor though, so hopefully that goes up this next year because those numbers should definitely be better.

It also depends what our OL looks like next year. I hope to god Josh Kline isnt the only big upgrade going into next year. I have a weird feeling they wont use a first or second on an OL. I hope im wrong.

Christ...Russ Wilson just got 4 years $140 million extension. I don't know why I'm shocked because **** just keeps going up but damn. He's worth it though.
    I look at russell wilson and realize he’s a super star. Would love to have him as our qb and see he is absolutely worth the money. The other side of me still feels that once that qb gets a giant deal the team overall is gonna suffer for it. Im still of the mindset that qb on rookie deal or team friendly FA deal is the way to go.

I look at russell wilson and realize he’s a super star. Would love to have him as our qb and see he is absolutely worth the money. The other side of me still feels that once that qb gets a giant deal the team overall is gonna suffer for it. Im still of the mindset that qb on rookie deal or team friendly FA deal is the way to go.

If you draft well you can build a solid team around a QB that makes the big bucks. Teams like the Saints, Colts and Chargers have done a good job of this recently. If you draft like ****, it’s very hard to compete with a QB taking up a large percentage of your cap.

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    If you draft well you can build a solid team around a QB that makes the big bucks. Teams like the Saints, Colts and Chargers have done a good job of this recently. If you draft like ****, it’s very hard to compete with a QB taking up a large percentage of your cap.
    The average money spent on a qb as a percentage of the teams overall cap on super bowl winning teams is 6.9%

Steve Young has the highest of a super bowl team at 13%

Im not sure what percentage russell will be or if they worked magic but history tells us if the percentage of cap is too high your team wont win a SB.