Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

I expect a dominating win but you never know in this league. I don't think the Cardinals are a terrible team but they are a team we should be able to take care of. We have to win these types of games. 30-14 Vikes.

Any Given Sunday

Fitz always likes to try and put on a show when he comes home.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

We're back on track. Hoping we win this in a laugher. 38-10.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Anyone wondering what's going on with Rhodes? He seems like he's in a funk this year. I wonder if the team is shook up over EG. I'm hoping he and the rest of the team keeps putting the pieces back together!
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

We SHOULD win this game, but im still not sold on this team yet.

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    I wonder if the team is shook up over EG.
    that's the only thing that explains the Buffalo game to me....their leader had just gone to some dark places, to some/most of them seemingly suddenly, and they were still processing it all when the game happened
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

AZ is coming off a win and the two games prior were close losses to good teams. We cannot look past them and treat this as a tough opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by niftynation11 View Post
    Anyone wondering what's going on with Rhodes? He seems like he's in a funk this year. I wonder if the team is shook up over EG. I'm hoping he and the rest of the team keeps putting the pieces back together!
    Rhodes has been overrated for a long time. Makes bonehead penalties, dumb mistakes in coverage, and is a hothead. I actually want us to trade the guy (we wont) because I think he hurts our D more than he helps it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    that's the only thing that explains the Buffalo game to me....their leader had just gone to some dark places, to some/most of them seemingly suddenly, and they were still processing it all when the game happened
    That and I think we overlooked them. The effort was not there because we thought we could coast to a victory. If we brought our best effort in that game no way Buffalo wins, something we cannot do with AZ. Hopefully we learned our lesson that every team needs to be taken seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Rhodes has been overrated for a long time. Makes bonehead penalties, dumb mistakes in coverage, and is a hothead. I actually want us to trade the guy (we wont) because I think he hurts our D more than he helps it.
    Nah I don't think he is overrated though he is very grabby still. It really depends on the match up because he can handle pretty much all the bigger wideouts. He has trouble with the small shifty guys because well he isn't small and shifty.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdom Listens View Post
    Are you on drugs? One of the best cover corners in the entire NFL hurts us more than he helps us LOL? Some of you guys have no idea what you’re talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by nasthemasta View Post
    Are you on drugs? One of the best cover corners in the entire NFL hurts us more than he helps us LOL? Some of you guys have no idea what you’re talking about!
    He sure hasn't played like it this year. Sure he's a good corner but he always seems to get knicked up/hurt in damn near every game he plays. And I always see him go ballistic and need to be calmed down by teammates a lot more than he should be. Has a bit of a temper. He is also 35th in passer rating allowed (or was leading up to week 5) and has a 55.4 PFF rating so far this year. He is obviously better than that but he isn't anywhere near one of the best this year. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    He sure hasn't played like it this year. Sure he's a good corner but he always seems to get knicked up/hurt in damn near every game he plays. And I always see him go ballistic and need to be calmed down by teammates a lot more than he should be. Has a bit of a temper. He is also 35th in passer rating allowed (or was leading up to week 5) and has a 55.4 PFF rating so far this year. He is obviously better than that but he isn't anywhere near one of the best this year. Not even close.
    We’ve played 5 games. That’s like writing off Paul Goldshmidt after he hit .200 over the first month of the season. Rhodes is a great player. Not a lot of teams ask their corners to do what we ask X to do. His job on gameday is to play 1 on 1 with the opposing teams’ best receiver. That subjects him to getting beat once in a while and drawing a few flags because teams naturally throw to their top option in the pass game more. There’s only a handful of guys that can even handle what we require of Rhodes. They simply don’t have the skill set. What doesn’t show up in the numbers is how damn hard he makes it for receivers to get off the line of scrimage and how much his physicality impacts games. We’re lucky to have #29, there’s not many corners i’d trade him for.
    Last edited by nasthemasta; 10-10-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfpac_101 View Post
    Which is what makes me feel he isn't himself this year. He's had two big outbursts that I can remember: the other week against the Rams and last year against the Saints when Sendejo (I think) got lit up. The Sendejo one I can understand. I hope he can get right in the head cuz he is better than this. Hopefully he and the rest of the team are mentally and personally okay.
    Catch 22: run or pass, you're screwed either way!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast