Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 185 of 199 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 2976
    I was never against Bradford. Had high hopes for him and still kinda do. Now though, I hope they can trade him after this season since they have Wentz and need him more than Bradford at this point with what they gave up.

I mean, if Bradford actually takes over as the franchise then hopefully the move for Wentz doesn't set the team back too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I was never against Bradford. Had high hopes for him and still kinda do. Now though, I hope they can trade him after this season since they have Wentz and need him more than Bradford at this point with what they gave up.

I mean, if Bradford actually takes over as the franchise then hopefully the move for Wentz doesn't set the team back too much.
    Funny thing is, this team was never as bad as people tried to make it. I've seen 3-5 wins predicted all over the site, just silly. Keep Sam clean, this team wins 10.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Funny thing is, this team was never as bad as people tried to make it. I've seen 3-5 wins predicted all over the site, just silly. Keep Sam clean, this team wins 10.
    ^^^

This is what I've thought as well.. It blows my mind some of the predictions this year from eagles fans.. No idea why they are being predicted so low.

Who did the Eagles lose that made the Eagles drop from 7 wins last year in a very bad coaching scheme to 3 this year in a coaching scheme that more fully fits the strength of the players?

Main Team roster losses:
    Demarco Murray (who I always thought was overrated) plus I always thought Ryan Matthews was underrated and I think he will have a good year this year if healthy. Byron maxwell (who I also thought was EXTREMELY overrated when the Eagles signed him to that crazy deal.. He was literally one of the worst cornerbacks last year, we won't miss him). And Kiko Alonso (which I liked but I don't think the linebacker group will miss him to be honest, plus he couldn't stay healthy anyway..) also Demarco ryans which sucked because he was a good eagle IMO that gave good veteran presence but he was quickly replaced in every role you can think of by Stephen tulloch..

In addition to those roster "losses" the Eagles brought in a very good safety (Rodney McLeod). He is damn good btw, he was flying in making plays all preseason in the limited time that he had. Yes the cornerbacks are mediocre still, but having two very good safeties over the top to help with coverage will make the cornerbacks better just watch.. Also, the Eagles added dorial green beckam, which is still a raw player I admit but at the very least I could see him as a serious red zone target THIS YEAR.. I mean, did anyone see that touchdown in preseason week 3? The cornerback wasn't even close to keeping the ball away from DGB and his 6'6" body. It looked like a NFL tight end catching the ball against a high school cornerback. Granted, that cornerback probably won't see regular action in the NFL anyway, but still it shows the potential that DGB has in the red zone.

I also have more confidence in sam Bradford then the majority of Eagles fans.. I hated the wentz trade but I've come to accept it. He's an eagle now, no point in complaining about the trade IMO until next year when the Eagles need to choose either keeping Bradford longer or trading him to regain some value on the Carson wentz trade. Nothing given up in that trade will hurt the Eagles in 2016 anyway..

I admit that having lane Johnson suspended could potentially be a huge loss for this team.. Big enough to lose a game or two IMO. But not enough to only give the Eagles a total of 2-3 wins next year, that's ridiculous.. I seriously can't see the huge drop off from last season that justifies a 2-3 win season..

Your baby can't do this

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the birds running a professional football offense again? Defense is thriving by not being on the field as much and the offensive line is slowly improving.

"We was catching 'em. Unlike Agholor."
    Your 2019-20 Eagles

I still feel for them to win 10+ games everything will need to go right with their major question marks offensively (I believe defense and ST will be fine). Not only does Sam need to stay healthy (which certainly isn't a given) but he needs to play consistent for 16 games which he hasn't shown yet (he certainly can this year). Mathews needs to stay healthy (which he's done 1 time in 6 previous seasons) because they have limited depth at the RB position. They need an outside WR to really step it up (if its DGB, Agholor, or Matthews if he eventually goes outside). They also need the Oline to bounce back but Peters to stay relatively healthy with Lane out for 10 games (potentially). There is no way Sam gets the protection he needs with 2 backup tackles. If I had to guess I'd say a win total of 8-8 but it can certainly go up or down a few games based off of a relatively healthy season or a season riddled with injuries.

3 wins in ridiculous but anywhere from 5-7 is probably most realistic. The defense alone will/should keep us in most games, maybe even win us a few.

the issue is that they won't be able to keep bradford clean, the o-line has too many issues and not enough depth and ... i'll wait fully until this DGB trade plays out; but i still don't see a WR who has the ability to not get jammed up at the line to allow themselves to get open 4 - 8 yards from the line / create any separation for sammy to throw it to ... we still haven't really seen 'an average NFL secondary' in all of our games ... i think our WRs will continue to struggle against press coverage + shoddy o-line play = disaster 4 - 12 to 6 - 10 range

we also have no idea how long lane is going to be suspended ... and can we keep taking the risk on Lane long term or will he keep getting suspended ... what does peters have in the left tank? we failed to address any of these questions for this draft and the next draft ... not good.

we should have replenished the o-line at #8 and then go out with what we have ... sammy having a great year is just about the worst thing that can happen for Howie ... because if he then trades away Sammy and Wentz struggles for a year or two ... we will have traded away a potential franchise QB, never received full value for bradford because we have wentz on the bench, and would have wasted 2 1st round picks ... that may take years to recover from

if we try to trade wentz, we will take a bath on the ROI

we are in a lose/lose situation unless we lose this year, run bradford out of town, and wentz is a pro-bowler for years to come ... what is the % that happens? 5% - 10% ... i get no risk, no reward, but that SUPER RISKY for basically the same return on investment. i'll never understand howie's strategy this off-season except for in the context of redoing the glory years of the mcnabb plan ... which we didn't move up in the draft to acquire, we just used our pick

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    the issue is that they won't be able to keep bradford clean, the o-line has too many issues and not enough depth and ... i'll wait fully until this DGB trade plays out; but i still don't see a WR who has the ability to not get jammed up at the line to allow themselves to get open 4 - 8 yards from the line / create any separation for sammy to throw it to ... we still haven't really seen 'an average NFL secondary' in all of our games ... i think our WRs will continue to struggle against press coverage + shoddy o-line play = disaster 4 - 12 to 6 - 10 range

we also have no idea how long lane is going to be suspended ... and can we keep taking the risk on Lane long term or will he keep getting suspended ... what does peters have in the left tank? we failed to address any of these questions for this draft and the next draft ... not good.

we should have replenished the o-line at #8 and then go out with what we have ... sammy having a great year is just about the worst thing that can happen for Howie ... because if he then trades away Sammy and Wentz struggles for a year or two ... we will have traded away a potential franchise QB, never received full value for bradford because we have wentz on the bench, and would have wasted 2 1st round picks ... that may take years to recover from

if we try to trade wentz, we will take a bath on the ROI

we are in a lose/lose situation unless we lose this year, run bradford out of town, and wentz is a pro-bowler for years to come ... what is the % that happens? 5% - 10% ... i get no risk, no reward, but that SUPER RISKY for basically the same return on investment. i'll never understand howie's strategy this off-season except for in the context of redoing the glory years of the mcnabb plan ... which we didn't move up in the draft to acquire, we just used our pick
    Agree with several of your points, but I think Bradford will have a better time being protected this year. The 2-3 TE sets with Mathews role being more prominent is really going to help.

Rodgers rode the bench for 3 years starting when he was 22. Carson is 23, you have plenty of time to wait.

Everyone knows OL should have been addressed, but Roseman must have seen something in Wentz to make him believe another QB like him wouldn't come along in 2-4 years. He also may have believed (conspiracy theory I believe) Dallas was targeting Wentz and jumped them. I know neither has played in the regular season yet, but I think Dallas' offense with Romo out would have been deadly. Elliott is an improved version of Demarco. There is 1 more draft at a minimum before Wentz should be starting (if he doesn't surpass Bradford this year). You have 2 more drafts if Bradford is around 2 more years and then you have to make a decision...lose Bradford and gain a 3rd-4th compensatory pick, or trade Wentz for picks if team is rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by themoleculoman View Post
    Agree with several of your points, but I think Bradford will have a better time being protected this year. The 2-3 TE sets with Mathews role being more prominent is really going to help.

Rodgers rode the bench for 3 years starting when he was 22. Carson is 23, you have plenty of time to wait.

