Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1311
    Sounds like the Vikes have started extension talks with both Barr and Diggs. Started in late June. I still don't think they can get both and if they do...well I'm not sure what I'll do lol. Especially, when you have to think both guys would be taking a significant pay cut compared to what they would get on the open market. Barr and Diggs would both probably command over $15 million each. Diggs is priority #1 but I could see him taking a 3 or 4 year deal with more guaranteed $. He probably wouldn't take this deal but I would offer him 4 years $52-$55 million. I think his value is in that $12-$13 range.

That's just it, we don't know WHAT Barr and Diggs think their value is.
    Diggs has to understand that his value is reduced by his ability to stay healthy
    Barr has to understand that his value is reduced by his ability to stay motivated

I don't see a reason they can't get both signed as long as neither adopts an Odell Beckham mindset.
    They've had a plan all along for all this and as far as we know it's all gone to plan thus far.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

The Vikings are way ahead in contract talks with Diggs than they are with Barr.
    Take your pants off

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    That's just it, we don't know WHAT Barr and Diggs think their value is.
    Diggs has to understand that his value is reduced by his ability to stay healthy
    Barr has to understand that his value is reduced by his ability to stay motivated

I don't see a reason they can't get both signed as long as neither adopts an Odell Beckham mindset.
    They've had a plan all along for all this and as far as we know it's all gone to plan thus far.
    But this isn't true. Harrison Smith missed more games than Diggs but still landed a contract making him the highest paid safety. Diggs will only be 25 this season and has performed at a high level. He's gonna get a fat contract.
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    But this isn't true. Harrison Smith missed more games than Diggs but still landed a contract making him the highest paid safety. Diggs will only be 25 this season and has performed at a high level. He's gonna get a fat contract.
    You're right and it will come down to how big of an impact does he make. With Harry we all know how much of an impact he makes on our defense. Maybe not as much today as perhaps in the past but I feel his impact is far greater. I say that and I know Diggs has an impact in part of the duo of he and Theilan. I really don't know what his impact is but it would be felt just not as much.

I also can't get out of my head the list of the top 10 paid WR's with only 3 of them making the playoffs. Who is the last great WR to win a Super Bowl? I checked the list out but my memory can't recall who each teams best WR was. None come to mind...
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/superbowl/history/winners

Diggs has missed 3, 3, and 2 games in his 3 yrs
    Harry has missed 3 games total in the last 4 yrs.
    He did sit out 8 games the year before when they put him on short term IR for turf toe.

I have no problem seeing Diggs get paid, I just don't think he should get a Sammy Watkins or Jarvis Landry contract.

Diggs has missed 3, 3, and 2 games in his 3 yrs
    Harry has missed 3 games total in the last 4 yrs.
    He did sit out 8 games the year before when they put him on short term IR for turf toe.

I have no problem seeing Diggs get paid, I just don't think he should get a Sammy Watkins or Jarvis Landry contract.
    I was looking at # of games missed prior to getting their first big contract. Smith and Diggs are good comparisons. I do agree based on #'s alone that it's tough to see Diggs getting that much money but at the same time not many #1 receivers have another receiver opposite of them who is also in the conversation as a #1 receiver. If either Diggs or Thielen were not on this roster, the other would have better #'s. With Diggs your investing in what you now and also the continued progression. IMO we haven't seen the best Diggs can be yet. I think Landry was overpaid but I also think Diggs is the superior receiver. I also think Diggs is a better receiver than Davante Adams and Sammy Watkins. If Diggs were to hit the open market it's safe to say he would be getting richer than all 3 of those guys. I won't be surprised if his deal with the Vikings does exceed all 3 but I'm expecting something between 13-16 million a season for him. IMO he's worth every penny.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

It will be interesting, for sure, to see what they offer and how much he expects.
    Another reason is because Cousins isn't the type to target just one or two guys, so if Treadwell progresses like we hope, he's taking some of Diggs' targets. If Wright, Rudolph, Cook, whomever else sees more targets with Cousins than they would have with Keenum/whomever, that's more targets.....not that Diggs' agent would let that reasoning hold his client's value down.

Length of contract may be interesting as well- 5/70 might work but is it too long, 4/60 would be more to Diggs' liking.....but hopefully he has the bigger picture in mind too...if you're getting say $40mil guaranteed is a few more on the contract worth it if it straps the team more, potentially weakening the chance at a SB run?

Less than 2 months til week 1

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Anyone want a Health Balance magazine featuring Diggs?
    Take your pants off

It will be interesting, for sure, to see what they offer and how much he expects.
    Another reason is because Cousins isn't the type to target just one or two guys, so if Treadwell progresses like we hope, he's taking some of Diggs' targets. If Wright, Rudolph, Cook, whomever else sees more targets with Cousins than they would have with Keenum/whomever, that's more targets.....not that Diggs' agent would let that reasoning hold his client's value down.

Length of contract may be interesting as well- 5/70 might work but is it too long, 4/60 would be more to Diggs' liking.....but hopefully he has the bigger picture in mind too...if you're getting say $40mil guaranteed is a few more on the contract worth it if it straps the team more, potentially weakening the chance at a SB run?
    Whatever happens we'll be fine. We have Rob Brzezinski in our front office. He's a magician with contracts.
    2018 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Whatever happens we'll be fine. We have Rob Brzezinski in our front office. He's a magician with contracts.

Rob Brzezinski is simply the best cap guy in the league period! I was telling my buddy that I think he’s the main reason why we are able to keep the guys we want, he thought it was because of Rick. Now I think Rick plays a big part but Rick doesn’t crunch the numbers, and that is the key part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why in the hell has Mike Hughes not been signed yet? There is no reason why any rookie should be unsigned yet there are 13 first round picks still unsigned.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Why in the hell has Mike Hughes not been signed yet? There is no reason why any rookie should be unsigned yet there are 13 first round picks still unsigned.
    He is 1 of 11 not signed. I guess there have been issues with the first rounders and their contracts.
    Take your pants off

Brandin Cooks just got $88m for six years. That might make it more difficult to get Diggs extended.
    Take your pants off

Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast