Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 199 1231151101 ... LastLast

Official 2016 Off Season Thread - Philadelphia Eagles Edition

I am going to be closing the existing thread, and putting together a timeline of off-season moves in this one. Please keep the off-season discussion coming. The next post will be reserved for the addition of a timeline that will include key moves, key dates, etc.

So that we don't lose the information already posted in the other thread, I will attach the link here to view.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Season-Thread
    Last edited by BDawk4Prez; 01-25-2016 at 01:05 PM.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

Eagles Off Season Timeline: Click on date to view source/article.

1/18/16 - Doug Pederson hired to fill Head Coach vacancy left by the firing of Chip Kelly.

1/19/16 - Jim Schwartz hired to fill Defensive Coordinator vacancy left by the firing of Billy Davis.

1/20/16 - Frank Reich hired to fill Offensive Coordinator vacancy left by Pat Shurmur taking his talents to Minneapolis.

1/20/16 - Eagles hired a whole bunch of coaches, re-roled some, replaced some, etc. Most importantly, G-Lew has brought his talents back to Philly where is still arguably better than Riley Cooper.

1/21/16 - Eagles hire John DeFilippo as QB coach.

1/21/16 - Eagles signed Ross Scheuerman to reserves/futures contract.
    1/21/16 - Eagles sign Chris Pantele to reserves/futures contract.

1/25/16 - Zach Ertz signs 5 year, 42.5M, 20M guaranteed contract extension.

1/26/16 - Brent Celek signs 3 year, 13M, 6M guaranteed contract extension.

1/29/16 - Lane Johnson signs 5 year, 63M, 35.5M guaranteed contract extension.

2/2/16 - Vinny Curry signs 5 year, 47.25M, 23M guaranteed contract extension.

2/8/16 - Eagles cut Riley Cooper.
    Last edited by BDawk4Prez; 02-12-2016 at 10:59 AM.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

Zach Ertz signs new 5 year contract extension, 42.5 million with 20 million guaranteed.

The Eagles followed through with their goal of locking up young talent with a new five-year extension for tight end Zach Ertz, the team announced Monday.

According to multiple reports, Ertz's extension is worth $42.5 million with $20 million in guarantees from the Eagles, making him the NFL's fourth highest paid tight end behind Jimmy Graham, Julius Thomas and Rob Gronkowski.
    SOURCE

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

Ertz's response via Twitter.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

Very solid signing. When used right, Ertz has the potential to be a top tier TE. Nice to see us locking up the young guys.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats

If Ertz plays the way he did the last 8 or so games of the season he is certainly worth the contract he just received. I have confidence that when given the playing time and quality QB play he can continue to put up big numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkey3472 View Post
    If Ertz plays the way he did the last 8 or so games of the season he is certainly worth the contract he just received. I have confidence that when given the playing time and quality QB play he can continue to put up big numbers.

His health has been a question but he has all the skill set to be a very very good TE. I like the structure of the contract.

Props to NoFunLeague

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Very solid signing. When used right, Ertz has the potential to be a top tier TE. Nice to see us locking up the young guys.
    I like the overall deal -- and the $3.3M cap number for 2016 according to Sportrac. Very reasonable.

If he plays next season like he did over his final 4 this season, he's a steal at twice the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace23 View Post
    I like the overall deal -- and the $3.3M cap number for 2016 according to Sportrac. Very reasonable.

If he plays next season like he did over his final 4 this season, he's a steal at twice the price.
    don't think it's updated

This makes Ertz the 4th highest paid TE n the league so with a big pay day comes big expectations especially with the poor WR group we have. Excited to see if he can make that jump to the elite category, fully believe he can.

Now the front office has to decide who's going to be getting him the ball...Bradford, Sanchez, Draft pick, or Free agent....and does this extension mean the end of Celek's time in Philly? Ertz has to continue to work on his blocking...
    Phillies......2008 Champs.
    Eagles......2018 Champs.
    Flyers.......?????
    Sixers.......?????

Like it Cox and Lane next. This is the real Roseman, let's get back to the basics. Loyalty and commitment to our youth.
    That's Kendricks, Graham and Ertz solidified.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    100 says we win at least 8.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagles4Lyfe View Post
    Your on.

Homerism at its finest

I am probably in the minority, but this is a huge overpay. Ertz is a solid receiver, but he's a garbage blocker. Being the 4th highest paid TE, is point blank overpay.

Graham and Gronk are in a league by themselves, thomas is an overpay but he put together multiple double digit TD seasons in Denver. Ertz has 9 TDs in 3 seasons, not something necessarily that good, and his TDs have gotten less and less each season. He has failed to be that big bodied red zone target who can go up and snag touchdowns for us.

Eifert, Jordan Reed, Charles Clay, all TEs I'd rather have. A bit less than Charles Clay is what I believe is fair.
    Last edited by Nikeman; 01-25-2016 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post
    I am probably in the minority, but this is a huge overpay. Ertz is a solid receiver, but he's a garbage blocker. Being the 4th highest paid TE, is point blank overpay.

Graham and Gronk are in a league by themselves, thomas is an overpay but he put together multiple double digit TD seasons in Denver. Ertz has 9 TDs in 3 seasons, not something necessarily that good, and his TDs have gotten less and less each season. He has failed to be that big bodied red zone target who can go up and snag touchdowns for us.

Eifert, Jordan Reed, Charles Clay, all TEs I'd rather have. A bit less than Charles Clay is what I believe is fair.
    Inflation is why Ertz got more. Ertz is making around the same as people like Charles Clay, Jordan Cameron, and Kyle Rudolph who are all worse than Ertz, IMO. Ertz still has room to grow. It is a solid deal because the guaranteed money is not much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikeman View Post

I think your looking at the 42.5 million and not the guaranteed money which come out to around 4 million per year....that deal is solid and this gives the Eagles leverage to work out a deal with Celek or to release him,

Most people in this forum are overlooking just how bad chips offensive scheme was this past season, Ertz wasn't used to his strength and Ertz has a higher ceiling than Thomas, and I agree Ertz is a bad blocker but he can improve on that over time....I think this is a very very good deal on both sides, this is what I missed from Howie.....the Vinny Curry deal will say a lot about where the defense is going

Page 1 of 199 1231151101 ... LastLast