Everyone knows OL should have been addressed, but Roseman must have seen something in Wentz to make him believe another QB like him wouldn't come along in 2-4 years. He also may have believed (conspiracy theory I believe) Dallas was targeting Wentz and jumped them. I know neither has played in the regular season yet, but I think Dallas' offense with Romo out would have been deadly. Elliott is an improved version of Demarco. There is 1 more draft at a minimum before Wentz should be starting (if he doesn't surpass Bradford this year). You have 2 more drafts if Bradford is around 2 more years and then you have to make a decision...lose Bradford and gain a 3rd-4th compensatory pick, or trade Wentz for picks if team is rolling.
    help who, the other team by having 1 less guy to account for? zach ertz is not a great blocker either, so that kinda sucks too ... keeping celek in as a blocker means you don't have to worry about him being a receiver either, like last year ... and matthews still has to prove he can get off the line AND catch it consistently ... DGB may help if he can get off the line to soften things up a little but right now, that still looks bleak when our interior line is not built for the power run game to support any of this anyway ... people are going to be coming in on bradford 5 - 8 times per game ...

also ... carson wentz is not aaron rodgers ... the packers did not trade up to get rodgers, he fell into their laps ... you can do that with someone who fell into your laps when they are playing behind arguably a top 5 QB in nfl history ...

finally, "if he doesn't surpass bradford this year" ... that is a particularly crazy thing, isn't it ... i don't honestly think wentz has that ability because bradford may be a higher ceiling QB than him still ... the only way I think he would surpass him, or even has a chance to, if is bradford gets hurt ...

i'll say this definitively - arm injury coming out of college and everything - sam bradford goes #1 over goff and wentz, and it is not even close

couldn't be more irrelevant saying Bradford would go before these 2. Had Wentz gone to a major FBS program I certainly could be different, but again not relevant.

who the hell said we win 3-5 games? worst case scenario we win 8 games.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    So will we be watching the draft here in Philly and hear the Cleveland Browns get the first overall pick next April?
    correct; with our 2nd overall pick having not played a game and hoping a long shot on a WR pans out ... while revamping the two most important positions on our O-Line

aka. gunna be a long wait until the 2019 off-season when we can start to actually compete again ... howie better hope wentz isn't just marginally better than bradford ... we won't know until it is too late, unfortunately
    Quote Originally Posted by The20thK View Post
    Is that the next two years combined?
    Quote Originally Posted by Young$avage View Post
    Not gonna lie, I was on the train saying we would win 5-6 games. But this under the radar team is screaming playoff berth to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    No chance.
    Top 5-10 pick more likely.
    hmmmm

help who, the other team by having 1 less guy to account for? zach ertz is not a great blocker either, so that kinda sucks too ... keeping celek in as a blocker means you don't have to worry about him being a receiver either, like last year ... and matthews still has to prove he can get off the line AND catch it consistently ... DGB may help if he can get off the line to soften things up a little but right now, that still looks bleak when our interior line is not built for the power run game to support any of this anyway ... people are going to be coming in on bradford 5 - 8 times per game ...

also ... carson wentz is not aaron rodgers ... the packers did not trade up to get rodgers, he fell into their laps ... you can do that with someone who fell into your laps when they are playing behind arguably a top 5 QB in nfl history ...

finally, "if he doesn't surpass bradford this year" ... that is a particularly crazy thing, isn't it ... i don't honestly think wentz has that ability because bradford may be a higher ceiling QB than him still ... the only way I think he would surpass him, or even has a chance to, if is bradford gets hurt ...

i'll say this definitively - arm injury coming out of college and everything - sam bradford goes #1 over goff and wentz, and it is not even close
    Gee whiz, I totally didn't think of that! Derp derp!

I didn't say he was...but thanks for putting the words in my mouth!

That's great! Are you an NFL scout? No? Well alrighty then!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDish87 View Post
    couldn't be more irrelevant saying Bradford would go before these 2. Had Wentz gone to a major FBS program I certainly could be different, but again not relevant.
    R3tards like to use strawman arguments to distract and move the conversation towards what they want it to be.

Saying were going to have a top 5-10 pick doesn't equate to 3-5 wins
    The worst team in the league had 3 wins last year.

Lastly its hilarious seeing people get hyped up after preseason again.
    Bradford will be solid, but him being great is what we as fans need him to have to sky rocket his trade value.
    Heck we can look to trade him to the Broncos mid season at the deadline is the Broncos get of to a really slow start.

But Jets, Bears, Broncos, Saints all will be looking for QB's come this off season. Possibly others but just an example.

I'm still waiting for someone to man up and put their money where there mouth is.
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest